It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS Dense Plasma Focus Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Digging through the latest Nevada Test Site environmental report, I noticed a new entity on the map called the Dense Plasma Focus Facility. There isn't much information on the internet regarding what goes on there, other than they started it at their North Las Vegas site then moved it to the Nevada Test site. Obviously you don't move something to the test site if you don't think things could go awry.

Here are some images I pulled out of the report:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Poking around a bit, it seems the deuterium-tritium reaction mentioned in the second photo is one of the most scientifically plausible bases for a sustained cold fusion reaction.

library.thinkquest.org...

This site has a solid breakdown of the reaction process. It seems that photo is a notice from somewhere basically stating that the reactor might have leftover waste products and/or leak minute amounts of radiation into the surrounding areas, neither of which should be a problem - or so it implies. If I had to guess, it's a cold fusion research lab. It was most likely moved to the NTS b/c of the possible radiation issues.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Plasma focus is definitely a conventional hot fusion machine.

Large quantities of tritium are considered Special Nuclear Materials as they have nuclear weapons utility.

Possibly the device is used to create both Xrays and neutrons for experiments to calibratie the nuclear weapons simulations, like the NIF in Livermore (which is sold as an energy research machine when it is not, it is a weapons research machine---a great waste of so much talent).

The secret stuff might not be the dense plasma focus machine (which is why it's open in the name), but what the targets are.
edit on 7-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

join