It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to detect UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If no one has noticed by now, I am new to this site and have been spending a lot of time reading post. I have always had my questions but up until now, had no place to ask them and being a part of this board, new questions have come up.

Ok to my newest of questions. Alien crafts have been said to use something to do with anti-gravity. In the past, I have seen pictures of what a gravity field looks like and first I am wondering if there is some special kind of tool that can read these gravity fields on and around Earth? I am sure that there are some places on Earth that have a stronger area of a gravity field then others and if for some reason that can be shown, would there be a way to detect an anomaly that would have to show up when an alien anti-gravity unit is used inside the Earths gravitational field?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I dont mean to be an A$$, But dont u think if the US goverment knew how to find ufo's we would have a Alien Prime minister by now!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think that wouldn't be possible.

I think that because, apparently, if we (or they) should be using anti-gravity devices onboard a craft to fly it that way, the device is not altering gravity outside of the craft more than just a few inches away I believe.

I mean, someone who would be standing right under a UFO is still subject to gravity and can still stand on his feet! (unless the UFO uses its tractor beam to "beam me up Scotty!!"
)

You might want to read this thread about anti-gravity.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have read the article and one things stands out over and over again to me.

"The first thing to understand about Li's device is that it is neither an antigravity machine nor a gravitational shield," says Jonathan Campbell, a scientist at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center who has worked with Li. "It does not modify gravity, rather it produces a gravity-like field that may be either attractive or repulsive."

I in no way claim to know anything about UFO systems and am not saying that there is a difference in what is shown on that page to what may be used on an alien craft, though I do doubt that this is a form of alien technology.

What is there is not eliminating the effects of gravity but merely producing a similar but opposite effect in a particular area above the device. I would think that the device must be amplified to be able to hold a heavier mass object. Example: a 6 pound bowling ball will "float" at a higher level then a 16 pound ball when using the same amount of power to run the device.
I believe that if this device was to be placed on top of a scale and turned on that it would produce weight down onto the scale since it is using a 'like gravity' force to push against the natural gravity that is already present, thus in reality, twice the amount of force is being applied to the object that is floating.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There were several "Ufo Detectors" on the market including some homemade ones.These merely consist of a compass needle or something similar,and when a ufo is nearby it causes a huge electromagnetic disturbance,making the needle turn (or spin?) and contacting a wire to ste off an alarm. In my files I have such a kit.But being that Ufos are USUALLY invisible,do you want to jump out of bed everytime the thing goes off?
One researcher suggested obtaining a "geo-magnetic" map of your area and look for incongruities.
"Just try to find one!" 2IC

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PanzerDiv
I dont mean to be an A$$, But dont u think if the US goverment knew how to find ufo's we would have a Alien Prime minister by now!

Why are you so sure about that the Prime Minister is not an alien?!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
There were several "Ufo Detectors" on the market including some homemade ones.These merely consist of a compass needle or something similar,and when a ufo is nearby it causes a huge electromagnetic disturbance,making the needle turn (or spin?) and contacting a wire to ste off an alarm. In my files I have such a kit.But being that Ufos are USUALLY invisible,do you want to jump out of bed everytime the thing goes off?
One researcher suggested obtaining a "geo-magnetic" map of your area and look for incongruities.
"Just try to find one!" 2IC

They are only invisible to the human mind when you look at it. Looking through a video camera or TV, it is visible... When you take a photo or video, it is also visible on the film. If you look at it from a very long distance with binoculars, you can also see them. I am not sure, if it is possible to wear a metallic cap to bounce back the brain disturbing wawes they produce, so they will become visible to you...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PanzerDiv

Who would have an alien Prime Minister?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
(...)
I am not sure, if it is possible to wear a metallic cap to bounce back the brain disturbing wawes they produce, so they will become visible to you...

Kind of a helmet then...

You mean... that kind of things?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Kind of a helmet then...

You mean... that kind of things?

That helmet is a beaut
! I have to get one - I wonder if they make them in red?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems no one has mentioned infa red. You could use a cheap night vision scope, or better yet a digital movie camera set to low light mode to detect all sorts of UFO�s theirs and ours. If I remember right that Mexican awacks plane that reported seeing numerous objects around the plane, did so by using their flir or night vision equipment.
Just something to think about.

top topics

join