It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Faces of Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Found this great collection of people on Wall Street and thought some ATS folks would like to see who is standing up for their rights, mine and yours. Look! There's whatsisname from the neighborhood!

There's that girl that cuts my hair and the dude that fixes my car.

There's my son's teacher, my nurse and my childhood chum.

I see that guy from the news stand, the hot dog cart and the girl that sold me that guitar last week.

Over there is my doctor, my lawyer and my accountant.

I also see the friends of my friends, my aunt, uncle, cousin and that long lost lover.

Wait! These are the people of the local Town, City, State, Country and the World.

This is me...you...us.
www.senencito.com...

"Occupy Wall Street" is a protest which began in New York and is now spreading across America. Many people are wondering who these protesters are, so I decided to document the people supporting the movement.

Some of the people photographed here have been in Zuccoti Park since the first week of the occupation, others are just visitors drawn to see the community that has been created in support of this movement. Rather than go and snap some ordinary pics, I took along a huge 5ft diameter light box to capture isolated portraits of the people participating.

These are the people I met:

www.senencito.com...

Enjoy!

Photos by Senen Llanos

Thank you Senen!

Peace

edit on 9-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Those look like some pretty good quality photo op-purtunities. Makes me trust that it hasn't already been co-opted even less.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Cant co-opt an idea. Sounds kinda cliche. But the people who know why ows is there, know that any co-opting or attempting to, will be dismissed. Lol. Thats another thing about not having a leader too, they cannot be corrupted.

They can not 'take the leader out' which is a usual tactic. Because everyone is. and isnt. at the same time.

I hope this grows. I hope to see millions take to the streets in the coming months.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'd rather see pics of ugly people who haven't shaved in a couple days at an inopportune moment of the cameras shutter. Would seem less like a staging. Besides I'd like to think they would be to busy protesting or communicating ideas to bother with makeup, wardrobe, props, photographers and grips.

new topics

top topics

join