It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Capable of Making a Choice??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
ETA: This is my first thread, and in the heat of the moment I just clicked on the "new thread" button on the last thread I was reading. This is in no way about politics. This is about being alive, on earth, right now.

I feel like there are a lot of people, all over the world, that are angry. I don't think that it is necessarily a bad thing. I think that sometimes you need to get angry. Sometimes that is what it takes to make you realize what's really important in life. It's okay to be angry if your anger stems from the right place. If it makes you stop, even for a single minute, and say - "Hold on. Something is not right, but it doesn't have to be that way. I want to do something about it." - then we could actually make some forward progress in the world. Perhaps we could even start acting like adults.. and doing adult things. Things such as keeping the house clean. The house that the human family is supposed to be sharing - with one another AND with the rest of creation. Things such as taking care of one another and making sure we are teaching the next generations to do the same.

If people could only step back for a moment, and realize that any problems we face concerning politics, legislation, the economy, or the price of tea in China, mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the problem we face of the continued existance of the human race, maybe we could put things back into perspective on a grander scale than the next fiscal year. Or the next term in office.

Perhaps we can just call a worldwide timeout so we can tend to at least the most basic needs of humanity and planet we live on. We could just take a pause, stop killing one another, stop strip mining and poisoning the planet and everything on it, forget about "money" for the time being, take inventory so we can assess the whole "life and a place capable of supporting life" situation, make sure everyone is fed, clothed, and sheltered; and THEN if we still feel the need to, we can go back to passing around paper, and fighting with each other about whose skin color is better, whose religion is better, or who wears the best hats...

But first let's take that brief pause, to at least make sure that all things living actually have the means to stay alive.

And for those still thinking about how we could possibly pay to do this.. worldwide... realistically... first off see above (forget about money for the time being), and remember that you can't eat paper, paper doesn't make for good clothing, and we can certainly do better than paper houses. We have the resources CURRENTLY to feed the almost 7 billion people on earth, to provide each and every individual with SEVERAL changes of clothes, and to provide not just shelter, but decent shelter for all people....

We can do this RIGHT NOW. Why don't we?

join