It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is Sarah Palin doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I, like many other Alaskans, pretty much loathe Sarah Palin for a variety of reasons but her recent activities perplex me..

Now she's on a national "bus tour" but she hasn't announced she's running. Then she shows up in Iowa to apparently steel media attention for no apparent reason.

As if the country really needs or cares about Sarah Palin coming to Iowa.

This seems to me more like a beg for attention and a statement to the Republican Party that she's still loyal.. Almost like a beg for appointment to some high office in the case a Repub does win the presidency (Vice President? Elsewhere?).

Am I alone in seeing her "showing up" in Iowa as some kind of sad beg for some kind of future appointment to office?

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
As long as she's in the the media eye, I don't care. She's dumb as a post but super easy on the eyes!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the poor lady; Sarah Palin is pretty much at the point of looking both silly and somewhat pathetic. it appears the lady never met a spotlight she didn't like. she looks like the prom queen from 10 years ago who keeps showing up at the high school gym wondering if she can still turn the boys heads. on a serious note; I think she needs to feel vital ~ she has a messiah complex; she probably believes it is her calling to lead / advise the American people. she should take that bus of hers and donate it to that home makeover show ~~~ at least she would have finally done something worthwhile. she may even gain some respect in the process.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Palin is just a media whore. She has to keep her face in the news so idiots will actually pay her to preach her nonsense.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Didn't she have a 70% approval rating when she was governor? How does that translate to,
"I, like many other Alaskans, hate her" ?

edit on 14-8-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Making money, and keeping as far away from her creepy family as she can?

Just an idea, besides, I wouldn't mind touring the USA in a luxury bus for free...besides the money the idiots choose to continue to give, and a possible well-paid job in a couple of years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Of Course she is running. She is running for V.p. first and foremost and failing that, a choice in Cabinet positions. I seriously doubt she's doing all this work just for the good of the 'people' and her sense of duty. lol... I like her, but I won't even consider her noble or righteous. I'm just cynical on anything close to national political office these days.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not thats about right. Not POTUS but No2 and TPTB are behind this!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you're right. She's lurking and hoping someone will pick her up as a vp. After her last showing, though, good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

She's being unconventional. I expect an october surprise.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Palin will have a huge say in the upcoming elections.

Even though Obama has proved himself incapable of leading, he still has blind and ignorant supporters, and he is the incumbent.

It will take a team effort to beat the man-child, and his willing accomplices in the media.

Glad Palin is on the team!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Didn't she have a 70% approval rating when she was governor? How does that translate to,
"I, like many other Alaskans, hate her" ?

edit on 14-8-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

Palin's approval rating while governor wasn't the problem. When she was governor everyone loved her up here. People used to have bumper stickers "Coldest State, Hottest Governor".

Alot of Alaskans take issue with the way she just bolted from office one day.

Alot of folks expected her to be running for president in 2012 too.

Now she sais she isn't running but she shows up in Iowa for media attention. She's obviously looking for some kind of political spotlight in an effort to somehow legitimize her Republican following.

The only possible reason for her even showing up in Iowa would be to say "OK, Here I am. Pick me for Vice Pres please!". Something along those lines. That, to me, is just absolutely pathetic.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think Ron Paul would do well to pick her up if it seems Romney or Perry become front runners. He will obviously need the help of the Tea Party at that point. If Romney and Perry join the same ticket however they will be the republican pick.

Bachmann will be out once people actually start focusing on her and looking at how crazy she actually is meaning that the Tea Party will abandon her and flock towards whatever ticket Palin is on. If Palin was smart she would push for a cabinet position to gain some experience, similar to what Hillary is doing.

Hillary will be unbeatable in 2016 I have a feeling and Palin could learn by her example.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Maybe there was a silent invitation for Palin to attend Iowa because she is already on a team. The question is who's? This maybe a surprise for all! Could it end up being 2 women running as a team for No1 & No2? My that would stir up the pot and the populas and scoop the female vote (maybe). TPTB have already decided who the next POTUS will be and maybe like Obama was a surprise so maybe the next POTUS could be if its not Obama, either way TPTB will have their way!!

Ponder this......!!!

top topics

join