It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future generation - psychological issues await???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Something I had observed in the past few months - young mums and dads (16-25 year olds) out with their kids and almost 90% of them are not interacting with their kids at all because they are too busy on their smartphones texting,tweeting,posting and who knows what else.
I saw a young lady the other day with twin babies - both were crying - and she ignored them for a good 5minutes because she was on her phone...I wanted go go and take her phone and throw it in the road!
What I am asking is - will we end up with a whole generation starved of love and parental attention - and angry at that when they become adults...making them far worse than the "chavs" we are subject to currently....
I think so - "technology orphans"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I can name about 7 people that I know that are parents, that should have never been allowed to be parents. Then again, 5 of them got divorced. I feel more for the kids. Maybe that's why I played with their kids every time i went over. Can't be high and drinking all the time dad. Pay attention to your kid.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

the way in which we are raised and the society/environment we are raised in have huge effects on the outcome of a child.
not to mention the use of medications thats long term effects are not known.
chemicals and raditation everywhere around us and in most products
poor air
bad food
no excersice
all this things effect a persons psychological development

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is one of the many concerns I have for the future generations. When looking at such things I really start to think that there should be a license to breed.

Come on if a couple can't even live together then why have kids? Why not get a divorce before having kids?

And if you can't take care of kids then don't have kids. There are plenty around as it is.

In my opinion If one has a kid then they must be able to take care of them, unless it is due to sudden unforeseeable circumstances such as accident or illness. If they abandon the child then all they must be made to pay all expenses of the child.

And anyone killing a child or having an abortion (with few exceptions) must no longer be allowed to have children (both parents). If you don't want a child, then don't go around conceiving one, it aint rocket science.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
No lengthy answer here. But as a single parent myself, I am apalled at some of the things that I.see.other single parents do with ill reguard to their kids.

I believe that one should take courses in common sense and test for a license to bear children. I say this because I am a father, and mothers have it way to easy squeezy in the US to ever get the point.

Kids are OUR responsibility once we create them... not financial gain, or leverage.

12th line

Plus, mine are awsome!
edit on 9/26/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There should be a LAW out there banning people having children under a certain age. I think you should APPLY to have children and fit a criteria that proves ability to understand a childs needs in time and patience.. I personally dont care how strict it is - bring it on - but overall I think people should be totally banned from having a child unless they are in a relationship of at least two years and PROVE they can provide stability and are responsible, respectful and intelligent enough to understand that a child is a LIFE and they are there to guide that child so that it has the ability to mannouvre safely all life's dangers and challenges.

I know this sounds harsh, but there are too many irresponsible 'births' in this day and age and the child always suffers and that is not fair to them.

edit on 27-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies
Elevator - you raise a point I had thought of before, but more along the lines of "you need a licence to drive a car, own a TV, go fishing, keep a pet dog, but any fool can have a child - but which is the most important?"

It would be incredibly draconian and against what free will and human rights stands for - but something needs to be done about kids having kids - and not really knowing or wanting to do anything with them.
Children need interaction - they need attention and you can see the joy they get when they receive this. They don't need to be made to feel as though they are completely irrelevant - just a burden on their parent(s) who get in the way of xbox or iPhone etc.

top topics

join