It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter & flash? 2011-09-03

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well here is some fresh meat
this video is from 20 minutes ago.
Jupiter & flash? 2011-09-03 humidity 92% Time 2 : 30 Equipment Russenton / MTO11CA and filmed through 25mm eyepiece & binoviewer.

Enjoy!

The other 2 video's are from yesterday ( more for our telescope fanatics
)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Those couldn't be the moons? It's strange that you can't see the moons in the picture until that "flash". I have a poorer telescope, and Jupiter appears as a smaller speck than shown here...and I can see at least four moons around Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

No these were not the moons also no digital artifact, i did use a binoviewer ( 2 eyepieces 1 to look throug one for filming ) and saw it also in there, 10 minutes later i saw it again, very wierd but true

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I dont get what the 2nd video is about?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't see a flash? besides what looks like 2 dead pixels for 1 frame of the video

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just a glitch in the Matrix
nice vid of Jupiter though.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Those couldn't be the moons? It's strange that you can't see the moons in the picture until that "flash". I have a poorer telescope, and Jupiter appears as a smaller speck than shown here...and I can see at least four moons around Jupiter.

Way to far for them to be moons

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've been shooting night photography and videos as a hobby for a couple of years now and those are just hot pixels.

Digital chips get sometimes "flooded" with electrons when you try to grab as much light (jupiter) as possible from a dark scene (space) and you can see this as Cyan, Magenta, Yellow or Green dots in the video/photos. The longer your exposure time, the more you see these.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bEBiTOSTEEL

That's twice now in less than a week that I've heard of hot pixels explaining ufo's...is this only new to me? Seems like it could be the new 'swamp gas'

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nice capture! Had to put the video to 1080p and fullscreen for me to see what you were talking about, but i did see it. No idea what it could be, is it possible for some kind of interference on the lens of your equipment (i know it doesn't look like that but thought i'd ask anyway).

Love to here a legitimate explanation for this.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Bosb33r

Nice job buddy.

I have a "Celestron 8" and was planning on a few upgrades for photography. Since you have already ventured down this road, let me ask. What kind of camera did you use? and /or what kind would you recommend?

What type of camera mount did you use?

From what I have heard the MTO-11CA is a decent piece of glass for the price. I was impressed seeing the end product in your video. Keep up the good work. Feel free to U2U me with any additional information that you would like to share regarding equipment for astro-photography

I didn’t see the flash yet but will keep replaying it until I do. I just hope this is not a retard trap!!

S&F for the effort

PS… is the MTO a Catadioptric or a refractor? I didn’t see any coma or colored halos in your videos and was impressed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Heaven and Hell

www.youtube.com...

for those who ask,, who is Carl Sagan.

this might be too adult.

rating-pg18.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
@Idonthaveabeard
Its a stellarium like program for the ipod/phone or ipad only better!

@nyancat & bEBiTOSTEEL
i know were you are talking about but i did see it in both ways naked eye twice and when filming, i did use a binoviewer ( binocular for telescope ) i see this kind of things more through my telescope, only never catched on camera.

@BioSafe
Haha no this is not a retard trap

This video was made with a cheap casio camera, filming through the eyepiece ( eyepiece projection ) the MTO is a maksutov
for more information what kind of equipment i use look on my Youtube channel (telescopes)
you will find all your answers over there

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Pretty cool wonder what it was?

top topics

join