It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami shootout kills one, injures bystanders and a few cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok I don't usually post stuff like this but imo this was a bit way over the top. I saw it on the news this morning and the video is nuts. All you hear are gun shots.

The shooting occurred around 4 a.m. on 15th and Collins. Carlos Noriega, the Miami Beach Police Chief said just before 4 a.m. a driver struck an officer with his car and then sped off. The police chased and shot at the car, and an unconfirmed witnesses say the driver was shooting out of his car as police chased him, but no gun was found. Eventually, the driver stopped the car and the police approached the driver side of the car with their guns drawn. Approximately a minute after the car was stopped the officers began shooting into the car. The driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene, and four bystanders were shot during the chase by what seems to be stray bullets fired by the police. Three police officers were also injured during the shooting.

I mean a shootout like that on public streets is not needed imo. Three bystanders and a few cops were injured. If they felt the need to shoot him, why not just one if they were that close? Why unleash all the bullets they have and in the process hurting innocent people?

source

Here is another video of someone who filmed their tv with the news story. It has a woman in it whose friend was injured during this, they were just walking to their hotel! I hope her friend is ok.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Looks horrible, all im saying is, you can see 'it looks like the INNOCENT bystanders, were shot by stray police' lol..........

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
Looks horrible, all im saying is, you can see 'it looks like the INNOCENT bystanders, were shot by stray police' lol..........

Exactly! I thought they weren't allowed to do this in an open public area where people are because you can hurt other people in the process or kill them. What if someone died as a result of this? Luckily they will ok, probably emotionally scarred but alive.

I know they aren't suppose to chase in areas like this either.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Already a thread about this video under a different name.
Police Confiscated Cell Phone Cameras After Shooting Unarmed Man On Miami Beach,
Wild Wild East?
Well it seems the marshall got his man, and the other guys too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I looked on the recent posts page and did't see it. WTF.

Thanks

Weird. Wonder why I can't find it in the firehose..

You guys can close this, I don't care. I looked but it was hidden

See why I never post these lol

edit on 6/1/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Because it would be two totally different threads, the other focuses on the confinscated camera issue.
While yours is on the wild wild west theme.
To me it looks like some cops got spooked and skrood the pooch.
But at least someone got film!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Funny thing is they don't mention a confiscated anything on the news here.

Either way this shooting was uncalled for imo. Innocent people got hurt. I mean those cops were right there, did they need to unleash like they were in a shoot out?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just crazy!

Thank God that no bystanders or tourists were killed by any stray bullets - four bystanders were accidentally shot and wounded and that is bad enough.

Okey, three officers were apparently wounded and I guess if you start shooting from your car on a crowded Washington Avenue with people & tourists around, the shooter/driver needed to be stopped in some way.

I can understand that, but I'm also a bit shocked by the way police opened massive fire with so many innocent bystanders nearby as well.

Honestly, it looked like one of those horrible Iraq videos when some suspicious car is approaching one road block and then gets blasted to pieces by bullets.

I guess that perhaps this reaction can occur when some police officers are also former soldiers with experience and training from Iraq?

Perhaps they unfortunately snap back into some primitive combat mode and temporarily forget about any bystanders when things heatens up and suddenly goes down?

Scary Wild West (East) indeed!

ETA:

I now read that he apparently didn't have any gun and therefore no shooting came from the driver - well, I suppose that makes the whole thing and their response to look even a bit more exaggerated .

edit on 1-6-2011 by Chevalerous because: edit to add.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Agreed, these are pretty much reports from 2 bad angles.
Speaking of bad angles, I think those florida cops need gun control.
You know, the kind that keeps you on target.
Ehhh nobody was killed, the officers involved will get a couple weeks off paid and receive....wait for it....
A mark on their "permanent" record.

It is just a matter of time before the people start shooting back, or take a page out of the US playbook and make some pre-emptive strikes.
The police do seem to be exhibiting more and more the characteristics of an occupying army.
And alot recently they seem to be dropping the ball on To serve and protect.
And even fewer seem to know they have an oath to the constitution.

edit on 1-6-2011 by g146541 because: bad spellar

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Has anyone one heard the official BS story as to why? It should be interesting to hear why a small army of cops unloaded on an unarmed man, apparently shot three of their own an several pedestrians. Then it was stated that it had spread to the area with the cops running around and macing people. Talk about cops gone wild. I wonder if Obamas Justice Dept. is going to investigate this.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Guess I will answer my own question. The official line is the police chased him three blocks. There may have been passangers with guns. The police may have shot the pedestrians. And they need to stop having the Urban Beach weekend. Which draws 200,000- 300,000 to Miami. That is a way to keep the cops under control. Keep them away from people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From everything I've read in the past plus currently written articles and spoken with people about the whole urban weekend. Well it's not very positive. Friends that go out on south beach usually avoid it like the plague during memorial day.

Apparently a very ugly crowd comes to miami beach during memorial day.
431 arrests up from 384.
Too many people crammed onto the beach with no where to go.
Alcohol doesn't help things either.

At this rate the residents don't want the urban beach weekend to ever come back to town. It's too much of a hassle.

Not sure how they will accomplish that. though expect curfews and street sweeps like in mardi gras.

top topics

join