It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Smudges on Window Claim Sanger Paranormal Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

During the Memorial Day weekend—when society members make their annual Bigfoot-hunting expedition in the Sierra National Forest in California—Gonzalez had to abandon the truck because of snow. Either one or three days later, he returned to the truck and discovered that—lo and behold!!—something had left "stubby fingerprints and smudges," including face marks, all over the windows, like some kind of rude slob. A forensics photographer took some pictures and also some samples for DNA testing.

Previous attempts to analyze potential Bigfoot DNA haven't resulted in anything that could be considered as the scientific find of the ages. That's why Gonzalez is being very careful about who he'll turn over his reported Bigfoot DNA to. "We need somebody to come forward to take this DNA and get it mapped," he told AOL. "Since nobody knows what a Bigfoot is, there's no available DNA for it. But by testing this DNA, by process of elimination we can find out if it was a bear, gorilla, baboon or something else.

I think this is ridiculous but felt obligated to share as some members will no doubt find it interesting. I live in WA and always secretly hope someone does one day find bigfoot but I'm not holding my breath. This group is pretty amusing when yo[u look into them. Always finding something!

Link

Emailed to me by a friend, not a Gawker fan.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

As much as I want to see evidence of bigfoot,I'm leaning more to believe that it was a bear that left the marks,a hungry bear at that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Yeah that's where my mind went immediately. Actually that was the second thought after wonering if they had just done something to garner a little publicity.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

yes it did fit that guy's profile,probably went back for a midnight snack and remembered he did not have the keys.......blame it on Sasquatch.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Blame EVERYTHING on sasquatch! Weird bump in the night, some disturbed foliage, a bad smell hell even taxes! Its all bigfoot.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i would guess bear at first. occums razor i guess. the thing that i dont understand is why would a very large bigfoot leave knuckle/hand and face prints that low? so low in fact that it matches the one guys size unless he happens to be an extremely large fellow.

also watching some of the casey anthony trial it seems very important to control the collection of the dna to the utmost extreme. i know its not a murder trial but contamination is very possible. was the truck driven home? when were the samples taken? were the people who touched it tested? i guess it would only take on anomalous hit to show it wasnt human or at least that it was a bear but still, how much care was taken to collect the samples?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

I highly doubt much if any care was used when taking samples. Great points though! I have a feeling this was either all staged or a bear and these guys know it and just want attention/funding.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing as I've been waiting for the release on their said evidence. Whereas I feel it's still inconclusive, as to whether it's a Bigfoot or not. Even perhaps someone wondered by, knowing who they were and hoaxed them. We just don't know yet but maybe the smudges can lead to truth with further investigation. Always a possibility, we'll have to see, for now I'm looking more into it from presented video...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ef0bc4b8531.jpg[/atsimg]
Bigfoot? Mask? Bear? Ape?
edit on 25-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: image

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Glad you found it useful! It would be great if it came back as some unknown DNA. Would at least get me to do more night hiking in these amazing woods.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by homeskillet

I highly doubt much if any care was used when taking samples. Great points though! I have a feeling this was either all staged or a bear and these guys know it and just want attention/funding.

oh me too. i assumed when the hillbilly guy was lining his knuckles up he was probably manhandling the truck all along anyway. breathing on it could taint it. also id guess he was not going to leave it there driving it home stopping for gas etc.. i assume they didnt have the local csi come over and set it up like a crime scene. but like i said, if the can get just one anomalous hit then theyre in. im just saying that for people who take the hunt for something like bigfoot so seriously they really dont take a real scientific approach. kind of like the "scientific" methods ghosthunters use.
edit on 6/25/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think the real mystery is how someone dumb enough to link smudge on his window with bigfoot earned enough money to actually purchase the vehicle and camcorder.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well since this park has bears.

Black bears are common in the Sierra National Forest and are apart of the natural environment.

Link to .gov site

My guess is bear too.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
How do you get to 'Bigfoot' from a few smudges on a vehicle...?

join