It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Riots..2011........... ATS network - 9th / 10th August 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is not trying to takeaway from the discussion on other threads BUT i thought that if we had a thread for INFORMATION ONLY (not chatter and discussion) then that might be of use to people in the UK...

My thoughts are post ONLY if you have Local and DEFINATE information of your area.......rough specifics..ie Northampton, Main high street or Derby, St Frank Whittle way.......

Might prove to help some if required.......Maybe ATS members could help others if required ??????

I'll kick it off with West Bromwich in the West Midlands - In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side. TIME 16.30 pm

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Some one posted this site two days ago.

thewestlondoner.wordpress.com...

They seem to be spot on and only report what they can confirm.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like you beat me too it by 10mins, great minds think alike aye? lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres what i have so far....

Oxford

BBC News live riot coverage

Im creating this thread so people can find out where the riots are in the UK so they can keep safe and bring updates to fellow ATS members on the board who want to check up on any news on their city. So far their have been reports in Oxford and West Brom on BBC news :BBC News Around the midlands i've heard reports from my friends that Sutton Coldfield is starting up. I've also heard reports of Brighton, however i have no links on these reports. Police are also present in Derby but so far no news on any violence or looting. Im going to keep this updated all night, im situated in the Midlands, so most of my news will be from around this area. Many concerns with these riots and what they can progress into, manly the involvement of the EDL, if they join in, i can see this becoming a race war/civil war. Hope it does not come to this, but it is a worry of mine. I'll keep you all posted, but i would appreciate if you lot can help out too. Also, could we keep opinions to a minimal? Just because the other threads have been full of them, and nothing wrong with that at all, after all, this is the internet, but i would like to keep this thread for news only, so people can find information regarding their surroundings with ease. Cheers all, and keep safe.

Slaford Heavy police presence in Slaford, but as of yet no violent reports.

Slaford

Reports for Tamworth. My friend has coded a Twitter watch thing where alarms go off when rioting in surrounding cities are tweeted, dont ask me how it works because i have no idea. Heres what he copied/pasted to me; 89300726 - Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:23:41 +0000 - Apparently the mobs are targeting tamworth?? #Birminghamriots #Birmingham I'll keep you all updated as it follows. His trying to get direct links to the accounts with the information.

Big i know,lol. But thats all i have at the moment.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

Just came in, Wolverhampton. Heres a link for updates around the Birmingham area; Birmingham Riot Watch
edit on 9-8-2011 by Trolloks because: Wolvo update.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Rioting in salford now and Manchester city centre , reports of salford uni being set on fire, im in oldham and will update when i can, it's gonna be a long night i know.

www.facebook.com... There's many trolls in this facebook group so it's hard to know what exactly is going on. But it is defentialy rioting in salford now i have many friends who live there.

Just in from one of my friends "Marks and spencers windows gone through. And some other shop. Rioters are around manchester now. Arndale center has been closed for an emergency :/
edit on 9-8-2011 by CydonianKnight because: .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Reports of people outside the bullring in birmingham.

Birmingham riots

A video and some photos of wolvo too. looks like its getting worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Salford shopping centre was closed , due to unrest . Talks of closing the Trafford centre .
I'm just outside of Eccles , Gtr Manchester and there is a very high police presence here.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Live feed from BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

West Bromwich...
Birmingham Centre
Salford
Manchester City Centre

Thanks Trollocks.........great mind do think alike.............

PDUK

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Crazy stuff..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interactive live riot map from the guardian;

Live riot map

Alot of information and links.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Interactive live riot map from the guardian;

Live riot map

Alot of information and links.

Thanks T

Wolverhampton City Centre - Police engaging Scum sucking vermin..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Riots in walsall, cant find a link but my mother just got a txt from her mate, they got evacuated from their flat and now their flat is getting trashed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here is is, Blurton (outskirts of Soke - on - trent).... I live there at uni times, meant to be going there tomorow. Stoke has a very high EDL/BNP support rate, one of the highest in the country. There is a very high chance of them joining in this to "take back england", and then it'll realy kick off, I hope it doesn't happen, but it has been a big worry of mine since this started. They will join, only a matter of time, and the stokies have a short fuse

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Leicester has some incidents occuring now
leics Police Twitter

10.09pm update - Incidents of criminal damage have taken place in Granby St, #Leicester, officers are at the scene now

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Nottinghamshire police: Canning Circus Police Station Fire Bombed by 30 - 40 men
edit on 9-8-2011 by
Notts Police Twitter
BinaryG because: Splelling

edit on 9-8-2011 by BinaryG because: added Source

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have a few friends in Manchester area I haven't chatted with them for a few days, but I think this is what they are trying to do they are going to just have people in the west riot.

top topics

join