It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a baby for £20 in a UK lottery...wtf!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
While at first glance this whole thing seem's bonkers - I can understand the thought behind it. I'm under the impression it's a *one go and you're done* lottery on the NHS anyway. Even privately people can poor their whole life saving's away on failed IVF treatment's. The process of IVF is in essence a lottery of luck to begin with.

Someone though,put it succinctly on a programme this morning when he asked; "But at what point do you tell your kid you won them in a raffle?"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sadly its true folks.....IVF lottery

Under the rules this lottery is open to anyone.

Form a personal point of view I know that there will be many who have struggled for years to become pregnant, who may see this as thier only hope, think X-Factor wannabes, and the way they gush about this being all they live for, now imagine the dissappointment, when they don't win.

This is why it is such an unethical competition, fertility is such an emmotive subject, best left handled in the medical arena, and not sported as a "Golden Ticket" opportunity.

Exploitation of this nature, is very worrying indeed.

Of course I would love to see every woman become pregnant who wishes to, but I don't think winning the opportunity is ethical.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

Thank-you for posting...I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

To answer the one that said it cost 30,000 dollars to adopt in the states.That may be true for a fresh out of the hospital white baby, but the state will pay you to adopt the other children...I am a nurse that works for a foster-home, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join