It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson or Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Governor Johnson, arguably the most fiscally conservative of the GOP contenders, embraces a socially open message. While such ideas may shock the Republican establishment, his platform advances a bevy of issues that appeal not only to young voters, but also to anti-war Democrats and the few remaining Goldwater conservatives. He is courageous, tolerant, and most importantly, electable.

So why is the Republican establishment ignoring him?

“I do think I am up there offering a different voice than anyone else,” said Governor Johnson, who adds: “I think I represent the majority of Republicans, but I am putting that to the test!”
populistapproach.wordpress.com... /the-only-republican-who-can-beat-obama/

Governor Gary Johnson, Ron Paul's main rival, has stated he feels he represents the majority of those in the GOP. Any opinions?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

I don't disagree with him, but he is going to need to spend A LOT MORE MONEY!!

He did great at the Florida Debate, his policies seem to be in the right place, and he is a likable guy. He could easily be a mainstream candidate, but most people just haven't heard of him. If he gets some major fundraising dollars and visibility to the mainstream, then he has a shot.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ron Paul.

Gary Johnson isn't even comparable.......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
LOL. Like the GOP will let either of them get the nomination. They already know who's getting the nod. The debates and illusion of choice is just a dog and pony show.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Having actually spoken with both of them, I believe that Ron Paul is the real deal.

Johnson and Paul share a Libertarian philosophy, but Paul is much more passionate and articulate: He says what he thinks, consequences be damned. Johnson on the other hand is a typical politician, couching his words and while he's speaking them he's wondering what kind of blowback he'll get.

Ron Paul all the way.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ive heard what the guy has to say and I like him thus far. The difference is, as other members have stated, he will have to spend an ass ton of money just to get his name out there. I still talk to people on a daily basis that have never heard of Ron Paul. I'm always so flabbergasted that Americans still dont know who Dr.Paul is.

So in conclusion.....Mr. Johnson may have a good platform and the right views but no one is going to vote in the presidential election for someone they've never even heard of. Sorry Gary, Rons got you beat.

top topics

join