It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of seven told: Your children are too fat, so you will never see them again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Fancy having social services hover over you while you're eating at the dinner table?

..... it would of probably put me off my dinner.

It should never of gotten to that stage .

edit on 4-9-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Whats that got to do with these obese children, yes people will be considered overweight when they are healthy like rugby players but thats clearly not the case here, they are just fat.

Its obvious the authorities could tell the difference but you cannot, are you telling me all of them are just muscular?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Diamonquecharm

I think your suggestions are excellent! Here is what I suggest...treat the whole family.....counseling.... teach them about good nutrition, they can exercise together, make healthy meals together etc.

Instead of taking such a drastic action as removing them from their parents....instead.. help the whole family to improve themselves..and keep the family together.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Pervius

What a bunch of nonsense. Dioxins find there way into fat, but then so does most things. As it stands, dioxin levels in humans the environment are actually on the decrease since the 1970's. Why then has obesity only been a problem in the past 20 years, if that?

Also, there is no Government of England and even if there was, why would they be liable?

Personally I think with the children it has more to do with the fact that they spend most of the time on the computer on the phone ,TV and in their rooms. When i was a kid we spent all over our free time playing outside games.

I would also like to point out, that I controlled my children s diet and exercise all through their growing years, and yes they were never overweight and today they both are daily runners and so are their spouses BUT I knew people who did the same and their kids became overweight as soon as they left home and some were overweight while at home.
I think my insistence on physical exercise and outside play was more responsible then the food for their normal weight throughout life.
I also think obesity is only SEEN as more of a problem no not that it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Says who? You? Better a fat kid with a loving family than a skinny kid that is beaten by his father who's on drugs.

What ya think? Not to mention the history of the people running the ``social services`` being a bunch of pedophiles... where is this kid gonna end up? In a government facility where he will have no family? In a family where he will be abused? In a family where he will be ignored?

Destroying a family because some holier-than-thou think everyone should be 100% fit all the time is some uber BS...

Hell is paved with good intentions, remember that, CONTROL FREAKS.

Id rather a fit kid who's mother and father both loved and cherished him.I haven't looked at the source yet but chances are those kids are not being taken because their 95% fit and not hitting 100 all the time...., chances are they are EXTREMELY obese if not, i sympathize but if the children's health are at risk id rather them live than die young due to parents that are oblivious.

Nvm i take that back, I looked at the source and it seems those kids aren't obese enough to be removed in my own opinion, guess it just shows how fked up the world is
edit on 4-9-2011 by GasMaskz because: I had a change of Opinion

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Don't see what the problem is here. The kids were a little over weight and so what?

Trying to control what people eat now days? Oh my, it's clearly not child abuse as the kid is not being forced to eat, obviously if the kid was being forced to eat and did not want to eat, I would say it is child abuse.

But is this the case?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

hurray! it's about time something was done for children with ignorant and stupid parents. hopefully this is just the beginning of a new age. i hope this catches on in America as well.

children are a precious and wonderful gift and they should be handled with care.

i don't know about the UK. i know that in America one needs a license to cut hair, to sell real estate, to operate a motor vehicle on public roadways, etcetera. but we let anyone reproduce unchecked. as a result we have a country filled with white trash and neighborhoods where too many minority children don't live to see their 21st birthday.

it's gone on for far too long. having babies and being a capable parent are two very different things. if people aren't willing and able to raise their children properly they don't deserve the privilege.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

This is disgusting!

This is starsi britain where your kids can be taken off you if they get fat

I thought we lived in a free country??

I know obesity is not good and helping people get to a healthy weight is good but you do not take kids away from a loving home and get them adopted out!!

This social services dept has gone way too far and cant understand why we are putting up with this.

What next?

Put up with this and your children could be next

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

U would be surprised to know what they are doing in Norway... They can take your kids only because your neighbour complained that u are too rude to them(No physical force involved). That is how western "democracy" works. Let them try to come to take my kids.... i am sure they will need more than Delta squad that arrested A.A: Brevik....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can drop a few pounds, not fat but not skinny........what the # is this ? If the kid was 300kilos or something.....there was a 661 pound kid that lived across from me; he was like 13 or 14. I know for a fact CPS took him away.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

"White trash?" :/

Anyway, I will agree with what you say but taking a child away from the parents just for being a little over weight is ridiculous, a child is a child and will always will be a child, what will taking the child away from their parents do to help their weight? they could get put with a worse family and children love all the sweet things etc, won't always be there to slap their hands away from what they want.

How about just supporting the family and help the parents become more responsible. taking them away is too far, I have a cousin who got seperated by her parents(adopted cousin) and she's never recovered from it. It's not fair on the child or the parents.

Just a thought, what if the child is happy how they are? Going to take away what they love and then their happiness?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Soooooo
What law(s) are the family breaking that allow the Dundee social workers to remove the children from their custody?
What other families are being affected by said law?
And what are they doing to help the kids who are living in the homes of smokers? I'd be more concerned about that.
Further, what might the govt be trying to accomplish? What reasons are cited for establishing said law?

Not saying that it's proper for a govt to take the kids away from unhealthy home life situations, but this is a bit shocking and seems extreme. If they are breaking a specific law then there must be other families who are coping with this and I"m curious what those circumstances are.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

wow. Those are the "obese" kids that need to be seperated from their parents to be saved from what exactly?
Apart from the 2 kids on the left nearest a parent who are overweight (and probably classed as obese) I don't even think the other kids are overweight!?!? Not that this is still any excuse just trying to point out the lunacy.
Crazy world. How about instead of spending thousands of pounds implementing this - they give this family a bit of help. Perhaps free family membership to the local gym, perhaps someone can come in and show them how easy it is to eat fresh (fresh chicken, veggies and fruit are so cheap from local markets)
I don't know? Something rather than this dictatorship style stance of removing kids because they are overweight.
How about making sure things like Baby P don't happen by properly identifying actual child abuse when the opportunity arises rather than wasting time like this

This is a very upsetting quote

Speaking through tears, their 15-year-old daughter said: ‘The social workers should hang their heads in shame. A person’s weight is their own business and only we can do anything about it, not them. My parents are good people and they love us all. The four little ones don’t know what is about to happen to them.’

Truly awful. I think it is safe to say that in all truth having gotten a lot of public awareness, and the fact that this is a complete breach of human rights and will no doubt be appealed (annoyingly at the cost of the taxpayer, so the social services are just costing more money by trying to force this ridiculous case through.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Stop making your kids fat! It sucks to be a 40 year old virgin thats going to die of a Heart Attack. Lol.
Its interesting to note that if the kids were starved, everyone would be screaming for the kids removal.
edit on 4-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

I really do think, you really need to re- read what RisenAngel777 commented on this article. She was as much against those children being taken away from thier parent as I was and still am.
edit on 4-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I know - I am agreeing with her comments.
I just replied to that post because it had the picture of the children on it....
Sorry if that wasn't clear

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Maslo

Read the OP. The State has been involved with this family for 3 years. For 2 of those years the family was living in a Big Brother House and under constant supervision. So if the kids have not lost weight while being monitored by the State for 2 years... what good does it do to keep them from their parents? Obviously even with the State's meddling, the kids are not losing weight. Does that not tell us something?

constantly supervised for 2 years by the state and still fat, and taken away. what kind of emotional trauma is this going to cause, someone mentioned anorexia, could go the other way and make them eat even more.

skinny does not automatically equal health. they just found a gene where you are skinny but get diabetes and bad heart disease.

there was a case in the usa where the child was hughly obese and the authorities thought the mom was stuffing him with boatload of food, she swore up and down she was feeding him right, kept a journal of all of it. They took him away for a month, anyway ,and he totally gained at the foster home on a strict diet they enforced.

they returned him to his mom after that. there is a simple test that can be done, breathe into a little machine and they can determine a persons metabolic rate (how many calories they actually burn in a day) if it is really low, they are going to be fat.

it is a slippery slope, where does it end. I know 2 children 1 would eat half of what was on the plate, the other would eat their whole plate and the half left on the other plate. The one who ate more was thin and the one who ate half the plate was fat.

there is a fat gene and they think there are several more. Some people are never full, they don't make enough leptin. some people eat everything and never gain an ounce. some people seem to gain weight really easily.
there are a few genetic diseases that make people unable to lose weight. Some people are fat as children and outgrow it later.

there are too many variables. I wonder down the road what more discoveries will be made about weight loss/weight gain.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Yes they should force them to eat things they dont want to eat, thats what keeps them healthy. I take id you dont want kids to have any vaccines or medical care too because they done like them either. How about staying home from school, they dont like that either.

Hmmm...
Thimerosal-free childhood vaccines still suspect in autism
Reports of Health Concerns Following HPV Vaccination
Case Study: Autism and Vaccines

The parents dont love their children, they made no effort to keep them, they deserve to be taken away and placed in the care of people who will do a proper job of bringing them up.

Of course

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by MrWendal

Whats that got to do with these obese children, yes people will be considered overweight when they are healthy like rugby players but thats clearly not the case here, they are just fat.

Its obvious the authorities could tell the difference but you cannot, are you telling me all of them are just muscular?

I am not saying they are all muscular. What I am saying as that everyone's body is different and there are numerous factors that go into what dictates a person's body weight.

You can call these kids fat, but what makes you think they will stay this way? The State watched over these kids for 2 years and watched every single thing they ate... yet by your own words they are still fat, so if the State could not change them after 2 years what makes you think they will be any more successful by removing them from the parents? Do you look the same way now as you did when you were 12? Probably not.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't know that they should be taken away.

At that - these parents are unethical lazy slobs who deserve multiple punches in the face, daily.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For most of our evolution the tendency to get fat was a good thing: to help avoid starvation.Children should not be brought up too unhealthy, BUT CAN WE BE SURE THEIR OBESITY WAS NOT CAUSED BY GENES, THE ARTIFICIAL ENVIRONMENT WE HAVE CREATED.
If more time was taken into creating an environment where obesity was unlikely it would not be a problem .Fast high fat food and companies around the planet designing products without the long term view as to how these things will effect our health as a whole. SHOULD THE ENVIRONMENT BE MADE MORE CHALLENGING: NO REMOTE CONTROLS ......

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join