It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the Riots We should really check this out!! MUST READ!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, i came across this well written letter which should in my opinion be sent to number 10 Downing Street just to remind Cameron of what its like to accuse someone of something... what is in this letter is true to the core and total Hypocracy!!

nathanieltapley.com...

here is a little snippet from this letter (i can't copy and paste it all here according to ATS rules)

Michael Gove, whose wet-lipped rage was palpable on Newsnight last night. This is the Michael Gove who confused one of his houses with another of his houses in order to avail himself of £7,000 of the taxpayers’ money to which he was not entitled (or £13,000, depending on which house you think was which).

Or Hazel Blears, who was interviewed in full bristling peahen mode for almost all of last night. She once forgot which house she lived in, and benefited to the tune of £18,000. At the time she said it would take her reputation years to recover. Unfortunately not.

But, of course, this is different. This is just understandable confusion over the rules of how many houses you are meant to have as an MP. This doesn’t show the naked greed of people stealing plasma tellies

What i say is please look at yourselves first before charging and sentencing all who were involved in these riots!!

What's the saying 'Preach what you teach' or something like that....

edit on 11-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What i say is please look at yourselves first before charging and sentencing all who were involved in these riots!!

So the rioters should be let go?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I'm not saying they should be let go but what i'm saying is the Government should look at their own behaviour first...

I thought the Government were people to look up to....

You can't preach one thing and then do the opposite yourself....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yep...I just made that point on another thread here about a daily mail lady on the high road against the ferals .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And then you have the police who get paid from newspapers for information , and are corrupt themselves.
The corrupt Banking system,

The whole system is corrupted, right to the core, its all bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I completely AGREE with the sentiment of your thread................ The MP's are out on the streets trying to appear all 'high and mighty' and yet it is because of the low standars set by them and to be honest ALL OF US that frustrations in society boil over.......

I am NOT SUGGESTING for one minute that punishments are weak and the Looters are let off BUT I do think that most of the western world desire for Consumerism and worshipp of the $ or £ is also the main cause of the divide in our societies..

One further point is this......WHY do the courts currently processing the 'looters' get each and every one to write down ''why they did it''' along with their names..........that surely is a start to understanding the root causes here..........

I have already been in touch with tptb about this as a way of ''understanding'' what has happened !!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Those in parliament who have abused the system need removing, and could have been in the last election, but that doesn’t take away anything from their criticism of the looters.

We shouldn’t dismiss the response from government and the police just because some of them are hypocrites, I don’t think that serves anyone.

And just to point out that it isn’t the whole system that is rotten, for example the last election returned 233 new MPs completely untarnished by the expenses scandal and of those who remained not all were tarnished in the first place.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Who are you?

David Cameron????

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Damn right!
Call the rioters thugs all you want, they probably are, but that doesn't change the fact that there are REASONS behind their poorly thought through actions.

How else are the terminally poor gonna get all the shinies that society holds so dear?
give them hope for the future and they wont steal your precious shinies.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I’m just concerned that this sentiment is a short step from objecting to any government/police/media response on the grounds of past conduct rather than the validity of that response.

top topics

join