It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the country is broke,most of the world hates us and we are STILL giving away BILLIONS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Whats with our foreign aid programs?>>In the 40's and 50's we used them to buy goodwill and cooperation from as*holes all over the world.Now we are broke,and we are still giving good money to people who hate us or will never assist us or cooperate with us in our goals...like pakistan...and ALL of africa....lets stop hemmoraging money and keep it here where we can feed our own starving and homeless in places like Applaichia and los angeles

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Our foreign aid is a very tiny tiny percentage of what we spend. If you quit sending anyone money it wouldn't make even a small dent in our financial problems.

I think it's like less than 1% or something like that but that number might be a little off.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

pakistan gets 800 billion is military aid...thats almost a trillion...you know how it is...a trillion here and a trillion there...its adds up quick

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Have you checked the news this morning? Here, I will make it easy for you...

www.reuters.com...

So much for your argument.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Nice stats, i feel a lot better now... Ever since you said that it was less than 1%, it just lifted a weight off my chest
[/sarcasm]

Seriously tho, got any links to back that up? Deny ignorance and all...

P.S. Just out of curiosity, do you think that there is anything wrong in the world today? Whenever i see you post you always try to make it seem like everythings perfect and theres no reason to worry/plan/take action over anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Tell us how much you Americans just coughed up to help bail out Greece?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by kro32

pakistan gets 800 billion is military aid...thats almost a trillion...you know how it is...a trillion here and a trillion there...its adds up quick

I think you mean 800 million to Pakistan? It was just released that the government has suspended aid to Pakistan, who according to this article, receive 1.3 billion a year in aid from the US. It's not because of financial issues though.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

Sorry...it is millions...I just say cut everyone off if it isnt a lot....and We got screwed on Greece...800 million would feed an awful lots of people...IN America
edit on 7/10/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

how much did greece, or europe for that matter, pitch in to bail out the u.s a few years back when the euro was doing so well and the dollar was sinking like the titanic?

entertainment-group.buzzsugar.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Have you checked the news this morning? Here, I will make it easy for you...

www.reuters.com...

So much for your argument.

HOLY CRAP, DID OUR COUNTRY JUST SHOW SOME BACKBONE?

Thanks for that article, however I don't think that negates the op's argument in the least. Our priorities in this country are completely out of whack. Other countries hate us when we intervene somewhere and they hate us when we don't. Damned if we do...damned if we don't. I say save the money.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So your solution to the economy is to stop being kind of almost nice to the rest of the world, rather than, say, stop spending it on stuff that we use to shoot parts of the world in the face?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

My solution is to stop wasting money,any way we can...Im all for the Dear Leader to call ALL out troops home at 9 tomorrow morning...shut it all down...but yeah...stopping being "almost" nice to anyone who talks bad about us isnt a bad idea at all....we need the dollars at home NOW...no in kenya feeding enemies

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by kro32

I'd like to see your source for that number. Here's mine :

en.wikipedia.org...

just saw the other posts so disregard.

My point stands though that financial aid in proportion to our budget is miniscule at best. Stopping all foreign aid will do nothing really for our budget.
edit on 10-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

'Foreign Aid' is more often than not a euphemism for 'blackmail'.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Hahaha omg! Lol that what they call free and open economy,

Either way, america never helped other people , america only " helps" when there is much to gain!

Thats like giving your best friend a hug and a shoulder because u know ur gonna getsome.

top topics

join