It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama needs to look at the American people when he makes a television address to the nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yes

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yep you nailed it,I would love to see the teleprompters go out during one of his speeches,guarantee he wouldn't know what to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
EVERYONE who appears on television uses a prompter of some sort. The President is the ONLY one who appears on TV and who does this left, right, left, right, left, right - pause center, left, right thing. This is a rote pattern, he never breaks from this.

This would be odd in and of itself, but if you go back and look at Bush's speeches you'll find the exact same pattern. Odd that both would do the exact same thing, given that solving the problem is simple. In fact, several times Bush used and earpiece to feed him lines and still did it. The look just like, exactly like, the animatronic characters at various amusement parks.

Clinton did not follow the pattern. Regan looked down, then up and side to side on occasion, but did not have the robotic moves.

I wonder why they make robotic, un-human like moves when speaking to people?

Know why news anchors don't have the left/right problem and are always looking into the camera at you? It's not because they're just that damn good and have memorized the script before the show, uh uh; it's because there is a plate of glass in front of the camera lens that is tilted at a 45 degree angle where their script appears.

The camera focuses on the person so that the words are invisible to the viewer. The presenter can look directly into the camera lens and read the script with no one being the wiser.

Now, do you know why Obama doesn't do that? Because he's a LIAR, and he knows that if he looks people in the eye that they will see it. "The eyes are the window to the soul" the saying goes, and it's true. The eyes don't lie.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I did not think of news anchors...you are right, they do look at you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
reply to post by sharintexas

He's the President. He doesn't have to do anything you ask.

Same reason Bush didn't have to be intelligent.

Wrong my friend. Being the President means he has to do EVERYTHING we ask. Seems like a lot of people, especially the bunch of numbnuts we keep sending back to D.C., forget that the government works for us and not the other way around.

Oh, really? Well guess what, I WANT him to look left and right, and NOT into the camera!!!! Looks like he listens to me and not you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join