It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apacheman down in flames, casualty of the economy, signing off

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Posting from a FedEx rent-a-comp.

You guys have made me cry.

Much, much thanks to all my fellow ATS'ers.

Nearly done moving our stuff out into storage, several days late, much to the annoyance of our landlady.

I'm exhausted, but game, running on about 3 hours sleep a night for the past week, but another day will see us out, then I can find a place to sleep for bit and recover, and think about the next steps.

For those who are wondering, my brother does get disability and MediCal, but no food stamps, etc. Our income just wasn't sufficient to maintain after we lost our roomies (business they worked for was sold without much warning and they lost their jobs) and the landlady insisted on a no-roomies policy. We were stuck in the conundrum of having to pay too much for rent, but never getting far enough ahead to afford to move, instead slipping further and further behind. We moved in with a bigger family and better jobs. Now our problem is that we've lacked the reserves to pay both rent and deposits for a new place (rents are high here in San Diego), while paying for the help to move. After 14 years in one spot, you accumulate a lot of stuff. We've sold or given away a lot, but still have a lot that needs stored.

Again, our thanks for your support and generosity, every little bit helps.

But more than the cash, which I never expected, the words of strength and caring strengthen my spirit and give me renewed faith and hope in all of us. We will all of us survive, grow stronger, and better, all of us as long as we care for each other as you have shown, no matter how tough times get.

ATS, you are the best!!

I can't begin to thank you enough.

When we get settled again, I will find a way to show our appreciation to you all.

One thing I can and will do is share with you all as soon as I can a book of sort of poetry I wrote a long time ago when memories of Vietnam overwhelmed me. I sat near a waterfall and bawled my eyes out and wrote them down,and have very rarely shared any of it as being too personal.

I called it Memorystones,

Like kidneystones, but in the mind and far harder to pass.

here's one:

The Sniper's Tale/The Sniper's Other Story

'I tracked them

for a week'

(he removed the bolt
and disassembled it)

'they had just started

cooking lunch.'

(the stock, trigger, and barrel
joined the bolt)

'I waited until they

finished eating

and had lit up.'

(the rifle was whole again)

'Then I killed them.

Middle one first.'

(the bolt was neatly laid out
again)

'I think the last one

was surprised.'

(stock, trigger, and barrel)

'It was some sort of

training camp.'

(he cleaned and oiled
all the parts)

'I was on a hill

overlooking the audience

and stage'

(he worked the bolt of
reassembled rifle)

'It was some kind of

political indoctrination

class.'

(it was all in pieces
neatly)

'He was making a bombastic

gesture

at the top of his lungs

when I killed him.'

(whole again)

'I like a kill like that.

It terrorizes the troops.'

(in pieces, neat)

'It took me three days

to get clear

though.'

(the firing pin snicked

softly)

'This is my third

voluntary tour.'

(the hands paused in
mid-movement)

'Sometimes I wonder what

I'll do

when the war is

over.'

(the rifle was in pieces again.

very neatly.)

Again, our heartfelt thanks.

I have to go now, but I'll try to get on again tomorrow or the next day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Apacheman, I put $5.00 on [email protected]. Hope you and your brother find peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

"Show me the contract" is a great idea. I wish my family had known about that a few years ago & we would have gave it a shot. I'm going to keep those articles for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallamile
reply to post by Lightrule

"Show me the contract" is a great idea. I wish my family had known about that a few years ago & we would have gave it a shot. I'm going to keep those articles for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure! Those links to be honest were just two quick ones that I could find FAST. I wanted to get my post up as fast as possible so apacheman wouldn't miss it. It saddened me to see that it was useless information to him.

I would recommend searching out more info on the topic, or you can U2U me for additional info. Because like I said those two links didn't have a lot of information as I was posting for the speed.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Apacheman,
I truly feel for you, and I know what you're going through.

Right now, you'd probably prefer a bottle of Jack or Jim over advice.

However, I, my wife, and 5 year old son lost our home of twelve years to U.S. Bank just this past May.
I had to be out by 6:00 A.M. June 6th, or the Sheriff would "assist" in my relocation.

The upside was that there are a huge amount of houses for rent, rent to own, land contract, etc..

The housing market is so poor that people (not banks) are willing to do anything just to get some type of income from a house that would sit empty otherwise.

Watch for "For Sale by Owner" signs, and then call and see if the owner is open to any other arrangements.

I called on a "For Sale by Owner" home and spoke with the owner.
We hit it off, I told him what I could pay and he accepted.

I am now in a home that is nearly twice the square footage as my previous home, on 8 acres way out in the county.

I'm not gloating, I'm telling you that the economic situations that have forced so many people out of their homes have opened up entirely new markets, where you don't have to deal with banks.

I joke that I now rent from the bank of Jason (owner) rather than rent (which is all a mortgage is anyway) from U.S. Bank.

Good luck, and keep your chin up (literally).
It helps, trust me.

ETA: I forgot to mention I am paying $700 dollars less than my monthly mortgage was!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Unless, of course, you don't rely on the stock market and grow your own food, like me. In which case all this stuff happening will come and go without affecting me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Good point. What we really need is a large area of real estate where like minded people can exist and give the finger to the man! A self sustaining community like the Indians had. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to accomplish. Maybe something like "The Village" only without the red guy terrorizing the town!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Damn it... Why didn't you talk to me????
I swear I'm gonna smack you upside the head...

Did you forget I work for Vocational Rehab????
Web site to help disabled and elderly folks find jobs
Web Site with links to other resources for housing
You might also want to check if you and your brother are eligible for benefits
Lastly find out who and were your local Voch Rehab office is... we too can help with housing, finding you work and transportation...

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my Addy and phone number maybe we can brain storm up a few ideas
edit on 11-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Peace and love apacheman. Peace and love!

Your message be heard and stamped upon this heart. Breathe every last breath and let us savor teh remaining hours of our youth... no matter how aged you may be. Peace!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This situation brought up an idea to me. What if we set up thread or something so people here in need can get assistance? Maybe someone needs a vehicle repaired, and another ATS member is near them that can help. Or maybe someone needing to make some extra cash, and a nearby member has some yard work or something they can pay them for doing? Don't know if anyone is interested, but I think the majority of users here would much rather assist other users before a stranger.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, but I remember reading about these types of networks working during the Great Depression, only they were community based.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Dear Apacheman, it truly saddens my heart to hear of your troubles. The NWO is destroying us all for their power game. We may squabble about this or that theory but we all here know the truth that this is being wrought on us by evil people.
I am putting you in my prayers.
My sincerest regards for you and your brother.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wish you the best luck in life and pursuit of happiness.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear all this apacheman. The same thing happened to me last week. The economy has left so many in ruin that someone was forced to steal my rent money and as a result, I have lost my apartment as well. I hope you recover. Best wishes

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Regardless of the reason, good-bye threads are not allowed on ATS.

I am sure we all wish apacheman well, and hope he will be able to post again soon.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join