It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it illegal for 11 year olds to protest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Do you know why she is their? NO she is their for her own reasons.

No she is probably there for the WRONG reasons trying to fit in with the crowd because it's a trend now days. Trying to act adult when your not is the WRONG reason. Which is why kids aren't allowed to do things that adults do like drink alcohol and gamble!

So what? she still has the right to be their. No matter the reasons.

Oh and editing quotes is against the rules.
Thats what i said DO NOT EDIT IT, you only edited it because you know im right.

"Do you know why she is their? NO she is their for her own reasons. Do you think she deserves to be a arrested? ITS NOW, its her future just as much as it is yours. "
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Where did I edit your quote? I simply found something you wrote, and I used it in my argument, and flipped it to a more logical explanation. Maybe you will know how to do that better when you become more of an experienced contributor at ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Have we established that there was an 11 year old, or has this thread gone hypothetical now?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why would it be illegal?

It's up to the parents what lessons they want to teach their children and to assess the risks and benefits.

I went to my first protest at the tender age of 6 and remember vividly my mother almost being trampled by an NYPD horse...at one point it looked like her head was in the horse's mouth. And yes, I was fearful, but I was far more impressed by the courage of all the people who were standing up for something they believed in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My friend and I took our children on protests too. They're raised with truth and wore signs. It was not violent nor was any violence expected. But it was a fairly long hike. If there had been any expectation of trouble during this, we would have left them with sitters.

In view of recent types of protests I think children should not be there, because we don't know whats going to happen. However, its not illegal and arresting a peaceful 11 year old protestor is uncalled for.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Have we established that there was an 11 year old, or has this thread gone hypothetical now?

For what it is worth, the guy that is talking on the live stream right now just answered a question.

The question was " What happened to the little girl that got arrested"

He said he did not know. Something about a 14 or 15 year old waiting for food...Not sure if the girl was released or what she was arrested for?

I don't know... The people there don't seem to know either.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Kids are not stupid.
When I was 11 or 12 I was working in Ed Clarks' political campaign. I already knew I was a libertarian.
My son has protested- in fact, the Jackson Bortz protests at the state capital were about 60% children.

Children are people too, and just because they are young does not make them stupid.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think that this is the video the OP is referring to.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Well unless I see some ID, those girls did not look like children to me. Even the girl(?) with the interesting hat.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would even go so far as to say that children maybe have MORE RIGHT than anyone to protest-when there are wars they get shot, killed,and orphaned too. When there's economic injustice, they become deprived and./or disadvantaged, and maybe starve when they are growing and need food and care more than at any other time in life.
It's their world too.

At least if a child finds themselves in a position of recovering land mines so they have food to eat, they will know why and that they tried to stop it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

I am just speaking in general. A 11 year old regardless of the fact is that if they have to go to school, and they are out ditching school because they want to protest with adults then that tells me a lot of how that child will end up when she does become an adult... I guess no one really knew what I was saying or getting to, but that is the bread and butter. End of thread....
edit on 2-10-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by topherman420

I am just speaking in general. A 11 year old regardless of the fact is that if they have to go to school, and they are out ditching school because they want to protest with adults then that tells me a lot of how that child will end up when she does become an adult... I guess no one really knew what I was saying or getting to, but that is the bread and butter. End of thread....
edit on 2-10-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar

This is more important then government education. We wont have government education much less a government if we do not do something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join