It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidates turn attacks on each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Gov. Rick Perry is privately being coached to come across as more presidential — cautious in his comments, deliberate in defending his Texas record — while building on his fast start by trying to consolidate support across the Republican spectrum, from the Tea Party and evangelicals to the party establishment.
Former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts is steeling for a long and combative fight for the Republican nomination, dropping his front-runner’s strategy and preparing to confront Mr. Perry on immigration, his quarter-century in government and his claims of creating jobs in Texas.

Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota is working to shatter the notion that the race is becoming a two-person contest, scaling back her campaign appearances to study Mr. Perry’s spending record in Texas in an effort to raise skepticism about his candidacy among Tea Party supporters.

Let the mud slinging begin. It's about time the debates were becoming boring and as usual they leave someone out. But I can't seem to remember his name.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It's called "divide and conquer"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, definitely. Let the Hollywood scripted games begin. Because thats all they are, imho.

They're all actors doing what they do best. Deceiving and fleecing the people.

Bluemirage. Star for you sir.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The last poll I saw on (CNN? Fox?) said that Guiliani was polling higher than Paul. Is he even running?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Translation:

I'm more extreme than your ass!!!

It's a competition...who can be further to the right.

Then when the primary is won...they'll suddenly be a moderate.

It's amazing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is by no means restricted to Republicans. Remember the fight between Hillary and Obama? It's the system. And it's not a good one imo. Either party beats the crap out of each other to go against another candidate that won by beating the crap out of others. And on issues that matter little in the sense of governance. If the PTB can keep parties divided, what chance does the populous have?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Meh, that's politics. I'm pretty excited to see Romney call out Perry on his "job creation" though, I wonder how he'll respond to that. But Bachmann.....I don't really care about what she has to say. Perry being "coached" doesn't suprise me one bit.

new topics

top topics

join