It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Ground Zero Mosque.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sharif El-Gamal often stated that his new mosque that he wanted to build, was not on Ground Zero. Yet, he applied for a (LMDC) Lower Manhattan Development Corp., Tax payer funded, multi-million dollar grant. The LMDC denied his grant on September 7th, 2011. According to DNAinfo, “ Park51's request for funding sparked controversy among those who did not want to see an Islamic center so close to the site of the 9/11 attacks. It appears that Park51 did not meet the eligibility requirements because the organization has not yet received its nonprofit certification.”
www.dnainfo.com...
States Pam Geller,” The LMDC knew the firestorm that would ensue if they went against the will of the overwhelming majority opposed to this 15-story middle finger to America.”
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...
No statement as of yet from Greg Gutfeld about his plans to build a Gay Bar, next door.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I just saw something on facebook yesterday I haven't had time to check yet but the link said even though the place is now being called a Cultural Center, part of it will not be open to the public, Friday call to prayer will take place there, AND it will be Sharia compliant.

It was on a url I never heard of before but I just haven't gone to do the checking yet

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
I just saw something on facebook yesterday I haven't had time to check yet but the link said even though the place is now being called a Cultural Center, part of it will not be open to the public, Friday call to prayer will take place there, AND it will be Sharia compliant.
It was on a url I never heard of before but I just haven't gone to do the checking yet

Sharif El-Gamal states in his book, “ Islam:a sacred Law” page 58,” And since a Shari'ah is understood as a law with God at its center, it is not possible in principle to limit the Shari'ah to some aspects of human life and leave out others."
Since I am a Christian or a Kafir, under shari'ah law, I am an infidel. Therefor subject to being beheaded.
Women who bear too many girls are subject to this (
), " ....a recent poll of WISE’s [an organization Khan founded] members on the subject of female genital cutting [clitorectomy] was announced. The question was, “Is cutting harmful to women?” Khan was standing when she heard that four women had responded no.
“Who are those four?” Khan asked sharply, and then, seeing the discomfort on several women’s faces, she smiled, rolled her eyes and shrugged."
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...
Ouch!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Citing Pamela Geller on anything related to islam, is like asking the Spanish inquisition to put in a good word for heathens. Hell will be turned into a ski resort before that happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roboe

Citing Pamela Geller on anything related to islam, is like asking the Spanish inquisition to put in a good word for heathens. Hell will be turned into a ski resort before that happens.

Why is this so? Has she ever been found guilty of liable or slander?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is a horrible thing for America, and what it stands for!

Since when could a government or legal system stop a law-biding citizen from building a "community center" where ever they so choose?

Moreover, when did we stop fighting for our rights and let mob rule dictate "freedom of religion" just because of the symbolism of the WTC area?

In the words of George Carlin:

I leave symbols to the symbol-minded!

We must take concern in our freedoms, first and foremost. Even when we may be offended, preservation of freedom is much more important.
edit on 12-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add content

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

whats your problem, muslims died on 911 too and do you even think the muslims did it... I would not look any further than your own government...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

because she is a right wing extremist nut job. the lady has way too much time on her hands.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
This is a horrible thing for America, and what it stands for!

Since when could a government or legal system stop a law-biding citizen from building a "community center" where ever they so choose?

City Council's all over the U S stop corporations or people from building something they deem inappropriate all the time. As for Law abiding, read this. Links are provided.
From Zimbio, "RALEIGH -- A prominent member of the Muslim community who worked to better relations with law enforcement agencies was arrested Wednesday and charged with exporting computer equipment to Libya without a license.
Mohammed "Moe" El-Gamal of Raleigh, the president of the Muslim American Public Affairs Council, appeared Thursday before a federal judge who agreed to release him on $1 million bail before his trial. El-Gamal, an Egyptian native who immigrated to Canada in 1978."

www.newsobserver.com...

And then there is this from Bill Warner's site, "
EXCLUSIVE Sammy El-Gamal, Ground Zero Mosque Developer, Arrested in Tampa Fl on Shoplifting Charge See His Booking Photo. In 2000, Sammy M. El-Gamal one of the Directors of SOHO Properties the developer of the Ground Zero Mosque, was arrested for shoplifting in Tampa Fl he had been working as a waiter for Mis En Place restaurant in Tampa.
Sammy El Gamal, a partner in the firm that purchased the former Burlington Coat Factory at 45 Park Place and one of four directors of a nonprofit created to build the mosque, owes the state $22,400 in taxes. State records show three warrants issued to him, including a $19,895 bill in 2007. Asked about the taxes, he said, “I don’t think that it concerns you. Have a nice day.” Sammy El Gamal is among the directors listed on an application to the state Attorney General’s Office to create a charitable organization that would build and run the Islamic cultural center.
Also on the board is Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and the three directors — including El Gamal’s older brother, Sharif — of Soho Properties, which paid $4.85 million for the Park Place site slated to house the center.
The NY Post reported Sunday that Soho Properties is in arrears to the city for $224,270 in property taxes on the site. And recent reports show Sharif had a string of arrests dating to the early ’90s. Sammy also had a handful of misdemeanor charges in Florida in 1999 and 2000, including petit theft and larceny."

pibillwarner.wordpress.com... booking-photo/

Moreover, when did we stop fighting for our rights and let mob rule dictate "freedom of religion" just because of the symbolism of the WTC area?

We haven't stopped. What makes you think we have stopped?

edit on 12-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I think you're missing the point.

This is not about these men, the mosque or Islam. This is about our freedom of religion, or lack thereof, and our right to do as we please, unless their exercise in religion poses a serious threat to the local community. Can you explain to me how shoplifting or tax-evasion is enough to strip that right away?

We have to be careful because once the mob-rule mentality prohibits one religion's freedoms, it is only a matter of time until it prohibits all freedom to all religion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This mosque wasn't even called Ground Zero Mosque by the people building it. It was called that by the people propagandizing their stupid idealogical homophobic thoughts. And when you use this term yourself, you're putting yourself in the same category of said people.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
This mosque wasn't even called Ground Zero Mosque by the people building it. It was called that by the people propagandizing their stupid idealogical(sic) homophobic thoughts. And when you use this term yourself, you're putting yourself in the same category of said people.

Just stop being a hater. OK?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The way I see it this issue is NOT as simple as religious freedom. For starters WHOSE money is backing it? Already there was indication less than savory or peaceful money wants to get this building up.

Also, some say it is a Mosque, others deny this and say it's propaganda. Okay well part of this Cultural Center will be closed to the general public, Friday call to prayer WILL take place there all the same. They will also be tax exempt. So, I DO want to know, WILL it be Sharia compliant??? This issue is a deal breaker for me, if you don't know why check out Sharia law.

I think the tradition of Victory Mosques is a viable concern as well, that doesn't mean I don't think they should be disallowed from building in Manhattan, just NOT in the perimeter of the area known as Ground Zero. I feel very sorry for those who simply want to practice their religion in peace be affected by all this....but, it IS, what it is. WHAT exactly it is, certainly less than clear.

I don't think most rational people have an issue with Muslim's practicing their religion freely. But just like I don't want strip joints next to schools...... I think this specific building should be scrutinized. IF they pass the smell test fine.

That remains to be seen....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I don't hate. I simply criticize and hope the proverbial rock falls on the right head. Heh

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

whats your problem, muslims died on 911 too and do you even think the muslims did it... I would not look any further than your own government...

tax payer money to build this, that's 1 problem.

where are the atheists?

huge deal about a cross but a huge mosque, no problem.

trump should buy it and put a boutique hotel in there, instead.

new topics

top topics

join