It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Riots are similar to Mideast riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Media keeps blasting that UK riots are just thugs and criminals and kids with nothing better to do. UK leaders saying that violence and lawlessness will be met with harshly. This is all true but step back and look through a different lense. I quote

"...Civil disturbances never have a single, simple meaning. When the Bastille was being stormed the thieves of Paris doubtless took advantage of the mayhem to rob houses and waylay unlucky revolutionaries. Sometimes the thieves were revolutionaries. Sometimes the revolutionaries were thieves. And it is reckless to start making confident claims about events that are spread across the country and that have many different elements. In Britain over the past few days there have been clashes between the police and young people. Crowds have set buildings, cars and buses on fire. Shops have been looted and passersby have been attacked. Only a fool would announce what it all means.

We can dispense with some mistakes, though. It is wrong to say that the riots are apolitical. The trouble began on Saturday night when protesters gathered at Tottenham police station to demand that the police explain the circumstances in which a local man, Mark Duggan, had been shot dead by the police. The death of a Londoner, another black Londoner, at the hands of the police has a gruesome significance. The police are employed to keep the peace and the police shot someone dead. This is a deeply political matter. Besides, it is conventional to say how much policing in London has changed since the Brixton riots of the early eighties - but not many people mouthing the conventional wisdom have much firsthand experience of being young and poor in Britain's inner cities..."

Full link to an article with different view. This is political unrest, make no mistake.

english.aljazeera.net...

edit on 10-8-2011 by amazing because: making easier to read

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'll say it like I said it on another thread, I think it's the same group that instigated the riots in the middle east, and this thing is just one big false flag after another.......It's the C.I.A. I'd bet 100 to 1..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Let me be the second to comment with no actual first hand account and only media reports to go by that i can almost be certain that CIA agent provocatures were in action here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I don't think they are the same.
Even if the means resemble a similar process, to me they are opposite poles of the civil unrest spectrum.
As I see them, the uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya are about people fighting for independance from government - fighting for more self determination and so they are about disempowering government.
The riots in the UK are about people blaming government for not doing enough 'for them' - people unwittingly perhaps desiring more dependance and so they are about giving more power to government.

ymmv

R

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think you make a valid point OP, Islamist sleepers may be involved as well.
They are in Britain , the intelligence units know they are.
To conquer division and anarchy must be fuelled.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
But underlying these riots is rage. Things are not all right in the UK. They aren't okay in the USA either. There is more going on here than looting. Sure there could be instigators from the CIA but you don't get this type of incident without simmering emotions already there. I think the UK Gov't is making a huge mistake by simply calling for law and order. That's what egypt did. Sure nothing will probably come of this but then again?

top topics

join