It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up The West there is another world out there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Ok I contributed to the thread by Domo1 about the little Chinese girl. www.abovetopsecret.com...

While appalled by the story I did not watch the video I get nightmare easy enough with out more horror.

I have to tell you all you really need to travel more. Why because you only seam to know your homes and how life is there.

I have no video only a true story about Sonya a little girl who was once in the orphanage where I spend my days as a volunteer. www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

One day after the turn of the millennium a little girl who latter became known as Sonya wandered into the market in a local town. The market is an open air area with umbrellas to protect from the sun and the rain. Around this area it is a very common site even today. Sonya lived under the wooden stalls with little protection from the wet in the rainy season and as she got to be known by the stall holders some would save her scraps of food. Feed in much the same way as you would feed a stray dog. Over the next year or so she became well known by the market people and even liked in many cases but no one thought on and took care of her.

At the age of approximately 5 years we have no way to know exactly how old she was, she was knocked down by a car. Largely this was a stroke of luck because the people there did take her to the hospital. She had a broken arm but this soon mended and the welfare people took control such as they are. It was also discovered that she was HIV positive and the welfare people got Sonya a place at the orphanage. She was a lovely little girl and was much loved by all here. I see the earn with her ashes every day.
Today we have over 80 children that we care for see if you will just walk by or send us a dollar to help with the rice.

A story that Dickens could be proud of but this one in the 21st century is true.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
don't have much to offer, but I just sent a small donation. children deserve help no matter what.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I live on social security myself, but i just sent you $5 which is really all i can afford to do, it is a worthy cause after all, i do not usually give, but where children are concerned, then they deserve everything any of us can do to help them.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thanks too you both very much, do you know we get more off the less wealthy than we do from the wealthy.

There is a lesson there I will delve into that when I get back tomorrow morning.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Are you insinuating that a child born in a developing country is worth more because they were dealt bad luck of their place of birth?

If someone is pouring boiling water on a kid in the USA, it is equally as bad as a non-western cultured kid having boiled water poured on them.
edit on 10/18/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Ok I contributed to the thread by Domo1 about the little Chinese girl. www.abovetopsecret.com...

While appalled by the story I did not watch the video I get nightmare easy enough with out more horror.

I have to tell you all you really need to travel more. Why because you only seam to know your homes and how life is there.

I have no video only a true story about Sonya a little girl who was once in the orphanage where I spend my days as a volunteer. www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

One day after the turn of the millennium a little girl who latter became known as Sonya wandered into the market in a local town. The market is an open air area with umbrellas to protect from the sun and the rain. Around this area it is a very common site even today. Sonya lived under the wooden stalls with little protection from the wet in the rainy season and as she got to be known by the stall holders some would save her scraps of food. Feed in much the same way as you would feed a stray dog. Over the next year or so she became well known by the market people and even liked in many cases but no one thought on and took care of her.

At the age of approximately 5 years we have no way to know exactly how old she was, she was knocked down by a car. Largely this was a stroke of luck because the people there did take her to the hospital. She had a broken arm but this soon mended and the welfare people took control such as they are. It was also discovered that she was HIV positive and the welfare people got Sonya a place at the orphanage. She was a lovely little girl and was much loved by all here. I see the earn with her ashes every day.
Today we have over 80 children that we care for see if you will just walk by or send us a dollar to help with the rice.

A story that Dickens could be proud of but this one in the 21st century is true.

Cool story bro.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
EDIT: nevermind. I'll be up late painting, before I goto sleep I'll try to bump a good thread for a good cause.
edit on 18-10-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I have 4 children of my own & have extreme sympathy for children in any situation when they are suffering. This is a good cause & I hope your organization receives the donations needed. I just sent $15.00 & hope it helps. Wish I could do more but with 4 kids and 1 income that is all I can do for now. GOOD LUCK & Many Prayers!!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Are you insinuating that a child born in a developing country is worth more because they were dealt bad luck of their place of birth?

That's certainly not what I took from the OP. I will say that a child born into poverty is more deserving of charity. It's good to lend a helping hand whenever you can.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

If someone is pouring boiling water on a kid in the USA, it is equally as bad as a non-western cultured kid having boiled water poured on them.
edit on 10/18/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

You thinking is 404... That is not what the OP stated....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Whilst there are people living in poverty in my country, no charity that seeks to improve the lives of foreigners will get a single penny from me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dear All
I thank all of those who have shown their support and particularly those who have made a donation.

Where I originate there are people who consider themselves poor and live on social security. It is my betting that most of these people have a DVD player.

Where I now live children who are poor live in a very badly constructed corrugate tin shack with zero amenities and an HIV positive, alcoholic mother. The eldest aged 9 cares for the 18 month old and his 5 year old sister.

I can only talk about the places I know and I know there are those who are worse off than where I am now.

2 hundred years ago people who lived 20 miles away where foreigners. We now consider ourselves to be civilized and indeed we now live in a global village.

It might be considered that we should start to behave as if this where true.

top topics

join