It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia boy, 3, dies of heatstroke after being locked in car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

A THREE-year-old US boy died of heat stroke after being left inside a locked car for an hour outside his daycare provider's home in Warner Robins, Georgia.

The boy, Andrew Calloway, was pronounced dead on arrival at the town's Houston Medical Centre yesterday evening, after local temperatures climbed to 99F (37C), The Macon Telegraph said.

His 26-year-old father, also Andrew Calloway, only found out about the incident when he arrived to pick his son up and found the day care provider's home roped off by crime-scene tape.

"There was no excuse for my son being left in a locked car," Mr Calloway told The Telegraph.

Daycare operator Shelia Henderson, 50, had driven to the property with little Andrew and other children, who got out. When she later realised Andrew was not inside the house, she went to the car and found him unconscious then dialled emergency services, police said.more

how tragic! When I read the title I thought it had happened in Australia because this kind of thing happens but when I saw it was in Georgia I was like...oh it happens there too.
How horrible for all involved. First reaction is to blame the daycare op considering the child was not discovered for an hour!!

edit on 1-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: typo

edit on 1-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: pfft grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
.....so his on is dead because someone else left hm in the car to die? Jesus Christ. I mean are we really just going to float on this rock killing each other until we all die?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
How sad.. In a case like this the daycare op should be held liable. That is gross negligence.
Poor thing must have suffered in that car.. And imagine how the parents must feel..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
.....so his on is dead because someone else left hm in the car to die? Jesus Christ. I mean are we really just going to float on this rock killing each other until we all die?

YES would be the answer to that sad question.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Is this that same story which was being covered the past month or so?

Just curious, since it was a 3 year old, and had something to do with a babysitter being responsible.

Hate to hear if this is a new case. The heat has been crazy in the south

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

the article is dated 2/08/2011 ...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't understand how the day care provider could have left him in the car in the first place. Wouldn't you check to make sure you have all the kids out before shutting it up? Then not notice his absence long enough for him to die?

If you can't properly pay attention when it comes to caring for children you shouldn't be in that line of work in the first place. This story makes me angry and also sad for the child and his family.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What a sad story and what a STUPID STUPID lady.
There are no excuse's for her negligence and stupidity.
I just hope that she punished to the full extent of the law and that she is never allowed to care for another child ( including her own) ever again.
Its moments like this i wish i was a religious man as i would wish she rots in HELL

Its story's like this that breaks my heart.

RIP little man

top topics

join