It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is, in his own way, a 9/11 truther

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In the 2008 elections, Ron Paul did not endorse the 9/11 conspiracy theories, and so for this he was called a shill, even though when asked, he said he had no intention of forcing his followers to believe the official story. However, recently on news interviews and in the debate the other night, he repeated a statement that puts him closer to the truther side as opposed to the establishment side when he said the FAA refusing to allow pilots to have guns, and forcing aircrew and passengers to "stand down" to hijackings set the stage for 9/11.

So while Ron Paul is not a "the government did it" type of truther, he is a "government is responsible for it" kind of truther. And let's face it, if you think metal melts anywhere above 1000 degrees you are a truther. Or if you think passports can't go through fire unscathed you are a truther. He also says that American basically asked to be attacked on 9/11 due to their interference in the middle east, which got the establishment neocons to foam at the mouth in 2008. Granted, Ron Paul is not a 'hard core' 'the government planned the entire operation' kind of truther, but in my book saying the government set the stage for 9/11 by not allowing pilots to have guns is more or less being a 9/11 truther. It is also unique in that I've only heard Ron Paul mention this, so he is not just someone who latches onto popular theories but rather comes to his own conclusions about issues. I am also a bit surprised the other candidates and moderators did not press him on this opinion, I guess they learned last time around.

I just thought I would point this out, of course Ron Paul will be hated on either way, for either 1) being a truther, or 2) not being a truther enough. Seems like you can't win with some people.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The fact is admitting 9/11 was an "inside job" or a "false-flag" is political suicide, for anyone. The majority of the people who believe 9/11 was done by the government are going to be voting for RP even if he doesn't speak about the contreversey of 9/11.

However, if he were to talk about it, there would be a huge number of people that WOULDN'T vote for him, for that reason alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's taboo for a presidential candidate to talk about 9/11 and it will be for a looooong time.
A little bit like in Germany, I doubt a politician would praise anything Hitler has done even if it was true.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
The fact is admitting 9/11 was an "inside job" or a "false-flag" is political suicide, for anyone. The majority of the people who believe 9/11 was done by the government are going to be voting for RP even if he doesn't speak about the contreversey of 9/11.

However, if he were to talk about it, there would be a huge number of people that WOULDN'T vote for him, for that reason alone.

True, being a truther is political suicide, but so are a lot of things. I can think of at least 6 things Ron Paul does on a daily basis that should be political suicide: 1. Rejecting Keynesianism. 2. Rejecting the American empire. 3. Respecting the Constitution. 4. Wanting nothing to do with the UN. 5. Publicly saying "we need to take out the CIA". 6. Wanting to end the drug war.

Everything Ron Paul does screams anti-establishment, so just because he doesn't wear a 9/11 was an inside job t-shirt, doesn't mean he is a shill. That's really the message of this thread, I hope I could bring that issue to attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

anywhere above 1000 degrees

You might want to change that to "below 1800 degrees" to avoid the confusion, and of course the attacks that will be launched because you had the nerve to make a typo.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
It's taboo for a presidential candidate to talk about 9/11 and it will be for a looooong time.
A little bit like in Germany, I doubt a politician would praise anything Hitler has done even if it was true.

But Ron Paul does talk about 9/11.

1. 9/11 was caused by blowback. The establishment tried to write him off as lunacy for making this comment, even though it was the CIA that said it. Not that I trust the CIA, but this would be akin to showing a Christian a passage in the bible and them still rejecting it.

2. He recently said the FAA set the stage by not allowing pilots to have guns. He is not going as far as saying the government planned 9/11, but with a statement like that, he's a tip toe away from saying it was all staged.

Sure, I'd love for him to talk about building 7 and insider trading on 9/11, but we can't have everyone acting like Alex Jones or David Icke. Plus, I'll give him time, just like with the FAA claim, he'll come up with something no one else even mentions. Ron Paul is certainly no parrot.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
He may not be a full blown "truther" but instead feels as though many polices/rules/laws/red tape dictated by the Federal government played a part in allowing these events to happen. If going by the official story, the idea that an airline pilot is armed might deter a would be hijacker with box cutters.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by filosophia

anywhere above 1000 degrees

You might want to change that to "below 1800 degrees" to avoid the confusion, and of course the attacks that will be launched because you had the nerve to make a typo.

I said:

And let's face it, if you think metal melts anywhere above 1000 degrees you are a truther.

This comes from a caller on the Alex Jones radio show saying he was a fire fighter and they told them metal melts at 1000 degrees. Maybe they were referring to Celsius since 1000 C is ~ 1800 F, but either way that is still wrong and since I didn't clarify which degree I was referring to I'll just say now it must be Celsius they are referring to, otherwise they are really off the mark. Either way, the real melting point of steel is 2750-2800 degrees F.
edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
He may not be a full blown "truther" but instead feels as though many polices/rules/laws/red tape dictated by the Federal government played a part in allowing these events to happen. If going by the official story, the idea that an airline pilot is armed might deter a would be hijacker with box cutters.

Right, he's reasoning within the official story, but still able to point out the major flaws of the official story. I'm sure if he studied building 7 he would come to the same conclusion. A we are change member asked him about it and he said he had too much on his plate to look into the conspiracy theories, which seems true, after all it must be a full time job just going after the federal reserve. Let the architects and engineers dissect the world trade center collapse if Ron Paul wants to stick with what he's good at. I just don't personally think he is a shill just because he has not discussed these issues. I'm open to argument though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

True, being a truther is political suicide, but so are a lot of things. I can think of at least 6 things Ron Paul does on a daily basis that should be political suicide: 1. Rejecting Keynesianism. 2. Rejecting the American empire. 3. Respecting the Constitution. 4. Wanting nothing to do with the UN. 5. Publicly saying "we need to take out the CIA". 6. Wanting to end the drug war.

Everything Ron Paul does screams anti-establishment, so just because he doesn't wear a 9/11 was an inside job t-shirt, doesn't mean he is a shill. That's really the message of this thread, I hope I could bring that issue to attention.

I agree completely and apologize if my post came off as an attack. I was just stating my opinion, which is why I didn't hit the reply-to.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I agree completely and apologize if my post came off as an attack. I was just stating my opinion, which is why I didn't hit the reply-to.

I didn't think it was an attack, I was just adding my comments along with your thoughts.

I sort of have a lot to say about this so I just can't keep my mouth shut

edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
One other thing that concerns me about RP is the fact that he voted for the "Bush Doctrine", which led to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and is being used for covert ops in many other sovereign nations as well.
On one hand, he hates the use of force, but he is willing to support a bill that gives untold power to the executive branch to attack those states who "harbor terrorists".
I really want to like what he has to say, but he is so hit or miss on issues that I hold dear, I can't do it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Actually there was a video from 2008 when Ron was asked about 9/11 and he said basically he has to many hot issues to deal with and he just couldn't take that on too. I don't blame him, it's just too much.
However if he gets into office that could change.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
ron paul was like obama when bush was in power, if ron paul is in power another guy will be called the true president because all the other president apart from JFK are puppets.

Ron Paul has an agenda, no matter who which(president) you vote in the same series of events will happen, its all planned.

bush was the warmonger leader
obama is the too slow to act, i plan to do this but instead we will do that kind of leader
paul will be the too quick to act kind of leader, he will establish martial law for some other reason before you even know then you'll wonder what the hell just happened

when will you americans learn

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I kinda feel sorry for Ron Paul because he carries a lot of baggage.
This baggage comes in the form of his supporters which always come across as loonies whenever they call the local talk shows.
That's the reason why he has failed to gain the respect he deserves.
Hate to make the correlation but this is kinda like Jesus.

Ghandi once said something to the effect of ,
... I don't have a problem with the teachings of Christ, but I do have a problem with his followers.

...same can be said about Paul and his followers.

new topics

top topics

join