It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the 99%?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Savedone... Look up information on the Federal Reserve, and the Banker Bail Outs, the greatest swindle in human history... then get back to us.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infrasilent
reply to post by Anusuia

You, and the rest of the industrialized world, have taken advantage of the achievements in medicine that were made possible by the extraordinary incentive (read profit) generated by the healthcare system in the United States. We even subsidize certain drugs for OTHER NATIONS but not our own.

Why?

Because someone has to pay for them. And no other nation is able/willing to.

That poor guy may have to pay an extraordinary sum of money to take care of his girlfriend, but she's alive-- he should take comfort in the fact that any amount of money can keep her alive.

Here ya go Infrasilent. A long list of Australian inventions and achievements the U.S takes advantage of. There's medical stuff in there as well.

www.whitehat.com.au...

Also the aid we'll send overseas, which includes health, (4.8 billion) supplied by a population of 22, 725, 688 people.

$ 4.8 billion divided by 22, 725, 688 = 222.753351 pp

www.globaleducation.edna.edu.au...

Here's the aid the U.S will send overseas, which includes health, ($58 billion ) supplied by a population of 308,745,538 people.

$58 billion divided by 308, 745, 538 = 190.543631 pp

www.forbes.com...

You might want to reflect on how wrong you are. Though I doubt you'll bother.

edit on 6-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by AzureSky
You are part of the 99%. A percentage of your paycheque went into the pocket of some billionaire,

Please provide a list of the names of these mysterious billionaires we're making rich off our tax dollars, because as far as I can tell they don't really exist. Here's a list of billionaires, perhaps someone here could point out which ones are getting rich off of tax dollars:

www.forbes.com...

Is it Bill Gates of Microsoft? Christy or Jim Walton of Walmart? Maybe it's Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook? Forrest or John Mars of Mars Candy? Phil Knight of Nike? Frankly in looking down the list I'm seeing a "who's who" of the biggest employers in our country. These are the people that are keeping the economy moving and are the ones who should be receiving incentives to create more jobs rather than being told they need to give up their money simply because they've gotten rich from being entrepreneurs.

If you lost your job though, and you could not find another one, or your wife. What would happen?

As I said, we have no debt. That includes our house. We've been prudent planners, and we're well prepared for whatever may happen. While most others have been charging up their credit cards to the max to buy junk they can't afford and buying houses that were 10x more than they could afford thanks to "wonders" like interest-only loans, we have been controlling our expenditures and planning for the future (whatever it may hold).

With the threat of a doubledip recession in the united states and essentially, the entire planet. Jobs are going to be decimated. And some rich bastard somewhere will be putting a nice billion dollar bonus in his pocket. These super rich people actually make money off of a country going into a recession.

Well then let's go after those rich billionaire bastards that are getting richer off the sweat of our brows!!!!! What are their names again?

I've never wanted an 'office' job. You don't become 'one-of-us' until you can wear your tie properly in a social environment.

Heck, check-out the guys on TV who pretend to actually "push for your ideals" in the news. They take their ties off and roll up their sleeves and try to come-off as one of us.

It's like a pimple on the end of my nose, really. How many of us wear a tie to work, and how many of us feel ridiculous about it? Uncomfortable in our own skin?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Regarding the bank bailouts we the people became a Shareholder who had a seat at the Executive Boards hence why they paid it off as fast as they did. It was a defacto "Nationalization Of The Banks"!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A question has been asked? Why is there no unified reason for the OWS? I have the unified truth. THEY ARE 99% being ruled by the 1% that is the unified reson they are occupying anything. And then ther are these of course One, the federal reserve banks, NOT FEDERAL AT ALL (no gold in fort knox).Two, the fiat currency being used around the world( made from printing presses)? and Lastly, the domination of our SOULS. Born into a world of service/debt. But mostly because 1% together is no thing to 99% united! WE ARE THE 99% that is why we occupy!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join