It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets fix america ATS Right here right now Part 1!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Attention ATS, im sure many people have done the research but its time someone does it because they want to not because they are paid to. Im going to need the help of intelligent people here on ats to gather info write a report and issue an article to my local paper on my findings and solutions.

This will be a multipost thread. each thread i will post a question that i need to be answered and suggestions on a solution to the specific question. please Post credible info with a credible link so i can research your research for input into my report.

Now lets get down to it.

Question #1: How much did the united states government both state and/or federal give to other nations for aid. This includes any kind of financial help for disaster relief, or just hey heres some money, or political motivation. Please use the year 2010 as a refrence as 2011 is not yet over and cannot be compiled. If possible find what countries and how much was given and is possible for what. This is your task ats and this is just one research project of many to come. Help me make sense of this over budget check book! now get cracken ats im counting on you!!!!!!

Question #1.1: would you Agree or Disagree with stopping all foreign aid until america can help its self? This question does not take into account military aid to allies so please dont think of that. this is only financial aid. my opinion is if a soup kitchen gives away all its soup to another soup kitchen how is it going to feed the people in there line?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is a little off-topic from what you asked for but, I believe to fix this mess, we need to get rid of wasteful spending. I propose to cut whole DEPARTMENTS of Federal Government. We can start with the 80 billion given to the Dept of Education which basicaly does nothing. Then, impose a flat-tax and get rid of the IRS which would save another 13 billion. Two cuts and 93 billion saved.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Stop all foreign immedietely.Imagine if you couldnt pay off your credit cards.Would you start paying off somebody elses?This question is ridiculous.Zero foreign aid to any foreign country indefinetely.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

Seriously you are hoping to turn the Ats members into your own personal google ? Pffff

Here is everything you need, unless you want someone here to write it for you too.

www.parade.com...

Here's how u get there for future reference

lmgtfy.com...

and yes the -- between words changes the way it searches

edit on 20-7-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Over 10 years(how the liberals like to figure) that is 930 billion, almost 1 trillion right there.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ron Paul speeches on youtube would be a good place to start. You want to fix this country? Elect Dr. Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Except that the figures I listed are for 2012 budgets and those numbers go up every year. So in all reality, the 930 billion would be higher over 10 yrs.

Yes, Ron Paul has some great ideas about cutting whole Departments of government also.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I hear ya Freedom12, its a possibility that this posting will get to a part where that comes into affect. this post will focus on research and general solutions/opinions until 1 giant report is formed and condensed into an article which will be run for an entire county newspaper to see. the final article will also be posted here on ats for all to see once the research is finished.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Completely agree with you, but that was just the opinion part of the post. the post is to gather the opinions and hopefully get the first part of the question, the fact gathering part gathered lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Hey drunk ninja thanks for the "google tutorial" unaware of what the -- do but the let me google that for you was quite halarious. no im not using ats as my own personal google. i will need to read the posts and check what people send me, then check those facts. i work 2 jobs which is most of my day and eveneing. whats so wrong to ask for help on a project which could open eyes even if its only a few?

Also the link u sent let me google that for you me to was 2008, i clearly asked for more recent 2010 to get a better estimate.
edit on 21-7-2011 by JustInCase101 because: edit to fix spelling mistake, and to add a statement

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Hey 1984, if he hoenstly run i may very well vote for him, i still like to see who else will run, the i will make my decision.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
...you're compiling this info for an article that you're going to submit to your local newspaper... okay, so, how about some pertinent info from you?...

...1...name the newspaper...

...2...will the final article be submitted free to the newspaper?... if not, how much do you expect to be paid - and - are you going to share your pay with those who help you?...

...3...are you going to hire/solicit an editor to proof / correct your article prior to submission?...

...4...in your article, are you going to personally acknowledge those who helped you compile this info?...

...5...how old are you?...

...6...when you were in school, did you ever get others to do your homework for you?...

...7...share your political leanings so we can better understand how you might use any info provided...

...thx in advance...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Newspaper shall remain nameless as i have someone who will get the article run for me.

I myself am 23 years old.

I have no political leanings other then to make america great, if i had the money and was of running age for president i believe is 35 id just run as independent. im all about fixing america and to stop fixing the rest of the world.

No i did my own homework, when i chose to do it lol. in group projects i was often the one doing the major work load and trying to pull the team together. thats about all i can give u!!

P.S: i will not be earning any money for this article, infact i may need to pay a small fee.
edit on 22-7-2011 by JustInCase101 because: Edit to fill in last question

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustInCase101

Newspaper shall remain nameless as i have someone who will get the article run for me.

...okay, let me see if i got this right... if your article runs, you're gonna post it on ats - but - you dont want to name the newspaper now cuz it might screw up the deal you've got working?...

...if this deal was on the up and up, no secrecy would be needed...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

secrecy is needed as, the favor is not a planned article and this person owes me a big favor, so as of right now it is not OFFICIALLY planned to be run. techinically its on the low and low not the up and up lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Information has been recieved and Compiled for this question much, thanks to all who have posted and pm'ed me great links. another post will take place soon. thanks to all!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If you need more current data add 2011 into the mix, see here I can understand your need for help considering that you have 2 jobs, but you can make very efficient use of search engines if you learn how. This should get you started down the road of "google hacks" for lack of a better word Hacks

join