It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
[QUOTE]
If humans were removed from the planet, no other species would suffer, a more natural balance would be created. This cannot be said for any other animal/species alive today.[/QUOTE]

thats because we are above most of the creatures in the food chain - the only animals that look at us as natural food are bears

take sharks , lions , eagles etc away and that statement would still hold - does that mean that lions , sharks and eagles are also from another world ?

No...every other species has a purpose on this planet. We do not. We take and give nothing back. We have no purpose. But, lets not get distracted from the thread issue.

"take sharks , lions , eagles etc away and that statement would still hold"..no it wouldn't. Population balances are strictly controled by the species you mentioned. humans do not have any concept of "balance"..OR SO IT SEEMS.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
If we are evolved from apes, then why have the apes of today not evolved?

We are not descended from the living apes. The theory of evolution suggests that we are descended from a common ancestor. Every extant species stands at the pinnacle of that that species evolution. We are all the survivors and that is after all, what evolution is all about. The process of evolution does not in the least negate divine intervention. "The Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform."

[edit on 04/8/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
If we are evolved from apes, then why have the apes of today not evolved?

We are not descended from the living apes. The theory of evolution suggests that we are descended from a common ancestor. Every extant species stands at the pinnacle of that that species evolution. We are all the survivors and that is after all, what evolution is all about. The process of evolution does not in the least negate divine intervention. "The Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform."

[edit on 04/8/14 by GradyPhilpott]

But this so called "common ancestor" has never been found. Therefore, it is purely speculation that we are desended from any species.

etided to add: Please do not bring religion in to this discussion. That is another subject that has no real proof of existence.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

no it wouldn't. Population balances are strictly controled by the species you mentioned.

population balances are controlled by the amount of food available - if you put too much food into one species and it will become over populated

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

no it wouldn't. Population balances are strictly controled by the species you mentioned.

population balances are controlled by the amount of food available - if you put too much food into one species and it will become over populated

We have and never had have a natural predator.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
yes we have - bears are out natural predator

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Please do not bring religion in to this discussion. That is another subject that has no real proof of existence.

What proof do I have of your existence?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

yes we have - bears are out natural predator

Rotfl. The point is, any predators we have had and may have, we kill and activley seek to destroy. Can you give me an example of another animal that has this behaviour?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Please do not bring religion in to this discussion. That is another subject that has no real proof of existence.

What proof do I have of your existence?

I don't exist, I am just a figment of YOUR imagination

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
so because we have become technologically developed that we no longer have to run away from bears then that means we are from another planet ?

10 000 years ago we did belong on this planet because we where food for a creature , while now we dont belong on this planet because we dont have that threat ?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

so because we have become technologically developed that we no longer have to run away from bears then that means we are from another planet ?

10 000 years ago we did belong on this planet because we where food for a creature , while now we dont belong on this planet because we dont have that threat ?

I do not remember saying we were from another planet. In fact I did not.

I'm done posting tonight, too tired. Good night.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I think Kriz means that we cannot be divorced from our technology. Except for our brains, we are the most vulnerable creature on the planet. We have mastered the planet because of our intellect, but we are reminded this weekend that our mastery has it's limits and nature wields the ultimate power.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4As for us being "aliens", who knows. Just take on board this fact..

If humans were removed from the planet, no other species would suffer, a more natural balance would be created. This cannot be said for any other animal/species alive today.

so what did this mean then kriz ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join