It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what's happening outside Wall Street now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
pause4thought just saw your post after posting doh! Still it should be in the main news and they probably only have the small story because they can't hold it down much longer,tossers!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
America - I sometimes mock you guys for being too..... passive.

But watching the feed has reminded me that many of you guys are as pissed off with the big bankers and greedy corps as the rest of the world and are standing up against the greed.

Good luck to all the occupiers and protesters!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The police will create disorder in order to create order

I'm not joking, that's what they always do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

No worries. It IS definitely odd that protests in other countries got wall to wall coverage (excuse the pun), whereas what is happening in the US is so obviously being downplayed, as others have said.

Russia Today should be well worth watching, as EnigmaAgent pointed out. No holds barred there...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Fantastic to see Occupy Wall Street gaining traction. Just picked up a news piece on Seattle...only 50 strong at this point but let us hope it will grow as well....this needs to spread Nationwide!!

Seattle Times

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Maybe Anon could work their magic and hijack the MSM and transmit their own news cast of the events.

We need an infiltrator within the MSM to push that button to show what they do not want shown.

I would do it, just need to be on the inside.

I suppose that just got me knocked out of any job opportunities at a MSM company.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Seattle baby lets make it happen!
This is very exciting to see.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by Human_Alien

they closed a portion of it...but it seems most are off the bridge now but it's still an area where the cops are holding a lot of people...

estimates of the size of the protest are said to be growing up to 20k now...and still more showing up it seems...

Thanks m'friend

I'm just wondering what portion of the bridge did the police CATTLE the people to? I mean, if those not familiar with the BB, there are two thoroughfares for traffic and one pedestrian walk.

What's the latest news please?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

they closed a portion of it...but it seems most are off the bridge now but it's still an area where the cops are holding a lot of people...

estimates of the size of the protest are said to be growing up to 20k now...and still more showing up it seems...

Thanks m'friend

I'm just wondering what portion of the bridge did the police CATTLE the people to? I mean, if those not familiar with the BB, there are two thoroughfares for traffic and one pedestrian walk.

What's the latest news please?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here's a link to some very recent videos, for those that are interested:

Last I heard there were 350 people blocked off, and 75 people arrested.

Edit to add a link to a CNN article.
edit on 1-10-2011 by dyllels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Watching the live feed you could see the people crowded on 'this' side, while the traffic passed by on the 'other' side.

(Are you within reach yourself? Any chance of some first-hand reports / footage?)

reply to post by dyllels

Just what have 75 people been arrested for? You could see from the live footage they just happened to be the people at the front of the crowd. They were even smiling / singing while being handcuffed.

Those officers must feel proud of themselves...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

This is epic! I'm watching the live feed on the Brooklyn Bridge, and it's getting crazy down there! They're arresting random people in the crowd right now.

There are also over 14,000 viewers right now, and that's only going to grow as well as the number of protestors.
edit on 1-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
During nineteens, in Belgrade, demonstrations lasted for months and years.
Special units would send their members, wearing black and hooded, who beat random pedestrians, especially women and children. Spreading terror is common in situations like this. The most common excuse to break the demonstrations was traffic disturbance.

All that didn't really help until several hundred thousand people came out and kicked some ass, put parliament on fire and only then Milosevic admitted his defeat at the elections.

It is not going to be any easier in America, especially because the goal is not very precisely defined. Expecting the two ruling parties to clean the mess they've created is naive.

edit on 1-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Maybe Anon could work their magic and hijack the MSM and transmit their own news cast of the events.

We need an infiltrator within the MSM to push that button to show what they do not want shown.

I would do it, just need to be on the inside.

I suppose that just got me knocked out of any job opportunities at a MSM company.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

While that is cool in the movies, I think they are smarter than that.

Can you imagine what resources the various agencies would bring upon them?

And to top it off, it would probably cause even more of our rights to be restricted or taken away.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

The world won't be watching much longer if they keep looping previous footage, over and over.

RUMINT is the Camera guy was arrested.

Any other live feeds?

They need more than one crew at this event. Otherwise it will continue to get buried.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Maybe some breathing space to reflect:

"The antiglobalization movement was the first step on the road. Back then our model was to attack the system like a pack of wolves. There was an alpha male, a wolf who led the pack, and those who followed behind. Now the model has evolved. Today we are one big swarm of people."

The beauty of this new formula, and what makes this novel tactic exciting, is its pragmatic simplicity: we talk to each other in various physical gatherings and virtual people's assemblies … we zero in on what our one demand will be, a demand that awakens the imagination and, if achieved, would propel us toward the radical democracy of the future … and then we go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen.

The time has come to deploy this emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America.

On September 17, we want to see 20,000 people flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices.

Tahrir succeeded in large part because the people of Egypt made a straightforward ultimatum – that Mubarak must go – over and over again until they won. Following this model, what is our equally uncomplicated demand?

The most exciting candidate that we've heard so far is one that gets at the core of why the American political establishment is currently unworthy of being called a democracy: we demand that Barack Obama ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington. It's time for DEMOCRACY NOT CORPORATOCRACY, we're doomed without it.

This demand seems to capture the current national mood because cleaning up corruption in Washington is something all Americans, right and left, yearn for and can stand behind. If we hang in there, 20,000-strong, week after week against every police and National Guard effort to expel us from Wall Street, it would be impossible for Obama to ignore us. Our government would be forced to choose publicly between the will of the people and the lucre of the corporations.

This could be the beginning of a whole new social dynamic in America, a step beyond the Tea Party movement, where, instead of being caught helpless by the current power structure, we the people start getting what we want whether it be the dismantling of half the 1,000 military bases America has around the world to the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act or a three strikes and you're out law for corporate criminals. Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America.

Post a comment and help each other zero in on what our one demand will be. And then let's screw up our courage, pack our tents and head to Wall Street with a vengeance September 17.

Source

It is a bit frustrating when the live feed is down. Here's something informal to add to dyllels' footage:

Facebook

NB Live footage back on stream (in the dark). (link)

edit on 1/10/11 by pause4thought because: link added

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I do not live in fear that way.

I still say do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What makes this so crazy...is...while the cops are breaking the rules....the people still behave like good sheep. Who's yo da-d???

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Maybe Seventytwo has ran with your idea.
Of course, he ran into a wall.

If what you propose were to happen though...

These interesting times would get a whole lot more, um, interesting.

Remember, that is a old Chinese curse. "May you live in interesting times."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

By staying orderly and peaceful the people show themselves superior. Don't discourage it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join