It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the plunge..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hey there everyone... I've been lurking a few weeks, so I figured I might as well join now than later.

Little about myself, I am a young lady of twenty one years. I would rather think of myself as a citizen of planet earth than any country, but if I had to choose, then legally je suis Americanne. If I had to categorize myself politically I would say I am a liberal libertarian leftist and religiously I am agnostic. I am a heathen gypsy woman. I don't know much else to say, so I guess any questions you have I can answer (:

I see too much beauty to be lost in our dear world, and I would like to think others are willing as I am to fight for it. Vigilance, my fellows. I am tired of being a tiger in a sheep's costume. Let me roam, dammit. And the sad thing is, I try to explain to people and I am the crazy one... Hopefully I will find my solace here.

To sanity, closer to the truth, the madness ensues.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, I'm new too! You sound very different from me but I wouldn't mind making new friends. What do you do for fun madam?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, just dont forget to "come up for a breath of air" every so often.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
To see the beauty of this world, you have to let go of any political or religious belief. Religion is man made, God is absolute and infinite, politics is the same as the one who invented religion...it's a tool to control people. Remember that Jesus was killed for politics & religion. When your soul leaves your body, your political belief does not go with you. Politics is a sham in the here and now and what we think or say doesn't matter. What you think about God does matter and how you behave yourself in this world, it is a personal thing between you & your creator. That's the bottom line!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Hah, seeing your username I can tell we are both very different, however I would never judge you on just that! of course we could be friends.

For fun, hmm. Besides your normal adult activities, I really enjoy anything in the sun whether it be swimming, hiking, boating. I also like cooking vegan and painting watercolor. And I adore music of all sorts. I can sing, but unfortunately never caught onto any instrument, but I try desperately to get a hang of the guitar. I also recently dabbled in tarot, not as a tool for divination, moreso keeping track of my own energy and understanding my life situations in a larger matter. I love to exercise, too

What about yourself!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Yeah I agree, it is all man made.. I was just making a statement. I have a much different view on God than you, I don't want to argue with you, but just don't bring Jesus into this please

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

cool cool. Not a vegan but I love to cook! Growing up with three sisters you will learn how to cook quickly. Different things are either easy or very difficult. Thankfully I can do most of it by reading the instructions. I'm a outdoor's type guy. Joining clubs, exercising, and so on. Browsing the internet is fun and doing homework for my classes. You mentioned the guitar I do play some acoustic songs. Not much since college. There are many things that keep me busy: Helping family my youngest sister, niece, and cousins who are in town; pay bills; and help my friends who work as carpet installers. Thankfully I have everything I need in life to keep me happy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why? What if He said that about you?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I totally dont see any green little chat icon at the bottom of the page . is it supposed to be on the ribbon at the bottom . Im trying to work my way to 200 posts so I can join in chat but you now say we newbies can watch . Wheres that icon

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

That is great you sound like you are a very well rounded person haha. Instructions are underrated, I believe anyone can cook anything as long as they read the recipe ya know. I have a lot of family living near me too, there is always someone in need of something! I do lose track of the things I should be thankful for.. I have two jobs so I am working a lot, but I am very lucky. I am pretty boring otherwise, just kind of feeling very zombied the whole summer, it really flew by incredibly fast

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Explanation: Hit the 'show ribbon' and then click on the green chat voyuer button!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

I think I'd be inclined to send him both an "I'm Sorry" card for not believing and a "Thank You" one for dying for my sins.

I believe no one is responsible for my actions, past present or future. Only I. I do not choose to include worshiping a deity in my lifestyle because I see it as illogical. I don't know the answers, dude, I just try to live my life without causing harm to others.

oh and I am not trying to hate on Jesus btw. I am just not a christian. Please respect my personal right to have come to that conclusion eh?

top topics

join