It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sour 'lemon' driver returns to dealer; 'I didn't hit a car under $20K'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

PORTSMOUTH — Unhappy that a Lafayette Road car dealer wouldn't take back the van he bought on Monday, David Cross drove "the lemon" back after the dealer closed on Tuesday and crashed it into six cars parked on the lot for sale."I hit the first $25,000 car I could see," Cross told the Herald. "I didn't hit a car under $20,000. Then I moved a van that they wouldn't come down on the price for. I moved it with the lemon they sold me. I just held it to the floor until I couldn't move it anymore. I took out seven vehicles, including my own."

This is what is going to happen. Calmly, this man explains how the charges and $ damages apply, and how he is satisfied with his decision. People are pissed and there is only so much they can take.

Hey you Sold me a Lemon! Eat this!

Honestly can't believe no one posted this one yet

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I certainly don't condone what he did. But I do understand.

Anyway, you'd think there would have been a better way to go about rectifying that situation. I was under the impression that most states had anti-lemon laws to protect consumers against fraudulent sales.
edit on 22-7-2011 by xrevxoltx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Come on guys, from the source:

his license was suspended for falling behind on child support.

This lowlife doesn't even understand the definition of "lemon", it takes multiple trips back to the dealership, fixing the same problem over & over again, to even start the paperwork going.

This dude had the vehicle one day.

His wife went and bought it without him, and he threw a hissy-fit.

I will admit in general I believe people to be getting crazier & crazier by the day though.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well he's going to be out a ton of money and possible jail time, and the car dealership will only have to make an insurance claim.

only half the money they get from the insurance will be used to fix the cars "like new" which will be sold for a much higher profit

the dealer is laughing all the way to the bank

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Expect to see more things like this happen in the near future.

People are sick and tired of being deceived by people ripping them off. Those who refuse to act in an ethical manner will have to deal with the anger they cause.

Not justifying what he did. Just saying it's going to get much worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i think this guy was pissed

we have "lemon laws" here to try to protect consumers from bad car deals.

an old family friend once bought a new vehicle. they were called to tell them that the delivery would be delayed. so my friend called up the dealer to find out why. the lady who answered the phone made a wee slip of the tongue and apologized for the delay, but that "the car was in the BODY SHOP being repaired since it FELL OFF THE TRAIN." well my friend told them to order a new one as any person would do. apparently the lady who let it slip was also FIRED for telling the truth?. lesson from that even get a brand NEW car checked out as soon as you take delivery of it.

sadly this type of thing is only too common. so i can understand why someone might do as this guy did.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree there are some marks against this fellow, and no, he is not all there. I have a hard time based upon personal experience from taking charges against one seriously, but yeah, not the best example for rage - I was really hoping this would be more like michael douglass in that movie where he loses it in LA!!!

Not the best, but we go with what we have.

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
we have "lemon laws" here to try to protect consumers from bad car deals.

The fact the odometer wasn't working was reason enough to return it. How is it possible to know how many miles it has done?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I know. The point is the man doesn't even care - perhaps he is just insane, but the message is great!

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I don't care how nuts this guy is but when you feel cheated and you are, emotions run high! I agree with you, there is no condoning but hell, he gave it to em the best he knew!

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
really, if these crooks are as thieving as that, that guy just did them a favor. he lost. most likely he'll end up in jail, fined and get nothing.

meanwhile the dealer will overvalue the price of his cars, get cash up front from the insurance on 7 cars that might have taken months to sell, and clear space for newer models.

he should have just grabbed the guy by the collar and threaten him with extreme bodily harm if he doesn't get a refund.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree with you a lowlife raging idiot! He will probably pay sounds like by his statement it was premeditated and will not be covered imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

See, that is my favorite part here...totally premediated and admitted as much...if he were only slightly better character this would be famous!

CJ

new topics

top topics

join