It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Riots Tonight In UK City's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Birmingham. Manchester, Wolverhampton and West Bromwich are experiencing riots, looting and burning tonight. Live link here:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's not UK cities, it's English cities, please stop using the term UK when referring to England.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seems a lot of UK cities are experiencing looting and vandalism tonight . I have friends in Salford and Manchester who are keeping me updated

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

What passport do you carry? Scottish or UK. That answers that then.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

What passport do you carry? Scottish or UK. That answers that then.

Irish. That does answer that then.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So your a foreigner? Even less need for you to comment on UK issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

So your a foreigner? Even less need for you to comment on UK issues.

Well, I shan't be arguing this evening sorry about that. I corrected you, it's up to you how you deal with that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
It's not UK cities, it's English cities, please stop using the term UK when referring to England.

Its funny because its just like reverse media speak when it comes to Scotland...

In sports when a Scottish athlete wins he is British, if he loses he is Scottish...

In public disorder if it happens in England it is British and I can bet you if it happened in Scotland it would be labelled Scottish.

The difference is that Scottish people would not put up with it regardless of what the police do or do not so unfortunately we will not find out if what I said is correct.

I am Scottish born, bred and living in Scotland (after reading ridiculous criticism of another member on this topic)

All this aside however, my guts telling me that this is not as clear cut as the media is potraying it to be.

edit on 9-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

2212: Chris Buckler BBC News People are following us around with bags, asking where the riots are. There is no doubt that there is a great deal of opportunism going on here tonight in Manchester.

Wow really? The same people who were clutching their pearls a day or 2 ago are now ready to get dirty? This isn't going to end anytime soon.

top topics

join