It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Abandon Cali Life & Other Lifestyles, Forced to Live Crowded & out of Tents & Cars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Look at places in the US that are doing well.

I think they need people in North Dakota to work in the oil shale industry.

Check it out before you're down and out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in a town that is modestly affluent.

You can not live here on a minimum wage job. That would barely cover the cost for an apartment. If you are single you could go in with a bunch of others and share but that only works when you're young.

The US does not guarantee you a middle class existence. It used to be if you worked hard you'd do OK. That's no longer the case.

My wife was just laid off. Bummer

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by lbndhr

Look at places in the US that are doing well.

I think they need people in North Dakota to work in the oil shale industry.

Check it out before you're down and out.

Your right, jobs in the Dakotas, also Missouri and Kansas. We have been researching and are closing in on where we will go. Luckily back in2001 before all hell broke loose we bought a 26 ft travel trailer and a generator. I'm very very thankful for this option we have, and very hopefull yet optimistic about our tomorrow's . Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You can not live here on a minimum wage job. That would barely cover the cost for an apartment. If you are single you could go in with a bunch of others and share but that only works when you're young.

The US does not guarantee you a middle class existence. It used to be if you worked hard you'd do OK. That's no longer the case.

We down graded our financial expectations to minimum if need to. Two minimum wages are durable.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Lol just the young, My friend, I am married 36 and have a 9yrold daughter (that used to be a boon for tax season...yeah not anymore) I can tell you this, we STILL have a roommate, and we are all still struggling, I am currently back in school and not working, you think that helps? We do what we can with what we've got and although modest we enjoy life while we can, for tomorrow who knows what will happen, as one animated Fishy Guru said "Just Keep Swimming" yes I just quoted Ellen Degeneres. these people in Tent cities, middle aged folk with room mates its all we can do to keep going, at least in a tent city the man can't F with you too terribly much nothing to take... I believe in every dystopia movie I have seen the heros always without fail come from tent cities.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

The white house didn't always have a fence around it and citizens could picnic on the lawn. There are photos of it.
A tent city around the capital could send a strong message.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

congratulations. i could actually feel myself becoming more stupid as i read and re-read your post. it was like a visit to the twilight zone.

millions, huh?

5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years ago etcetera there was third world trash bringing our fair streets down to their level, this is nothing new. yes, they've been defecating and urinating on the streets of NYC's 5 boroughs for a very long time. these are the same people who will block the sidewalk with their BBQ as they smoke out the neighborhood and blast their music at all hours of the day and night.

reading some of your incredible claims i'd have to say you should join them. they don't know any better, and from the looks of it, facts mean nothing to you, you just make things up. you all should get all very well: the ignorant and the stupid. time to leave mom's basement and go live with those who will accept you. you'll probably be like a King in very short time. "genocide and false flag occult sacrifices" bwahahaha! you are a Tool! i'm surprised you can use a keyboard.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

These people don't look like illegal immigrants to me.

Can we actually talk about the growing homeless situation now please.

currently 1/3 (and growing) of US's prisoners, homeless, and public assistance persons are illegal mexicans.

anyways yeah lets talk about the other 2/3 that aren't illegals.

nevermind i think i said enuf for now.

edit on 29-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

LOL! these statistics fresh in from Your Imagination. if you say it, it must be real!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This guy says it's real.

That the unreported unemployment rate is much higher than official.

That Many movie studios have already left,

That Honda left, Toyota left,

Taxes are getting worse.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What gets me is the hypocracy surrounding the police and public reaction. In Lexington, KY there are dozens of UK fans pitching tents and camping out to purchase tickets. They are also noisy, etc. The public and police aren't complaining about them.

However, have a homeless family pitch a tent in the same area and the public and the cops want to attack them! The cops will tear down their tents and assault the homeless.

The only difference is their socioeconomic status.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Its is the governments of these peoples nationalities that are to blame. Mexico is so dangerous, that even president Morales is afraid to go out of his mansion. The mexican drug cartels own mexico and its people live in fear constantly. The U.S. should be down there helping secure mexico and killing off these druglords instead of giving them more weapons to terrorize the mexican people, thats part of the reason they are all jumping our borders and leeching our jobs. They want a better life for themselves and their families and if they obtain their better life by taking it from american citizens then so be it, they will do exactly that and they are doing that and they are spreading further and further up from the southern borders.

Ofcourse the u.S. would rather give trillions of dollars a year to foreign countries instead of giving that money to the southern border states and creating jobs by protecting the southern border but, you know how our government is. The U.S. government is a reverse Robin Hood, they steal from the poor to give to the rich i.e. Corporate America. As far as i'm concerned we don't live in the United States of America, we live in the Corporate States of America.

All i can say is thank God i live in arkansas, there aren't many jobs here for the illegals to steal because UNION'S own the blue collar work in this state and our unions aren't going to be giving any illegals jobs over naturalized citizens.

If you want mexicans to stop coming to the U.S. illegally, you make mexico safe for them to live in, kill the damn drug lords upgrade their law enforcements and military, and help them create their own industry where they can make their own goods instead of american businesses going over there because the labor is dirt cheap. When mexico can have the standard of living the U.S. has they will stop flooding our borders.
edit on 30-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Please take it from me if you will, making any kind of a living in California is never easy. It is a place which for the most part is every bit as expensive as NYC or DC, but the wages are no higher than they are anywhere else. As a matter of fact, even for professionals, it is usually less.

Over the years, millions of people have indeed left that state. Google up "California population decline", if you will, & peruse the articles listed, & you will see that this is true. Just because this thread's title says millions have left doesn't mean that all of those people left in one year. Good work, OP, your thread is encouraging healthy responses from all over.

I left that state a long time ago after I finished college. It is a state in which the average person will end up working 2 or even 3 jobs just to make ends meet, which gets old very fast- at least in San Francisco, where I once was. It is a state where a home of 1000 square feet can cost a million dollars, & a place where it often takes 2 professionals married or not making $75,000 K a year each in order to have any kind of life at all. To paraphrase Woody Guthrie, "You ain't gettin' nowhere in California if you don't have the dough-re-mi".

Even if one has the money, there is the geology of the state to consider as well. One can have a nice home & job, be doing very well, & then an earthquake comes along & ruins it all. Areas that are hard-hit can be depressed financially for years; destroying businesses, which have to close (especially in today's economy), which eliminates jobs; destroying homes; & lives with it. There is a saying there- "You are only one paycheck away from being homeless in California". Insurance there is notoriously slow to pay for damages if a homeowner has it, so months later, even if you still have a job once you get paid you can still be financially ruined. Few businesses pay benefits such as health care; for the most part, you're on your own. No one pays for sick days, holidays, vacations or overtime (unless the worker is in a union). If you don't work, you don't get paid.

My heart goes out to all of the homeless people. Most of them work, but just can't make enough money to live on. Homelessness is no picnic- especially if someone is camping out of doors! Year-round fleas & ticks, ferocious heat from April through October, Lyme & other diseases- you get the picture. It isn't pretty. There have been homeless people in California for forever. For the most part, homeless people are not lazy- being homeless is in itself a full-time job. Just try getting a job or limited social services without a valid address. That is not easy.

While I agree on many immigration issues, a very important thing needs to be considered- the businesses that hire illegals are mostly at fault, because illegals work cheap. The jobs they take are unbearably hard work which few people want. A good example is agriculture. A worker is paid by what they pick, & the quotas are so high that earning even minimum wage is next to impossible. Not only are these jobs back-breaking, the pesticides used on most of the farms can give people cancer or other illnesses very quickly.

California has another problem, which is often a disaster- especially for families. Prices for anything, especially gas & food, run at least 50% more if not twice as expensive than most other places in the US. I was lucky to be able to afford to eat twice a day. I usually could afford to eat once! And this was nothing special, folks- rice & beans most of the time, which I cooked myself & brown-bagged to work. I made what most of you folks out there would say was good money- but in California, after taxes, travel expenses, high utilities & rent, there is never enough $ left.

When I left, I packed my belongings into a Ryder van (I sold my car to afford one) & headed East. As I went, I met lots of nice people, usually at truck stops, who were all doing what I was doing- escaping California with its high prices & limited opportunities, to live decently elsewhere. Luckily I ended up in a place where I could afford to live off of what I made. That is getting much harder for people to do everywhere in the US now. I don't miss California at all- I've never looked back. It's a great place for a vacation, but it's too hard to live there.

Good luck to all of the people who are still out there. I wish you well.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ignant

Its is the governments of these peoples nationalities that are to blame. Mexico is so dangerous, that even president Morales is afraid to go out of his mansion. The mexican drug cartels own mexico and its people live in fear constantly. The U.S. should be down there helping secure mexico and killing off these druglords instead of giving them more weapons to terrorize the mexican people, thats part of the reason they are all jumping our borders and leeching our jobs. They want a better life for themselves and their families and if they obtain their better life by taking it from american citizens then so be it, they will do exactly that and they are doing that and they are spreading further and further up from the southern borders.

If you want mexicans to stop coming to the U.S. illegally, you make mexico safe for them to live in, kill the damn drug lords upgrade their law enforcements and military, and help them create their own industry where they can make their own goods instead of american businesses going over there because the labor is dirt cheap. When mexico can have the standard of living the U.S. has they will stop flooding our borders.
edit on 30-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

If you stop consuming their crack, marijuana, coc aine etc Then these drug lords would have no one to sell it to. It is that simple!

America is the most drug addicted nation in the world & that includes both illegal and LEGAL drugs...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Who would go TO New York City when they become homeless? You are saying that people are becoming homeless and moving to the most expensive city in the US to live? I'm skeptical.

All the best homeless shelters and dumpster diving sites are way out in the country? What do you mean the most expensive city in the world to live? What is it about being homeless you missed? It costs nothing to be homeless but in a place like NYC you can at least survive.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

These people don't look like illegal immigrants to me.

Can we actually talk about the growing homeless situation now please.

currently 1/3 (and growing) of US's prisoners, homeless, and public assistance persons are illegal mexicans.

anyways yeah lets talk about the other 2/3 that aren't illegals.

nevermind i think i said enuf for now.

edit on 29-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

LOL! these statistics fresh in from Your Imagination. if you say it, it must be real!

Where are your stats to refute that with?
Not looking for an argument, just the reality and so far only one of you actually offered something.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni

If you stop consuming their crack, marijuana, coc aine etc Then these drug lords would have no one to sell it to. It is that simple!

America is the most drug addicted nation in the world & that includes both illegal and LEGAL drugs...

Or you could end drug prohibition and castrate the cartels within a matter of weeks

Oh, and ending weapon sales to them might help too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I lived in my van for awhile when I first dropped out of the BS system. It was not so bad. Summer nights in Florida are extremely miserable. Fans helped, prior preparation would have helped more. Sometimes I miss it. Why am I wasting money on rent?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
why live in a bus...just live with your parents =D

free food..no bills..free laundry..etc..all is good

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Lived in Cali twice. Loved the mountains, but hated the cities.

I will never return to that godforsaken state until they pull their head out of their fourth point of contact. They keep electing idiots that just give them more misery.

What gluttons for punishment.

If I know something is made/grown there, I will not buy it, just the same as China.

Is there a way of kicking a state out of the union? Maybe give it back to Mexico? Because that state is a drain on the Nation.

Or maybe they can do the split state thing and leave the one side to the parasites and the other to those who actually produce something.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I do agree with you, Mr. Rex! At the time that I left that state, the state all by itself was supposedly the world's sixth largest economy. Where those statistics came from is anybody's guess! It certainly isn't any longer. The good, hard-working souls that pay taxes like us can't afford to live there any longer, so California gets left with immigrants & down-on-their-luck folks that are jobless or on assistance that don't pay taxes. The state has no one to blame but itself.

I'm glad that you could afford to escape like I did, & hope that you're doing well now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join