It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPACEWEATHER update

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
UPDATE: MAGNETIC STORM! Geomagnetic activity is increasing (the CME is impacting Earth). A G1 (on scale of 1-5) geomagnetic storm is underway. The current prediction is for G2-G3 storm. This may mean Aurora as far south as latitudes around Penn. USA.

It looks like another sun spot region is getting ready to face Earth in the coming days. It's worth keeping an eye on.

Dutchsinse put together a nice video of the active Sun producing 4 M-Class flares in the passed 48 hrs.;

video link

Behold the SUN!
SOHO has a pretty cool FREE screensaver that shows the most rescent images they have. I sometimes happen to glance over at my pc screen and see an image of a solar flare eruption and end up going online to see how intense it was. It's a nice screensaver if you like that sort of thing.

edit on 8/5/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, this is a screenshot from 19:28:39 UT time.

I know the numbers are too small to read, sorry, but just looking at the visuals on the graphs it seems like some 'thickness' I'm not used to seeing (even tho I only look this sporadically.) Could you briefly say what the four graphs on the right measure, and if green or red is desirable? (The one jumped from red to 'maxed-out-green.')
What about the 4 graphs at the bottom. The Density one is maxed-out, man! What say you? Thanks-a-million!

P.S... I have never actually seen red on the Convection display before. Do you see it a lot or rarely?
Things that make you go hmmm...

edit on 8/5/2011 by new_here because: clarity

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yea that looks pretty intense, people say oh thats nothing it happens all the time
haha Well ive never seen it look like that but whatever, it might be interesting to closely watch earthquakes around the globe

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lesisgod

*********UPDATE*********
Spaceweather.com has recently updated with this:

GEOMAGNETIC STORM IN PROGRESS: A major geomagnetic storm is in progress following the impact of a CME on August 5th around 1800 UT. Sky watchers at all latitudes should be alert for auroras after nightfall. Tip: the best hours for aurora sightings are usually around local midnight. Aurora alerts: text, voice. Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab say that the CME impact may have strongly compressed Earth's magnetic field, directly exposing satellites in geosynchronous orbit to solar wind plasma. Stay tuned for updates on this aspect of the storm.
Seem curioius, I don't recall this sort of alert with regard to satellites before. Even during the X class of last year....

Still has the opportunity to get interesting....

Spaceweather Update

edit on 5-8-2011 by lesisgod because: bolded relevant text

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's interesting...that with , I think we have like 3 maybe 4 comet threats as well as a list of asteroid threats...nobody seems to implement the solar flare affect of the flare pushing the "threat" off course and into us. I am not a typical "doomsdayer" but, I also do not believe that we are going to last forever and the entire planet is being pelted with every weather anamoly you can think of at the same time. I do not believe in coincidence. Something is going on! There's my 2 cents...or is it 0.05 cent now?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join