It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Nothing boosts an already great day out at the funpark like a violent outburst of religious zealotry. This time it's christianity's spoiled brat offspring, islam, next time it's the Westboro Baptists defiling the funerals of soldiers and homosexuals, or Catholic priests raping babies, or elderly Palestinian women being beaten by Israeli soldiers, Hindus killing Seeks, even Ashkenazi subjugating Sephardi.

It's all evil madness. If the people in question hers were not so caught up in islam they could have enjoyed their day out and so could everyone else.

Religion is really a veiled form of vanity, the worst sin of all, the pedestal upon which all other corruption sits.Religious people invariably believe that theirs is the only true faith.
They believe they are immortal.They believe in an exclusive paradise to which they are certain of passage.Many believe in a polar opposite to heaven, where dissenters and enemies will go to suffer.
When they narrowly escape death while many others don't, they put it down to their god. despite knowing that many of the fallen followed the same god.

Religion----- the perfect excuse for behaving like a complete A-hole

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They're absolutely right. It did happen because they're Muslims...because the Muslims were the only ones involved in a mini-riot and attacking people just because they couldn't ride some rollercoasters. I don't know about in the UK, but you can't wear headgear on rollercoasters in the U.S. for safety reasons.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

No it didn't.

They were warned and informed of the park's safety rules beforehand. Multiple times.
The park anticipated this being an issue prior to the day.
The Muslim park customers knew full well the rules and they didn't comply. Why not just remove the garment and ride the ride like everyone else?

This has nothing to do with being Muslim amd everything to do with breaking rules.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

I get slightly paranoid about going on rides with my long hair, never mind having something else to get trapped in the works.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

AKA My point about it happening because the Muslims were the only ones breaking out into a mini-riot. Muslims who want to be accepted into mainstream society are given a really bad name by people like this.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

im not saying people didnt make stupid ignorant statements in the replies, i was referring to the thread itself.

the muslims were the in the wrong in this situation, and seem to be playing this up to their own PC ends.

"its not headgear, its MY RELIGION"

yeah, tell that to the chick that got killed by the go-kart when her garb got caught in the axle. it's the park's property, they have every right to regulate what is safe to wear on a roller-coaster and protect themselves from litigation.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
For a Muslim woman who is used to being covered, removing the headscarf is exactly the same as removing your underwear.

The park people could have asked them to tie the lose ends of their scarfs to their necks or something, for safety's sake.

But nowadays people just chose the wrong things to say and do, this probably goes for the Muslims as well.

Lack of tact is what I call it.

Edit: this comes from a Muslim woman who had to remove her headscarf in college in Turkey because the government thought it was against their idea of 'secularism'. Does anyone remember that?
edit on 1-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
wow they hot ill from being told to remove the head scarves i wonder how they would have behaved if they rode the ride and scarves gpt caught on something and removed their heads?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds

Belligerent and entitled enough to endanger others on religious grounds? Empirically, yes.

Stupid enough to get smacked in the head(scarf) by a moving roller coaster? Empirically, we can't say yes.

Self-interest explains why the first is a yes while the second is probably a no.

It bothers me tremendously that more than one person speaking for the Muslim park guests immediately ran to "This happened because we are Muslim." No, it happened because they wanted to break safety rules which they were informed of in advance, and then got belligerent about it on the scene.

(Taking the article's accuracy on nothing more than faith here. And we know how dicey faith-based "knowledge" can be...)

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Amen. please listen to this voice of reason.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I'll tell you whats ignorant......

rednecks don't try going on these rides wearing head scarves, Muslims do

I'm assuming you're either Muslim or their greatest left wing liberal supporter

Get some common sense will ya!

Those Muslim head scarves are DANGEROUS on certain rides.....READ the bloody article and listen to the video clearly, you might learn something!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

It's not up to the Park people to tell anyone how to tie their head scarves......get over it; remove it or don't ride!

Good for Turkey, now finally the women will receive some vitamin D from the natural sun rays and their babies will be born a whole lot healthier!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

no, can't say i remember.

did you take off your underwear?

don't forget you are talking to infidels .

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This goes a long way to add to the validation that being religious is a form of mental illness. What sort of kick do muslim women get in taking rides in fun parks? In" authentic" islam women stay at home throughout their life not to speak of coming to mingle with infidels. A few times I have been sent home when I go to some public swimming pools. Reason: today is for muslim women only. These women who probably are tousists from the middle east are those who are bored at home. These women must be experiencing hell on earth doing nothing at home 24 hours just living for the pleasure of their men.

I have heard of arguments many a time that the hijab should be voluntary for women. But what will spurn a woman to cover her face the whole time? Well the only reason is the same way people wear dark goggles. This anonymity sheds them from shyness or they dont want their dark habits like doing drugs revealed. Who doesnt like to see everybody while being in a masquerade's costume while no one has a chance to through a piercing glance at you?

Just like the swimming pool experience, the only solution is to have an all muslim fun park managed by only muslims. If any woman gets strangled by her headscarf, there should be no cause for alarm. Thats is the way Allah wants it.
edit on 1-9-2011 by pro-all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I say, don't like the rules.....LEAVE!!!

Or, maybe you all could start your own amusement park and you can wear whatever the #$#@ you want. You could even put up a sign that says 'Muslim's Only, Please!' And, have rides like, the Roller Coaster to Virginville, and The Tunnel of Destruction. How about instead of KiddyLand, you have Strap a Bomb Land. and etc....

Just STFU already. Everyone knows there are safety rules that we have to follow so no one gets hurt. Everyone 'except Muslim's in this case' follows them and they all have a wonderful time.

edit on 1-9-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Next thing you know midgets will be rioting because they are too short to ride some of the rides.

Rules are rules.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I consider it wrong of non-Islamic individuals to attempt to insist that Muslim women not wear the hijab, if it is said womens' own desire to do so, personally. I would consider it equally wrong if Islamic men attempted to force a non-Islamic woman to wear it.

The hijab/burqa can be a legitimate element of Islamic culture. I don't believe women should be forced to wear it against their will; but if a Muslim woman wants to wear it, and is not coerced by her husband to do so, then we have no right to say otherwise.

no one said she couldnt wear it, they said she couldnt wear it on the roller coaster, you dont want to take it off, dont go on the rollercoaster.

hey if im running outside with no shirt on and i stop to get a drink and the store says "no shirts no service" am i supposed to go find all my shirtless brothers and storm the place? no i put a shirt on or go somewhere else. its not like the park changed the rules on the spot to not allow muslims on the ride. Its a park policy and they didnt conform to it.

and save the "no shirt and a hijab aren't the same because one is a religious article", the same rules apply, you cannot put yourself or more importantly others in an unsafe position because of your religious beleifs

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There should be a new rule.

NO Stupid People Allowed on the Rides.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by nusnus

It's not up to the Park people to tell anyone how to tie their head scarves......get over it; remove it or don't ride!

Good for Turkey, now finally the women will receive some vitamin D from the natural sun rays and their babies will be born a whole lot healthier!!!

If you notice I didn't comment on the right or wrong of any of this. Its not my business either way.

I just got sad about the fact that it got ugly. And I believe both sides could have done something to prevent it from getting there.

Also, you're probably already prejudiced enough to completely ignore my comments, but you have no idea what its like to be forced to take off a part of your clothes because the government doesn't think its right. Wait...maybe you do. Have you been through TSA lately?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by nusnus

no, can't say i remember.

did you take off your underwear?

don't forget you are talking to infidels .

You don't get it. You can't get it. Its a very private thing for most women. I mean I've seen people cry because they couldn't handle the fact that TSA groped their hair. When your government tells you, that in order to receive education you have to take off a certain part of your clothes or change the way you look, its intrusive and unnecessary.

If the government had let the establishments, or schools determine some kind of uniform code, that would have been acceptable, but the government has no right to tell people how to dress or what to wear. Its very discouraging to a nation thats trying to move forward.

Oh and I don't consider anyone an 'infidel'. There is a famous saying in Turkish: 'You never know who has these two things: money, and faith'. So its not up to me to judge.

Edit: Those Muslims in the article look like tourists to me. Egyptian ones probably.
edit on 1-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pro-all

Just like the swimming pool experience, the only solution is to have an all muslim fun park managed by only muslims. If any woman gets strangled by her headscarf, there should be no cause for alarm. Thats is the way Allah wants it.
edit on 1-9-2011 by pro-all because: (no reason given)

How would that be a solution? safety is the bottom line here no matter who runs the park, its not about one person its about all the customers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join