It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toddler Run Over By 2 Vans Left To Die - Ignored By 17 People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Disgusting. do those people not have a heart? For that many people to just pass her by without helping makes me sick.I do have to question though,what in the hell was she doing walking in the street alone like that? What kind of parent allows that to happen?!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Well to be fair I did apologize. I suppose I misinterpreted what you were saying and at the time found it rather racist. Olive branch?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Truly sickening and incomprehensible to most of us in the west,unfortunately,life is cheap in China especially female life,this after all is the country where baby girls are taken into the wilderness and left to die purely because the family wanted a son.But it must take a special type of soulessness to ignore a distressed child whatever the culture.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I'm glad to hear that. I'm 26 and to be honest have become a bit less compassionate. I don't always stop for stranded motorists anymore etc... Don't let yourself change when you get older.

About stranded motorists... Here in Europe we now have criminal gangs that do this just so they can rob you dry. They act like they have problems with the car, but when you stop they rob you.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How horrible and upsetting. I have to say though I think it's disgusting to suggest that this is down to the fact that the people were Chinese (I'm not aiming this at the OP but at some of the responders). Our governments tell us how terrible life is in China while the Chinese government tells people how terrible life is in the west. It's called propaganda and I'd have thought ATS members would be wise to it. Please note this doesn't mean I think China is lacking in problems.

After reading this thread I was looking at BBC news (also a tool of TPTB, I read it because I want to know what info they are putting out, not because I believe it all) and there was an article asking:

"Why is the problem of violence against children so much more acute in the US than anywhere else in the industrialised world, asks Michael Petit, President of Every Child Matters."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm not putting it here to bash Americans, I'm pretty certain most of you are ok and there are plenty of horrific examples of child abuse from England (where I live) too, but considering some of the responses here it seemed like an appropriate article to give some balance, for those of you who are willing to read it.

Edit to add:

I know some of you can be a bit jumpy about things like this so I just want to clarify I did not go searching for this article at all. I read this thread, closed it, went to read other things, then went to the BBC news home page which had a link saying "Child death shame.The scale of child abuse in the US investigated", I was probably drawn to it because of having read this thread earlier admittedly.

Just pre-empting some of the obvious accusations which might have been thrown at me.
edit on 17/10/11 by morkington because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
I must admit I have not seen the video; I am trying to recover from the other Chinese video about skinning a dog alive on the market. The comments in this tread says it all I guess....

Growing up in China and other countries worldwide can be extremely hard, I understand. Really I do.
So if you are in that circumstances and read this post I would like to say: stay human. Its a choice.
Walking along a child in desperate need and do nothing: you are no more then a animal.

The world is so not ready yet.

Even animals aren't this bad. A dog has much more empathy for others than any of these people who walked by had.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Any community that values human life so little must truly be a hell on earth.

Terrible.

Disgusting.

Depressing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I can't watch it Domo, I'm sorry, I have a two year old myself.
Just thinking about the fate of that poor baby is torture in itself.

My stomach churns enough every time I see the little one across the road left to roam the street waiting for his mother to come out of the house. My eldest boy shot across in just his pants last week to save the 1 and a half year old from getting skittled (He was just changing out of his school uniform so it was already rush hour). This road is busy as it is with idiot drivers, but we live literally a couple of yards from a main road that has claimed more than it's fair share of pedestrian lives.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I can't watch it Domo, I'm sorry, I have a two year old myself. Just thinking about the fate of that poor baby is torture in itself.

Don't be sorry, I got maybe one hour of sleep and have just been staring at the ceiling. Keep your little ones safe!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Really? that'd be right wouldn't it.
Just when I thought the Chinese were baddest I was reminded of the Americans.

Human's worldwide are heartless.

And I'm not talking about how many people have died but HOW they died.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
MSM talks about it....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hey thanks for posting that. Is it possible the earlier information about the girl dying was incorrect? I sure hope so. Poor little thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have read the first few posts and I am having trouble with this.

The trash scavenger ayi called for help, and the little girl’s mother, who was in the vicinity, immediately rushed over and rushed her to the hospital.

Why was the mother not looking after her child? Where was she and what was she doing? Why did it take so long before she came to her childs aid?

As for the other people; someone should have helped and not stood by and let this happen.

Would it have made a difference if the child had been a boy and not a girl?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In another thread, someone posted the video. What I want to know is, who is the idiot filming this that he couldn't put down
the camera to help that little girl? I could possibly see a couple of those people not noticing the girl, but the camera person could not even pretend to have an excuse.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I can't watch the video (at work now; but kind of glad I have an excuse not to watch it), but wanted to add this thought - if you haven't heard of the Bystander Effect, it's an interesting and pretty chilling social phenomenon.

The bystander effect, or Genovese syndrome, is a social psychological phenomenon that refers to cases where individuals do not offer any means of help in an emergency situation to the victim when other people are present. The probability of help has in the past been thought to be inversely related to the number of bystanders; in other words, the greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that any one of them will help. The mere presence of other bystanders greatly decreases intervention. This happens because as the number of bystanders increases, any given bystander is less likely to notice the incident, less likely to interpret the incident as a problem, and less likely to assume responsibility for taking action.

So the more people are there, the less likely it is someone will help. Human nature sucks sometimes. I'd like to think I'd be an exception to this rule, and my heart goes out to that poor girl and her family.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it might be symptom of human behavioral reaction on overcrowding.

Friend of mine visited China, one thing he couldn't get over it was this scene, when they were driving through countryside, and there was farm fields all around kinda sloping up from both sides. Peaceful and calm landscape around here. But there every 2 square feet were occupied by worker, from kids to elders, all around in sight.
He said this kinda dissonance was biggest culture shock for him. I mean, imagine factory employing 3 mln people. Scary when you think about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Truely sad to see innocent life ignored. I have a two toddlers and I just cannot imagine how in the world people just walked around her knowing very well that she might be screaming since her legs were run over first so definitely she was in pain. That is way below humanity. Forget about WAR killings since they are purposely meant to destroy societies. The video just shows the value of human life in several parts of the world Including the US has diminished.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sometime .. We really diserve a meteor wiping everything on earth

HOW IN HELL NO ONE HELPED... its UNTHINKABLE
I would be the first one running at the poor child and secure him until the ambulance comes
taking note at the same time the immatriculation of the truck
all the people in the video doing nothing should serve 1 yrs in jail
they all have useless empty soul .. not caring A BIT
who the hell they think they are .. to much important
or all to shy ?? .. i CANT find any reasons to excuse those filthy animal

Any ATS psy can explain me
what sort of humans can left someone .. especially a wounded child
in the stree bleeding .. without even looking at him

Hope the 17 get haunted by the ghost of this child until they all rott in hell
im really pissed and couldnt believe my heart and eyes
edit on 10/17/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Words FAIL me here ...............

The first driver knew what happened.............. he will either turn himself (?) inn or commit suicide......IMHO

As for the rest of the passers by......well, maybe they thought it was a trick or a sillly game show or maybe they are just so inhumane and selfish that , well maybe they don't deserve the fragile little thing they have called 'life'

PDUK

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Some of the comments on this were equally disturbing:

It isn’t ignoring, it’s not daring. If one were to encounter a Nanjing judge, one would be screwed. [Note: "Nanjing judge" refers to the infamous 2006 case of a man named Peng Yu who helped a woman to the hospital after she had fallen only to have the old woman accuse him of knocking her down. The Nanjing judge in that case ultimately ruled that common sense dictated that only the person who hit her would take her to the hospital, setting a precedent that continues only further discourages and reinforces many Chinese people's wariness to help others in similar situations.]

No one wants to cause trouble for themselves. These days, everyone is busy enough with their own matters. To say these people are cold-blooded is a bit too strong. Those who want to criticize them should first ask themselves: Would you have gone to help or not?

Is the law this messed up over there that people are scared to help? Even if I were worried the medical bills would fall in my lap I know I would do the right thing. Blood is boiling right now.

These people are scared to death of the consequences of helping somebody? Wow, I'm glad I don't live there

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join