It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City threatens legal action over staff, Three Stooges comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This isn't too old , still kinda relevant etc, etc not sure if it belongs here or in the breaking alternative news forum, but here we go.

www.guelphmercury.com...

Since everyone seems to have the right of freedom of speech, Guelph seems to be the black sheep in it all. Marc Black the owner of a business called Hempire happens to be on a street that has been under construction for 5 years, with the amount of business lost, Marc decided to email a bunch of the council and workers of the city a comparison of city workers to the Three Stooges, however the city is suing him for it as they claim it is libel and slander. It kinda reminds me of when the city was going to sue protesters for $5 million for being on some land slated for development. The city never used to do this sort of thing by suing people left right and center, but the businesses on Carden are planning on suing the city for lost business.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

We're governed by babies.

Why is it no-one can take a joke anymore?!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Black called the city’s threat “Draconian.”

“I feel like saying (the city) should take it as a compliment, because at least (the Three Stooges) had some creativity,” Black said. “If anything it was a slight on the Three Stooges.”

What a great line.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yep, I have an update the city backed off the shop owner as other businesses started supporting him, apparently the city was also going to try and sue the newspaper for the letter Marc sent. But this is all too true with the bully tactics Guelph uses, a friend of mine sucessfully sued the city, however someone who was working for the city threattened him, but my friend won, and he is telling newspapers around Canada how much the city workers have lied and people getting paid off by the city to lie to a judge etc.

But some merchants have been bullied while other times other merchants things have been running just fine with communication.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have too many laws

It should be illegal to sue people for anything thing less than a life threatening ordeal.....Really injured.......

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
yea, but this council can't accept constructive criticism, I am surprised people don't protest the actions of the administration in the city, but the thing is if those protests turn violent, the downtown is small, lots of bars, and it could cause a lot of trouble for both the local government, and the shop owners.

top topics

join