It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people relaxing, while 9/11 is happening across the river.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I know right. My thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I skipped school and ate lunch on 9/11 while I watched the towers as I laughed. Then I went to war a few years later.

Who cares if they were drawing cartoons of it while having a waterbaloon fight?

Were they supposed to swim across the channel and fight the fires with their minds?

Some people.....

Amen, common sense to this thread. If I said is on my mind on 11/9 I'd be banned, It can wait till another day.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't know looks like they were doing what most people were doing that day just watching it happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

What is it that you think they should have done differently?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Its photoshopped....look at all the links to the pic...notice all the differences, they are all altered.

www.tineye.com...

Can you prove the original is altered in any way? Famous photo will always get a ton of spinoffs from various people / sites. By your standard every famous photo ever published is a fake.

Also I don't understand how someone says "they don't seem to care". How the hell do you tell that from the picture? Can someone be specific?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They committed the sin of not running around screaming and crying with looks of terror on their faces. They MUST be terrorists!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Also having some insight into the subject matter a photo taken at the exact moment can lie more than 1000 words. Well it doesn't lie but can give completely wrong impression.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
They committed the sin of not running around screaming and crying with looks of terror on their faces. They MUST be terrorists!

Thank you! Common sense, want to give you a snog

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hey man i'm on your side, I don't think there's anything wrong with the pic.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They're thinking..... "well there's no point turning to our MSM for answers, they're only going to lie to us as normal"

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What are they supposed to do, run around in a panic?

People deal with stress in different ways, laughter is often a tension reliever when people are uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Going into a PATRIOTIC FRENZY of course!

9/11 is so overhyped, jeez. Not everybody was affected by it and not everybody freaked out about it, OK? It's just politically correct to flip out over it if you weren't actually there.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Going into a PATRIOTIC FRENZY of course!

Yes, they should have been roaming around looking for any brown-skinned person to exact revenge upon, while chanting U-S-A, U-S-A.

After all, any vaguely Arab looking person must hate the US because of Americans' freedums and raaaghts.

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
9/11 is so overhyped, jeez. Not everybody was affected by it and not everybody freaked out about it, OK? It's just politically correct to flip out over it if you weren't actually there.

It's ridiculous.

There was wall to wall coverage of the 10th anniversary on the BBC and Sky News. I mean, what exactly was news about the commemorations yesterday ?

The attacks were of great historical significance, and terrible for all of the friends and families of the victims, but why do the rest of us have to have this gooey sentimentality rammed down our throats ?

Any senseless deaths are sad, but we need to get away from the ''grief culture'' and the professional, fake compassion which is all too prevalent at the moment, and let the families grieve in their own personal and private way, rather than create some ridiculous circus which we are supposed to be ''deeply moved'' by.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

CBC and CityTV in Canada had the audacity to try and co-opt 9/11 as a Canadian national tragedy. "26 Canadians were among the 3000 victims on September eleventh." I wonder, why should I care that less than one-millionth of my nation's population died? Why should I care about 26 nameless people just because we share a nationality? And how likely is it that those 26 were dual citizens and considered themselves as much American as Canadian?

It was just another example of This Stupid Country wanting to be America.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join