It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina like situation developing in Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I support their civil disobedience to the curfew, as it is their right.

However, if history has taught us anything, it's dissidence is met with punishment. The National Guards presence is certainly no coincidence. I'll be sure to keep on eye on these events.
edit on 8-9-2011 by DanteMustDie because: Spelling Error

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I grew up in and around Philadelphia so I have been watching this situation as closely as I can. I have some friends who still live in PA who are posting some amazing photos from the New Hope area and other areas surrounding the Delaware river.

That being said, this is a far far cry from a Katrina like situation. Have riots started? Is there a race war going on? Are people being shot in the street? Are police shooting people trying to leave the area? Do you look out your window and see dead, bloated bodies floating down what used to be a street? Are white home owners shooting at every black person they see? Are you left stranded for 3 days wondering when help might arrive?

If not... this is NOT a Katrina like situation. I mean no offense when I say this, but thread titles like this really make me wonder if people have a full grasp of exactly what did happen down here during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. You have National Guard there now, during Hurricane Katrina they were no where to be found for about 3 days.

And no National Guard does not violate Posse Comitatus, this is what the National Guard is supposed to be used for.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thank you. I was trying to be sensitive but the initial problem with Katrina was lack of NG. And yall need to keep in mind that the NG commander is the state governor, working with your local law enforcement and local civilian officals. They are not being commanded by the US military, the President, any federal authorities, or the Illuminati. Take it up with your mayor, your sheriff, and your governor. They are the ones calling the shots.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Pennsylvania is much different that New Orleans. First off, America cares that the North East is flooding. A man I spoke with years ago in Indiana, was from New Orleans and said "Thank god that place got flooded out. New Orleans is filled with vile, sinners. All that goes on in that city is evil. There is so much corruption and darkness. It's about time they got the wrath that evil city deserves." No one will say that about PA and communities... Poor Mennonites.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I will disregard the fact that I made it perfectly clear that the damage and chaos surrounding these incidents in PA is nothing to that of what Katrina was. I perhaps should have made it more clear as to the situation I was referring to which is in the name of this forum - civil unrest.

"Katrina like situation" does not mean that I believe this to be worse or as escalated of a scale, and "developing" means that it may or may not turn out the unrest I was anticipating. With that being said, I believe we are all well aware of the scuffles and disputes that people in the flood zones of Katrina had with Nat Guard members and police when they finally did come in, and that is what I was watching for in this situation.

As it stands now, the last thing I heard about the situation was around 10:30 last night when the police intercepted the group and ordered them to disband and go home. They refused to do so and the police simply told them to move a long and left. They made no attempt to enforce it, probably because of the amount of people versus the amount of police in the town.

Now as to whether or not anything else occurred, I cannot say. But I will keep an update as to what happens and how long this lock down continues. Considering more bad whether is on its way in the shape of storms and hurricanes, I don't see much of a plausible end in sight which is what I was afraid of. We shall see.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I live in Schuylkill County.

Sorry about that.

Just kidding, I live in Berks County near Reading. We haven't had any NG troops around here yet.

You are certainly right about the gun-toting in Schuylkill County. I have attended some impromptu Class 3 shoots up there including 37mm launchers... the one place had grenade pits to use! Rumor has it that an M60 tank went among the missing from Ft. Indiantown Gap and found a home in Sch. Cnty years ago.

ETA: The presence of National Guard troops obviously does make this Katrina-like.
edit on 9-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotWalkUSA
Pennsylvania is much different that New Orleans. First off, America cares that the North East is flooding. A man I spoke with years ago in Indiana, was from New Orleans and said "Thank god that place got flooded out. New Orleans is filled with vile, sinners. All that goes on in that city is evil. There is so much corruption and darkness. It's about time they got the wrath that evil city deserves." No one will say that about PA and communities... Poor Mennonites.

Why does everyone forget that the NG had to be sent into New Orleans to liberate the city from wanna be gang-bangers that had delusions of starting their own city state?

P.S The Amish/Mennonites live more towards South/Central PA. NEPA is mostly Irish, Italian(lots of Italian), Hispanic, some Jewish and German American's.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

P.S The Amish/Mennonites live more towards South/Central PA. NEPA is mostly Irish, Italian(lots of Italian), Hispanic, some Jewish and German American's.
reply to post by korathin

True.

But don't forget all of the Eastern European descent people in the anthracite coal region. Polish, Lithuanians, Russian, and Ukrainians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join