It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights on the sky that doesnt move with long exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I saw this type of light that comes from nowhere and then glides smoothly. I ran for the camera and kept in mind what critic ive gotten before. The Gif file is 3 MB and contains 4 images taken with an shutterspeed on 4 seconds wioth ISO 1600 since any lower became black. You can see that the lights doesnt really move on the frames where the sky is clear in the areas where they are. I also took some pictures of the stars with a bit long shutterspeed that made the lights glide while other lights move the oposite way.

I used tweetpic and it gives animation but there is a error with the last frames which is smaller.
Under here

lh6.googleusercontent.com...

I'm gonna try again tomorrow if there is more clear sky then. THis was an eventfull night.

But there is many strange phenomenons that you cant get on camera without the possibility to take the picture just as fast as the light is at its strongest.

But there is some stuff here that doesnt make much sense

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Hey, just FYI the first link gives me an error message.

The other pictures are interesting but I don't know what they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I hope these are the same lights I`ve been seeing. They are really driving me a tad crazy. Are these lights like stars but pin light and travel then stop maybe change direction or continue moving forward sometimes they go fast some times they go slow?

I`ve been trying to get good pictures of them myself but just can`t get anything I`ll be sharing with ATS due to my first thread on them was a wreck although I wasn`t trying to prove to anyone from the pictures but want people to watch for them.

As the matter of fact they are out there right now and have been every night since I`ve made that thread. Many of them now up there and they do some crazy stuff.
I get them as orbs and pin points of light depending on when I snap the picture.

Best of luck in your capturing them on camera. I will be watching for updates.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
I hope these are the same lights I`ve been seeing. They are really driving me a tad crazy. Are these lights like stars but pin light and travel then stop maybe change direction or continue moving forward sometimes they go fast some times they go slow?

I`ve been trying to get good pictures of them myself but just can`t get anything I`ll be sharing with ATS due to my first thread on them was a wreck although I wasn`t trying to prove to anyone from the pictures but want people to watch for them.

As the matter of fact they are out there right now and have been every night since I`ve made that thread. Many of them now up there and they do some crazy stuff.
I get them as orbs and pin points of light depending on when I snap the picture.

Best of luck in your capturing them on camera. I will be watching for updates.

YES!! it is #ing enoying. They flash really strong, but on a long shutter that only gives what you see on the pictures. Standing ligts.

It freaked me out since i know the sky very well and these lights are not supposed to be there.

I just hope this time that someone can give me tips on how to capture photos in the night that makes it possible to not use the long shutter.

But i will try again since this is really a brain teaser i don't like

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Could it be a Geostationary Satellite ?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
reply to post by lost artistic

Hey, just FYI the first link gives me an error message.

The other pictures are interesting but I don't know what they are.

I really tried to get them out last night with services that made them awailable for anyone.

But if you look at the lights and then the sky, you'll see that the shutterspeed is too long for a star to appear in a constant round shape. Its supposed to get a glare that you see on the other pictures. Those are debunked since i think that i must pushed the button and the capture first get the lights seems to be double.

But the fact that the other lights don't have any movement with a longer shutter speed and a higher iso, makes it that more difficult .

These lights were so dim that what you see as lights are the flashes they made.

Can't describe why but this scared the # out of me because everytime you ask yourself " If this is real, can they se me?"

And then abovetopsecret is not the page to visit right after.

But ill try until i have a crispy clear photo.

The thing that startet it all was a light that appeared and then seemed to glide smoothly. I ran in to get the camera and when i came out it faded to the point of being so dim it seemed only my eyes could track it. But once in a while it flashed. But on filming nothing appears because cameras for the people with a budget does not function well in the darkness.

Last, they seem to appear in regions of the sky that have been the same place ive seen other lights before.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Outstanding you do see them due to how you describe exactly what I`m seeing.

I`ve been seeing them for a good while now actually. Seems once you spot them they become very easy to spot. Here is something else I`ve found with them.

As you say they appear as a flash then fade out to a dim pinpoint of light. Now they move sometimes fast other times slow. They are there even when it is clouded over and are much easier to track then.
They really don`t seem to just vanish. They are capable of travelling very fast and it starts with a slow movement at first though.

Now when they start to move they will seem to light up brighter some very bright but the light fades off fast. Almost seems as if that is how they power the craft. Now as they are a very dim light they will stop and perhaps fade completely out but there is like a blackness that surrounds them rather large compared to the craft as a light.(That`s when they show up as a orb in my pictures)
I`m getting this down pretty well being able to call my shot when I take the pictures (taken over a thousand of them)

Now here is some more I`ve been picking up watching them lately.

There actually seems to be more then just that one light. I`m seeing 3 and yes seems to be pretty consistent triangle shape. Two of the lights will be very dim though yet very rarely all 3 light will match each other.
I`ve been shooting them with a flash on on the camera to get the orb to show up.

Now there are times they seem to shoot like a falling star but I still have only seen them do that rarely 50 times maybe. Others seem to come to the area when that happens so I`m not sure that is a good thing for them or a accident so to speak.

Since I am using a flash it seems to get their attention they will go and sit directly above me and there will be strong flashes as if they are taking my picture as well. And seems as if they read my mind. They do also seem to know when I`m pointing the camera at them.
I`ll get more info up if anyone is interested in what I`ve learned on them so far but that is pretty much the basics there.

Be sure to check the sky just as it gets dark and even more when it is clouded over with thunder near by. They really seem to like lightning.

I do have a question for the OP
Do you wwear Glasses, Like what is your vision like? I ask that due to I have glasses but don`t wear them all the time and the only othere person here I`ve had spot them needs glasses as well.

top topics

join