It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy! Democrats, Republicans and Independents!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Isn't it great to see Democrats, Republicans and Independents marching together
for freedoms! Our founding fathers would be proud, we are not going to take this
institutional corruption sitting down. Don't believe the agents of TPTB, media and
the elites who will try to demonize the protestors and their efforts.

I saw a rally earlier and it was great, people of all types, in solidarity, beyond party
or affiliation, expressing themselves, using their 1st amendment right!

Our Founding Fathers would be proud!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

People once said the same thing about the tea party...then they were co-opted.

Much the same as this movement will be.

Or is this Tea Party II....under a new name?
edit on 3-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Go go go!! we totally endorse the movement. Trying to improve things has never been saw as a bad action from the people. If people revolts is because things are not working anymore. Therefore it needs a deep change.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

I think your founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves that you guys let it get this way.
You WILL take it sitting down as always.
Mark my words...next year at this time it is still going to be business as usual on wall street.
(unless they collapse of course)

Protest might bring awareness but i highly doubt your corrupted officials are going to help you get their masters and rulers out.

Remember the Iraq war protests??
Remember the bailouts?
Remember all the protests about 911?
Remember all the tea party garbage??
Protest after protest after protest and no change in sight.
How is this any different??

I really doubt your founding fathers would be proud of your current situation and i doubt they would be proud of the outcome that this will have....nothing is going to change,therefore nothing for them to be proud of.
I'll talk to you in 1 years time and you will see....no change coming.

Its sad but true.
edit on 3-10-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

WOW...thanks for the encouragement as I try to make the world a better place one movement at a time. For me and for my kids, I will continue to support groups for change and efforts just like Occupy. BTW...I could use your Maple Leaf for another kind movement. Your opinion sucks and I'll thank you to stay on your side of the fence if you can't be constructive. People fighting for change...that's what this is about. I am sorry that the effort doesn't meet your standards. Really negative stuff man. It's people like you that keep this planet the cesspool that it has become.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree with above. You have to be able to keep a positive mind set about these things. How will the world ever change if the 99% doesn't take a stand. THIS movement seems to be focusing on more on the big picture. All of the protest movements you mentioned above stem from the corruption of the elite. And to the people who say "What are they doing?" "What are their demands?" "They don't even have a list of blah blah blah..." You know what we are there for! We protest for you!? Aren't you in this 99%? If 30% of the general population just STOPPED what they are doing (going to work/paying bills/buying groceries) the whole country would come GRINDING to a halt in a matter of days! We the people rule this world...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

So because i have an opinion contrary to yours mine is invalid.
Nice way of thinking.

I chose to post this opinion knowing it is not a popular opinion and expected replies like yours.

Can you tell me what I posted is not true??
Are you trying to tell me the Iraq war protests and everything else i mentioned has changed because of protesting??
Wrong...NOTHING has changed.
See you next year.

Its great to be idealistic but you also have to be realistic.
Also to add....the people are not fighting...they are just sitting there with signs.
Big difference.

I guess i will be talking to you in a year as well then.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Don't give up just because of nay sayers, they win though discouragement
and marginalization. I hope the Tea Party comes out next, they will give all
kinds of hell to corporate America!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
right on. Everyone needs to keep the eye on the ball. Take the money out of politics and end the fed and their crony banks' domination of our money system.

top topics

join