It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pay Pal know my CC number before I changed it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Recently, I was issued another CC because the company was hacked. Yesterday, in anticipation of buying something online I went to PP to remove the old and add the new.

I could not do it other than find a way to add a card. I did not find a place to put in my new number.
A minute ago I went for live help and we called up a screen that had both my old number on it and my new number.

I have no memory of ever entering or attempting to enter the new number yesterday

This is a brand new computer and it does not have my CC number in it anywhere nor do I do the cloud thing.

Is it possible that PP could have my new number without me supplying it to them?
edit on 14-6-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

when I had to get a replacement credit card for a similar reason I got a recurring charge from a service which I didn't update my new card with. When I called the credit card company they informed me they provided the company my new number as a "courtesy". So apparently it is legal to give out your card info to companies which you have a subscription with... I wasn't very happy.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LostOurTheory

Yes, I had that done to me too a few years ago when I purchased a computer tuneup program for I thought one fee but discovered the next year that I had evidently signed a on-going contract and they hit my MC for it again.. The next year I told MC to close that account and give me a new card. They did. I figured I had outfoxed the swindlers. but MC when the renewal time rolled around again, they did as they did for you and went ahead and paid the yearly fee again to them.

My PP account was not a banking type account, merely a middleman for the CC useage.

new topics

join