It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farm to Fridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
***WARNING: GRAPHIC FOOTAGE***

The following video shows acts of cruelty that are the epitome of evil. How is this so prevelent in our society, and why isn't anyone doing anything to stop it? Well, one group is trying to stop it (see below after video).

Keep in mind: just because you eat meat doesn't mean the animal has to be treated this way.

This is the 2010 compilation for Mercy For Animals:

I ran across another thread that contains videos from this group (Mercy For Animals), while I was searching for Mercy For Animals:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am not going to watch the videos, but I can guess what they show. That is one of the reasons I haven't eaten any meat in many years.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Had a bit of a look, but you can tell whats gonna be shown anyways... Point is that instead of buying meat off the big companies try getting it from a rancher or smaller business as they are much more likely to treat their animals with some dignity compared to the big guys who only care about their bottom line.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Keep in mind: just because you eat meat doesn't mean the animal has to be treated this way.

Exactly. Vegetarian of 15 plus years one of the reasons why I no longer eat meat. I advise anyone who chooses to eat meat, buy local, farm raised, etc., over factory farmed animal flesh. These eight or so big slaughter houses(which the US's smaller ones were bought out/companies merged into)need to be closed down. First way to promote this is let stores know you buy free ranged meat, demand it! and purchase it, over factory farm meat and they will supply more of your demand.
edit on 6-9-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I can't watch the video. I've seen too much cruelty to animals and just can't take it anymore. I have my own milk cow and raise my own beef. My beef cows have good lives and are happy every day of their lives. My milk cow is spoiled rotten and loves to be brushed and loved on.

I wish everyone would get more interested in the origins of their food and be willing to do something on a personal level. Even if it means just buying locally grown food. I don't sell mine, just raise what we need.

As people have moved off the farm to get away from supposed hard work they have lost knowledge of how to take care of themselves. The innocence of farm life has escaped most people. They have traded a wholesome life for one that includes depression, pharmaceutacial drugs and obesity. I don't think most people are truely happy and that is a shame.

We need to unite before it is too late to do anything about what is going on.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
I am not going to watch the videos, but I can guess what they show. That is one of the reasons I haven't eaten any meat in many years.

I don't blame you. It's the worst animal treatement video I've ever seen. Some of those practices are on par with the third reich.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I agree that turning a blind eye to this kind of torture of living, sentient creatures contributes to the negative energy/karma that drags down all of society.

I am still a meat eater, but have for years spent the extra $ to buy organic food whenever its available. I pledge to up my efforts to buy only organic and locally grown meats. This is a deeply troubling aspect of modern life that need not continue.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I agree that turning a blind eye to this kind of torture of living, sentient creatures contributes to the negative energy/karma that drags down all of society.

I am still a meat eater, but have for years spent the extra $ to buy organic food whenever its available. I pledge to up my efforts to buy only organic and locally grown meats. This is a deeply troubling aspect of modern life that need not continue.

Indeed. This first step to fixing a problem is to identify it, and I think most people are still clueless about this practice. They don't realize it until they actually see it...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The workers should be treated the way they treat the animals. Wheres the humane society in all of this?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

It is hard to imagine a person of sound mind and spirit wanting a job in one of these places. These places must attract the sort of human who is already damaged goods themselves who take out their frustrations on the helpless.

Mind you, I think the executives in charge of these businesses are probably even more deranged than the front line workers. They are ones orchestrating the madness and making the profits. They are the ones who should face charges and penalties before any other.

Some consumers don't care, but one hopes they would be in a minority if the information became more wide-spread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Watched about 20 seconds of the first video and that was enough. I am sure the swear filter would burn out if I typed what I am thinking right now.

just can't convey the feeling of sickness and sadness right now....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Animal holocaust. Sad thing is it'll never stop.

p.s. I can't watch these videos either

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
good videos of reality and what the food business really is.

if you're interested in another docu on this i would recommend Earthlings.
video.google.com...
1h35

I've seen many of these videos, in the end it's all the same and you know nothing is going to change.
Those farms and supermarkets are to powerful.
So you just have to change yourself, not by not eating meat, just by not working for them or not doing the same as those corporations, don't give them your money by shopping in supermarkets but pay a bit more in the local shops.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You are absolutely right. Everyone keeps saying that they will never change. Well that is true; except that it is we who have to change.

When we stop buying franken food, in all senses of that term, then they will have no choice but to stop making it or making it in the disgusting ways they've been.

Buy local, from small producers, and organic as much as possible. It is healthier and will probably save on health costs down the road.

join