It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds loss of records, art on 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Letters written by Helen Keller. Forty-thousand photographic negatives of John F. Kennedy taken by the president's personal cameraman. Sculptures by Alexander Calder and Auguste Rodin. The 1921 agreement that created the agency that built the World Trade Center. Besides ending nearly 3,000 lives, destroying planes and reducing buildings to tons of rubble and ash, the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks destroyed tens of thousands of records, irreplaceable historical documents and art.

As we approach the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this article reminds us of the loss of not only the human element, but the loss of priceless and irreplaceable history in the form of art treasures and photographs.

I am not a huge believer in the 9/11 conspiracy theories nor am I a disbeliever of said theories. Generally I am on the wall about such thing but this article made me really wonder. With the missing or destroyed photos of Kennedy, dozens of state, federal and government agencies documents, The Journal of Commerce Library, The EEOC and Security and Exchange commission Libraries and The Gallozi Library of the U.S. Customs service all losing so much data almost sounds like a determined effort to eradicate some important historical information.
I do not mean to insinuate that this points conclusively to any theory, but it seems rather odd that these documents and artwork cover a broad and significant amount of historical information. Why is there any mystery to all these documents other than what was or wasn't there?

Please take a moment to look at the links provided and give me some feedback.

The Story: news.yahoo.com...

IFAR CitiGroup Finding PDF: ifar.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm with you and "on the fence" regarding 9/11 events, The Building 7 situation is what keeps me wondering. It is interesting that much of the missing stuff, according to the articles you linked, seemed to be in Building 7.

What else was in Building 7?
www.wtc7.net...
edit on 31-7-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

The 1921 agreement that created the agency that built the World Trade Center.

You had me until there..... I tend to think of Silverstein's purchase of the WTC...

Six months before the 9/11 attacks the World Trade Center was "privatized" by being leased to a private sector developer. The lease was purchased by the Silverstein Group for $3.2 billion. "This is a dream come true," Larry Silverstein said. "We will be in control of a prized asset, and we will seek to develop its potential, raising it to new heights."

and who could forget....

Also, the towers required some $200 million in renovations and improvements, most of which related to removal and replacement of building materials declared to be health hazards in the years since the towers were built.

Now I know I don't need to go on because everyone and their dead grandmothers have seen Loose Change.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree with the "Loose Change" overindulgence by the 9/11 conspiracy theorists wholeheartedly. I am an artist by trade and somehow the loss of these documents and art hits close to home. I dare not say that this reeks of conspiracy yet I am starting to personally lean towards the WTF phase of the whole 9/11 tragedy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for the link! Ok now that site addresses a whole other can of worms. The fact that Bldg. 7 was built by Drexel Burnham Lambert raises the hairs on the neck. These A$$holes orchestrated the S&L crash in the 80's that led to our first bank bailout. Its stuff like this that makes a person think....Was it really an inside job??

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Look up the whole video of bush at the school on 9/11.
Listen to the words the kids are supposed to say out loud.
Look at Bush's face at one specific word.
My pet goat being read upside down?

Have you seen the Larry Silverstien interviw about building 7, ahh I could go on and on its crazy.

You say you are into art, have you looked into what the twin towers were modeled after?

Any irony then about "islamist terrorist" to knock them down yes?

And just for some wacky out there fun add in the devil showing itself in the smoke.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Although I agree that human and precious records were lost in this unfortunate event, it is wrong to call those conspiracies a theory but refuse to call the government claims a theory also. Both have evident, the difference is, some claim that the conspiracy has more evidence backing its claims than the official account, then there are those who believe the government claims have more evidence than the conspiracies. There is a reason why this conspiracy is so widely accepted.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I wasn't really sold on the idea that 9/11 was an inside job... until I found out about stuff like this. Couple this with the massive amount of money announced missing from Pentagon records, records which were destroyed in the attack, and you have yourself a conspiracy.
I had no idea until now that the files on the U.S's backing of what is now "Al-Qaeda" against the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan went missing. That I find all the more damning.

edit on 7/31/11 by MentalPriapism because: Typo

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The most important document destroyed on 9/11 was the bill of rights.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
9/11 was the most "convenient" terrorist attack for TPTB in US history.

Many powerful people benefited. Strange how that works.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Funny theres no mention of the missing Gold from the buildings either.....
You cant pull something this big off without inside collusion......its just notpossible......
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush. Hang em high.....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If you are on the fence with the inside job, then the video ' 9/11 Blueprint for truth' is an end game to the official story. It is a tough one with so many lies and conflicting stories around.

Google Video Link

I am not sure of all the other artwork, but JFK was one of the good guys and paid the ultimate price for it. I can see how the corruption behind these events would want to destroy this artwork.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

They probably took it and placed it in an underground vault for safe keeping knowing that we are about to become extinct.

new topics

top topics

join