It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barnicle, Brown twist themselvs in hypocritical knots defending Hoffa rhetoric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The staple belief of the left wing media and the Democrat party: "It's different when we (left wingers/Democrats) do it!". It is truly amazing to watch these liberal gas bags try and rationalize why its different when their guys use violent or uncivil rhetoric.

I'm actually surprised to see someone on MSNBC calling out this blatant hypocrisy, but its even more bewildering to watch Brown and Barnicle twist and spin. These are people who truly see themselves as separate from the rules and standards they set for Republicans on their Democrat party propaganda shows.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I guess the old saying is true. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
I guess the old saying is true. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

My version of that old saying is that you can lead a democrat to the truth, but you can't make them think.

Sort of rhymes and makes sense, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've just had a far out thought, which is also quite fuzzy. If there's anything to it, put it in understandable shape please.

Had the panelists (Democrats, I assume), wanted to swing Independent voters to their side, wouldn't they have condemned Hoffa's remarks? They could have said, "See, we're moderate, we're centrists." Those remarks will certainly energize the right (not a Democrat goal, I wouldn't think), so is the goal to energize the left?

Hoffa's comments seem to be intended to encourage union members to vote for Obama. Was there any doubt that they would? Or is the intent to allow for the increase of anger and vitriol peaking to some horrible conclusion?

As I said, I'm a little fuzzy here and would appreciate your help in getting set straight.

top topics

join