It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC bike video goes viral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok so im sure we all know, states and cities are all going broke, going after the little guys for any minor infractions trying to get some kind of revenue to keep their own jobs...

This RT video popped up in my subscriptions... very funny video, and also some good points... The guy is doing the world a favor by using a bike instead of driving a gas guzzler and polluting the air...

His original video is at 3.35 million views since June 7th, 9 days ago...

ENJOY!!

And here is the Original video, this video footage is just hilarious! Great job casey on that!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When he rides in to the police car that's so funny s+f

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Though the video was funny, it has made me mad . What a fine country the U.S has become, and what even bothers me more is stupidity and lack of common sense. Once again a fine example of our elected officials making us pay for there ineptitude and greed

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Fantastic find and a great video to share. Not only does it show a common problem this individual (and many others) face, but it really points out the old saying,

"There is the letter of the law, and then there is the SPIRIT of the law"

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

I agree with that statement...

How have we become a nation who arrests and fines people for the stupidest crap... just to keep the system rolling... A system built on greed and corporate lobbyists... Ugh

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I really have to wonder how this guy got a ticket in the first place. Do you think a cop in a car will chase a bicyclist down the street for a 50.00 ticket? I mean... keep pedaling and ignore the cop. I think he wanted to get the ticket and make the video.

Not to mention, he should be fined for the amount of hair product he used in the interview.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

This is an awesome video. I saw this a little while ago and thought, now that is funny. I wonder if he got a ticket for purposefully riding into a cop car? Thanks, makes me laugh and shake my head at the same time - but perhaps a little creative activism sometimes works?

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Lol yeah I was wondering if he got a follow up ticket on hitting the cop car as well...

Well after what the cop told him, HE HAS TO RIDE IN THE BIKE LANE NO MATTER WHAT... I would be running into every cop car I could find in the bike lane, then show them the video of the other cop telling him that... Just say you were minding your own business and didnt expect anything to be in your way

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

As we both know, the law does not matter, it is subjective and any number of offences can be thrown in your face in seconds for nothing...It would almost be even better if he does get a ticket for it...it would prove his point even further!

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
interesting video. didn't realise he was a blind cyclist. only relaised that after he kept crashing into everything. if i was in a car and keep hitting people who just stepped out in fron of the car , would that be funny too? don't like the way he cut the police officer off so we couldn't hear what he was saying.

anyway people on bikes shouldn't be fined.

there is a lot of cyclists out their who have serious attitude problems and can be real a**holes. they love looking for trouble.

before i am attakcked there is plenty of cyclists who are not a-holes too.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I'd be suspect of this news story, its coming from RT Moscow...propaganda maybe?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if NYC cops have enough time to ticket bike riders then they must have rid the city of all the TRUE crime. If that's the case, they obviously need to scale back on the number of cops in the city to better address the budgetary constraints they're facing.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by morder1

I'd be suspect of this news story, its coming from RT Moscow...propaganda maybe?

Really?? You cant even take a few minutes to watch the video?

If you had, you can see there is no bias, or propaganda at all...

Why would you even comment if you dont watch it

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I watched it, the newscaster has a huge slant on supposed theories on 'ticket quotas' and other things she said made me thing this was anti america propaganda

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by morder1

I watched it, the newscaster has a huge slant on supposed theories on 'ticket quotas' and other things she said made me thing this was anti america propaganda

I know crazy, right? Ticket quotas.

From NY Times 2010: Police on tape pressing quotas

NY Daily News: Cops told to meet quotas

2006: Quotas confirmed, then denied

2011: Jury rules quotas influence police behavior

Just more anti-American fairy tale propaganda. Damn communists.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ahh yes, the "there are no quota" quotas...quota, say it five times fast...one of those words that suddenly sounds strange...anyway, if you like justice system quotas, check out this doozy:

Carol Chambers DA, in defending her Pay for Conviction policies

At least I posted her rebuttal to the issue in fairness. She is by far and away the WORST DA out there.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

That makes my stomach turn.

I remember being young and naive and thinking that defense attorneys were monsters for defending monsters.

Then I lived a little in the world and my opinion has just about flipped.

They push prosecution for every reason but the truth. It's a horrible practice that destroys lives, families and communities.

She dares to drag out that word "justice." I rarely ever see "justice." Courts and verdicts are all about scapegoating, revenge and profit.
edit on 17-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
interesting video. didn't realise he was a blind cyclist. only relaised that after he kept crashing into everything. if i was in a car and keep hitting people who just stepped out in fron of the car , would that be funny too? don't like the way he cut the police officer off so we couldn't hear what he was saying.

anyway people on bikes shouldn't be fined.

there is a lot of cyclists out their who have serious attitude problems and can be real a**holes. they love looking for trouble.

before i am attakcked there is plenty of cyclists who are not a-holes too.

A-holes are like opinions, everyone has one. Because I work seasonally for a little over minimum wage, I can't afford the expense of a car and make it through the winter. So every weekend I have to leave work at 2:00AM and take my chances with the drunks leaving one of the four local bars. Most drivers give me the half a lane required by law, but a few don't seem to worry that they might hit me. I even get taunted and yelled at even when I'm on the shoulder. And there is always the cop who will question me just because I'm riding a bicycle. It's really no wonder there are a few disgruntled bicyclists out there. It's probably a matter of time before I get the Easy Rider treatment by one of the local yahoos in their gas guzzling pick-up trucks.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

every road user has problems. pedestrians, cyclists, bikers, car drivers, truck drivers, bus drivers etc.

we all have to try our best to be aware of what is going on around and consider other people in their commute.

but why is it always the bloody cyclists that have to publicly moan and seem to think that they should receive special treatment on the road. i have seen many pedestrians bowled over by cyclists. i am sure the guy whinging in the video would be jumping up and down if he seen a motorist infringing on the cycle lane getting a ticket. he wants all these people invading his space to get a ticket just because he got a ticket. he didn't even let us hear what the cop had to say when he was handing it to him.

so the cyclist wants other people ticketed in the cycle lane. the motorists want the cyclist ticketed for breaking lights. the pedestrians wants the motorist ticketed for breaking the lights. the motorist wants the pedrestian ticket for jaywalking. we would all be happy as long as we dont get caught and everbody else got ticketed.

this guy got a ticket and it obviously really annoyed him. seems like a real jerk.

why did he block out what the cop was saying when passing him the ticket?????

the cop actually seemed nice enough. hes looking at this jerk videoing him for doing his job knowing this jerk is going stick it up on utube and does he say anything ? no. fair play to him.

top topics

join