It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"9/11 Not a Historical Turning Point" Council on Foreign Relations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.cfr.org...

I find this interesting that as recently as August of this year, Bush said 9/11 was a turning point for American life

www.cbsnews.com...

But now Richard Haass on the front page of the Council on Foreign Relations states that 9/11 was not a turning point in history. This is a rather strange thing to say just days before the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Are they trying to push the 9/11 fable out of the mainstream because the lie is falling apart?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What's this dude talking about......of course it was a turning point. We entered two wars that continue almost a decade later, and we've lost thousands of troops and spent trillions of dollars. The Patriot Act which undermined our Constitution was passed as a result of it, and you'd think that the document which frames and restricts our government being violated by our government would be a pretty big turning point....
edit on 5-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by filosophia

What's this dude talking about......of course it was a turning point. We entered two wars that continue almost a decade later, and we've lost thousands of troops and spent trillions of dollars. The Patriot Act which undermined our Constitution was passed as a result of it, and you'd think that the document which frames and restricts our government being violated by our government would be a pretty big turning point....
edit on 5-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

Right, not really sure what he's talking about and this is on the front page of CFR, and I think Richard Haass is no dime-a-day writer, he's up there in the neocon circuit, so for him to come out and say this is significant I think. It almost sounds like the neocons are tearing each other to shreds, with Cheney against Powell and Rice and Haass trying to say 9/11 was nothing special, which is the entire argument W. Bush uses to justify his stupidity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is a society that depends on science and technology. I wonder how much the stupid politicians realize that.

911research.wtc7.net...

How much COGNITIVE DISSONANCE has 9/11 created among the sci/tech geeks? There is a curious aspect to this. There is a certain percentage who want science to be mysterious and just want to be believed when they talk nonsense. So they will go along with whatever bullsh#. But there are also those who think simple science should be understood by the majority of people.

9/11 is a scientific farce. People who say that airliners could do that are either morons or liars. They need to focus attention on what they CLAIM as a WEAK POINT like the connections of the floors to the columns. But those connections were the same all of the way down the buildings. The same at the 10th floor as at the 100th. But how much weight did the 10th LEVEL have to support compared to the 100th? The difference was in the columns and the horizontal beams connecting the columns. But they avoid talking about that. Oops, the Laws of Physics don't care. The whole thing must be evaluated.

So what does this say about the PHYSICS PROFESSION that they don't talk about the distribution of steel down the buildings? Not even Steven Jones and David Chandler. Making problems look simple does not help people appear really smart. Of course the easier the problem is to understand the dumber some people will look for not having solved it in 2002. 10,000 pages that can't specify the tons of steel and tons of concrete that were on every level.

This business is too ridiculous.

The Piltdown Man incident of the 21st century but Far Bigger. The United States should be laughed at for the next 1000 years. The Laws of Physics don't care about nationalism or politics. This shows how dumb politicians are and that they want the populous to be even dumber.

psik

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Cfr is saying it's not historically significant because another 911 has not happened we know why but what about fort hood and the wars it is ridiculous to say it wasn't a turning point but for them to say it is strange more so.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It was a turning point in the history of the entire population of this planet and no foolish individual attempting to poo poo that fact is going to get an iota of agreement.

It was the moment in which it was proved beyond a doubt that a few dedicated persons (whoever they may be) intent on causing maximum damage anywhere in the world from anywhere in the world [may succeed] with a modicum of careful planning.

On September 11, 2001, humanity learned the negative side of the old phrase "It's a small world".

edit on 5/9/11 by masqua because: clarity

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As for the future, it is much more likely to be defined by the United States' need to put its economic house in order;

And why is the United States economic house not in order?
$1,000,000,000,000 spent on the global war on terror somehow is not part of the issue?

Americans have been complaining about the CFR since the 1970's.
Had we known that it was filled with such intellectual giants we would have had them all sent off to special schools to help "normalize" them in to society.

Yeah, this reads to me as - "9/11? fugetaboudit!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It is and would be wrong to make opposition to terrorism the centerpiece of what responsible governments do in the world.

www.cfr.org...

Well, I couldn't agree more, but I can't help but remember that the neocons were the ones to push for terrorism as the centerpiece of government which is why the patriot act was so necessary, now the same neocons are saying terrorism isn't the centerpiece? Something is very strange here. Desperately trying to push the issue aside and focus instead of other things.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have only seen Ron Paul state that the 9/11 Commission concluded that the USA brought on the terrorists by way of its NWO activities. I know Ron received a lot of instant vile hatred for this. Does anyone know on what page this is stated? I just downloaded the document.

I've also just learned about The Council On Foreign Relations. It appears to be an instrument of the NWO.

new topics

top topics

join