It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of seven told: Your children are too fat, so you will never see them again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Sure kids will be kids, if it was up to them then every kid would be morbidly obese, thats why its up to the parent to teach them to eat and exercise correctly rather than feed them on junk food and let them play on the console as long as much as they want as long as they dont bother the parents.

So force the kids to eat something they really do not want? When I was a kid I didn't like eating any green food, and by green I am refering to Veggies. Sure as I got older I saw value in them, but I chose what I wanted to eat. Noone has the right to chose what I should eat especially when I was a kid, noone lives forever man, gotta enjoy life and what ever it gives you.

Im amazed anyone would condone this upbringing.

And I am amazed anyone would condone a child being taken away from their parents who loves them and have social workers grant those kids psychological trauma which is FAR WORSE than obesity.

edit on 4-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by EvanB
What about the council tax penalties too when you try and grow your own??

Say what?

What penalties are these? I am not aware of anything like that and I grow my own veg, as does my sister.

You must have not heard about monsanto, but that is offtopic but still, there are growing laws against people growing their own food. There has been threads here on ats talking about that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by EvanB
What about the council tax penalties too when you try and grow your own??

Say what?

What penalties are these? I am not aware of anything like that and I grow my own veg, as does my sister.

My local council increases council tax if you are found to have a veggy patch by council snoopers. They try and class it as a home business/urban farm.

I kid you not

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yes they should force them to eat things they dont want to eat, thats what keeps them healthy. I take id you dont want kids to have any vaccines or medical care too because they done like them either. How about staying home from school, they dont like that either.

The parents dont love their children, they made no effort to keep them, they deserve to be taken away and placed in the care of people who will do a proper job of bringing them up.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

How is it child abuse?

The parents have tried everything, if you have even bothered to read the whole article.

You tell me how is this child abuse?

Has anyone ever learned children while be like this when their younger, a large percentage loose the weight as they grow older. As what happened to my Own nephew. What would you prefer the parents do, Put thier children in straight jackets and spoon feed them?

To have a social worker stand and watch you eat is intolerable. I want other families to know what can happen once social workers become involved. We will fight them to the end to get our beloved children back.

There is your Abuse right there in that text!

How many kids are being abused, beaten and ignored, they must be a priority.

I bet the Social Workers have spent vast amounts of money on this case, it's ridiculous when it's needed elsewhere

I for one hope they win their case in court.

edit on 4-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Yes they should force them to eat things they dont want to eat, thats what keeps them healthy. I take id you dont want kids to have any vaccines or medical care too because they done like them either. How about staying home from school, they dont like that either.

You are making this waay bigger than it needs to be, but since you went there.

The parents dont love their children, they made no effort to keep them, they deserve to be taken away and placed in the care of people who will do a proper job of bringing them up.

I cannot even believe you would say such a thing. Deserve to be taken away? So are you also saying My mother doesn't love me either? Cause that is what you are implying to everyone who was chubby as a child. And again you dismissed and ignored the fact that Trauma is worse than obesity.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

No!

This is a step wayyy too far!

What next??

If we allow this, what next will we allow?

Government creeps always take a mile if given an inch.

They have got way too powerfull and if this case does not prove that then I dont know what will.

edit on 4-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The first time social workers have ever done anything right.
Good job
These kids were heading to a life of disease and health risks involved with obesity.
Hopefully the kids lose their weight in the following year

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Theres a huge difference to being chubby as a kid and being 50% overweight. Its the same as malnutrition, would you be saying the same if these kids were dangerously underweight?

No parent who loves their kids could stand to see them in that state. Theyd spend the time to make sure they ate right and got the exercise they needed if they cared about them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is completely out of order.

Aren't they supposed to take the smokers children first?

Then come after the fat kids, then come after the dumb kids, etc...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Dude...Im not even gonna quote you on that since you are basically saying the same things over and over and ignoring the words in my posts, So with that in mind, I am calling you out on being a troll/disinfo agent.

Edit: I'm out of this thread, OP nice find, I hope the family wins this case.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The only one spreading disinfo is you saying being obese isnt harmful to a kids health.

Its a parents duty to bring up a child correctly, not the childs choice.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Aren't they supposed to take the smokers children first?

hm.. if they smoke inside house with their kids present, then yes, something should be done.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Again did you even bother to read the whole Article? The parents have tried everything. So what do you want them to do?

Put their children in straight jackets and then force spoon feed them what it required for them to loose the weight? Or would you prefer another loving family being broken up?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I might have believed it if it was 1 kid out of 5 who was obese, when its all of them, its clearly the parents fault.

How about taking their console, TV and computer games away so they have to play actively?

How about not giving them any money and making sure they only eat home cooked or prepared meals? Somehow I dont think they tried that because it would include effort. They are lying.

The proof to me is that the parents are still fat, if they made healthy meals, theyd have lost weight themselves.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Okay take away their console, t.v. etc. Then you would have the Social Workers accusing them of child abuse once again. They cannot win either way.

And anyways you do not have proof they have not tried. But we shall wait and see what the courts decide shall we.

Amusing the Social Services try and destroy a loving family, when there is other families who do far worse things to their children than this family does. And they are never tackled until it is too late for the children.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

They can't do that unless you are actually running a business (deriving an income) and then, business doesn't pay council tax anyway. The only reference I can find about this on the web is a story from 2006 when there was a tax revaluation thing going on to determine the banding, where things like veggie patches and ponds would affect the house value, therefore the Tax banding.

Council tax is determined soley by banding and is a flat rate depending on the band you are in. Councils cannot charge you more simply because you have a vegetable patch.

If my council tried this, they would very soon be hearing from my Lawyer.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

In no way can that be considered child abuse.

Thats a ridiculous suggestion. Punishment/reward is a basic of child upbringing.

If they lose 2lbs/week, they can have x amount of hours a day with those items, if they dont lose the weight, they dont get the reward. Simple.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

The law is different in Scotland than it is down in England, Please check, Social Services in Scotland do not work under the same directives as their counter parts in England. If the social services down in England did, we would not have had such cases as Baby P now would we have.

And as the Chairman of child growth foundation has stated:

Tam Fry, honorary chairman of the Child Growth Foundation, said: ‘This is a disgrace. These parents have clearly attempted to comply. They have, if you like, played Dundee City Council’s game and yet they are still losing their children.’

They have complied with everything the Council has required of them, but yet they are still loosing thier kids. I only hope the Scottish Courts see sense, and fling this case out. I for one would do so.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

They clearly arent good parents. They dont deserve their kids if they are likely sending them onto a lifetime of health problems.

My friend had a fat kid, shes now 19 and still overweight by 50% and is huge.

Just curiosity, but at what point do you cease taking children away from their parents because what ever it is they are doing may cause problems later, and note I said MAY.

Do you take them away for letting children watching too much TV - also bad for the health etc, etc. How about for giving them fluoride? Or salt? Or butter? Or NON GM foods? (because GM foods are good for you Monsanto.) Just where does it stop with the nanny state?

I am adopted and I would not wish that on ANY child if it was not an absolute necessity.

edit on 4/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
So with that in mind, I am calling you out on being a troll/disinfo agent.

Why has that become the standard response for people who disagree with others? Do you imagine an army of agents employed by the Government to surf the web and support policies on random websites?

Maybe that's where our money is going, not that I have receieved my pay check for being a disinfo agent which I've been called many times before.

Originally posted by RisenAngel77 I hope the family wins this case

Apparently, the latest appeal has been dropped by the family.

If that was me, I'd never drop the case...Just saying..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join