It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this ugly creature I caught on the underwater cam?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah...that is what I thought was strange...he just sat there,never swimming or anything.... and I just went to the cam and he's still there...it's so FAT!

You know this is a recorded video right? It stops at 2:38. If you hit play again it just shows the same video again.... So it is a video of something that WAS there.... for about 2:38 seconds...

Or was it live when you were watching it and they are just showing video now? Sorry if I misunderstand.

That said, it does look like a cat fish.... Sort of... But it's a stretch.I don't know what kind of fish it is
edit on 14-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
It never swam, just sat there on the bottom of the river for over an hour....when I left, he was still there....anyone know what it is?

edit on 10/13/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

So you were watching it live when this thing came up? I ask because at this point it is a pre recorded video that has this same fish. But it only goes to 2:38.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What you have there is a Sturgeon with a big fat head (the 4 whiskers under the mouth are the clincher)

Here are a couple of random, similar views from a google image search of Wisconsin river sturgeon ...

OP's video re-posted for comparison..

edit on 14-10-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Oh dear, no one told you? Tsk Tsk Tsk.....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Now that you mention it, it DOES resemble MY ex mother in law.....maybe we were married to the same guy!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!! Those are some big A** fish!!
I swear I am NEVER swimming in a lake or river again! Thanks for that....I think

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

i kept reading the thread title as "underwear"
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Ummmm.....so you were hoping to see "What is this ugly creature I caught on the UNDERWEAR cam?"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think you're right....no, you ARE right. I knew no fish would sit there that long...let me go see real quick if it's the same...BRB

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
YEP....it's not live at the moment. I don't know if it was live when I recorded it,but it's not now ...even though it says live ( having flashback to the BP thing)....oh well....no matter, it's still one ugly beast!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
OK....I think it's case closed. It's either a sturgeon (which I now think it is after seeing those pics above, and the fact that it's a cam where people look for sturgeon)....or a bull head catfish....I just thought it didn't look like a stugeon because the face looked flat. But after seeing those series of pics above showing the white area which looks like a mouth, I'll say it's just one ugly sturgeon.......I think

Just so everyone knows, I didn't think it was some mythylogical beast....I knew it was some type of regular fish, I just posted in this forum because I didn't know where else to post it.....fragile earth didn't seem right for it.

edit on 10/15/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Since it's unknown and new,why doesnt the discoverer name it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

OK.....I dub this creature " Itsafatsturgeon Mostlikely "

edit on 10/16/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This Goliath Tigerfish is the closest I could find to matching those fangs but it is one lost monster as these only usually exist in the congo...

Goliath Tigerfish

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VDownunder

Good God Almighty!!!!
I swear I am NEVER swimming in anything but man made pools from now on!! Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My Mother in law learned to swim.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
just looks like a catfish to me too lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Oooooh that's cold!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asper

Yeah....it's a toss up between a ctafish and a sturgeon....I'm leaning towards sturgeon because of the pics posted above. I knew it was some kind of fish....just not what kind

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Lake Sturgeon

Pretty common in the fresh waters of Wisconson. I think this is the culprit. That ain't no catfish!

<< 1  2   >>

join