It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! The law of cause and effect is Alive and well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Cause:
as I'm checking my bags at the airport ticket counter I get angry at the baggage fee sign. It's 25 bucks for bag number 1 and an additional 35 bucks for bag number 2. That's for all domestic flights. Flights to euorpe: first bag free, second bag 55 dollars. Now this is what really grinds my gears: flights from south America or middle east, 2 bags for free!! This seems backwards, doesn't it cost more in fuel to go a farther distance with more cargo weight?

Anyways this is the meat and potatoes, I get to the security checkpoint and start making comments about the full body scanners. The guy tells me it doesn't use radiation it won't hurt me. I don't give a # about radiation I give a # about personal rights and privacy. So when they tell me to lift my arms up for the scan I flip them two twin proud American birds of freedom. stick that in your scan and smoke it TSA. the lady even asked me to lower my hands a bit so they could includemy middle fingers, how nice!

Effect:
promptly after exiting the scanner I stand and wait as the goon with a radio is listening. I know it's about me, and I know they aren't happy. They ask me to step aside into their little holding pen where eveyone can watch them search you. I take this as an attempt to break my spirit, so I stare them right in the eyes and maintain and extremely serious don't-screw-with-me look. They know I'm not happy. they offer a private screening, I decline. I want people to see. The little dweeb with a badge assigned to search me asks my consent to the search and with the look of pride anger and defiance rolled into one still plastered on my face I stare him straight in the eye and say in a slow serious way "just as long as it remains appropriate" I can tell he then feels a slight shiver of fear at my words. I am not one to be #ed with and take it lying down. he knows in the back of his head that one wrong slip of the hand is gonna land him with a knee or fist reflex right square to his face.

Thankfully he was smarter than that and I did not have to resort to violence to protect my dignity and rights. Meanwhile the rest of the TSA are avoiding eye contact. They know the scare tactics they just tried to use were inneffective as I walk off and stare down the lead supervisor. He says have a good day as a way to save face and I walked off with my head held high as I said oh I will. Later I saw two TSA watching my flight before it boarded, probably to keep an eye on me.

Conclusion:
on my return flight home, the TSA will acquire yet another picture of two freedoms of expressions emanating proudly from my closed fists. And as a law abiding citizen there will be nothing they can do about it besides search me or put me on a list of open minded people that speak out so they can hassle me at evey airport in the future. But I will still walk away proudly knowing that I took action to stand up for my beliefs and hopefully pave the way for others to follow.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Did you get the bombs in though, thats what we're waiting to hear!!!

Oh wait, not U2U, hang on, deleting post..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

you super bad ass!

I cant even count the times Ive flown in the past year and wasnt searched even once. Stories like this make me giggle.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

I too have been itching to put or find myself in the same situation, simply for the sake of lashing out towards them. However, I have not decided to use the method you used or just drop my drawers right there in line and be bare ass naked. I suppose it will depend on my mood at the time.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Did you get the bombs in though, thats what we're waiting to hear!!!

Oh wait, not U2U, hang on, deleting post..

I was once on a trip and one of the people near me started making jokes like that about the checkpoint we were waiting for. They made a remark about bombs and other things and how the jokes were funny. At that point a man turned around to face this person and point out the sign about joking about bombs in line. It was quite funny.

To the OP,

I'm glad you took it like we should take it. Not violent without cause, and unwilling to be a cog in the gears.

ETA: I loved the scanner part, especially the TSA comment.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mapkar because: added ETA.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna

you super bad ass!

I cant even count the times Ive flown in the past year and wasnt searched even once. Stories like this make me giggle.

I fly at least 4 or 5 times a year and have never been searched either till today. Which is why I decided to post my revelation

Originally posted by Mapkar

To the OP,

I'm glad you took it like we should take it. Not violent without cause, and unwilling to be a cog in the gears.

exactly, I refuse to be a cog in the machine, no matter how insignificant I am. Maybe more cogs will also refuse to turn and then the machine will require attention.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I Am Not A Cog...!!!
oh wait (looks at name)
hmm nothing to see here, ll be going now...

But on another note, nice protest for your rights
i love your response to the body search.. classic line if i ever heard one.. if more people used this they would strike the fear back into their hearts..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So what you are saying is that you purposely intimidated a person that is getting paid probably a very low wage for having to do his job, which as it happens, is designed to make air travel safer for people like yourself all because you were upset over spending 50 bucks and thought you'd "stick it to the man"

Well done mate, all you've achieved here is making yourself look like an arrogant bully who thinks the world owes him something...

Imagine if those gates weren't there and somebody smuggled a bomb on to your flight...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Well, those jackwagons should choose a better employer.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
So what you are saying is that you purposely intimidated a person that is getting paid probably a very low wage for having to do his job, which as it happens, is designed to make air travel safer for people like yourself all because you were upset over spending 50 bucks and thought you'd "stick it to the man"

Well done mate, all you've achieved here is making yourself look like an arrogant bully who thinks the world owes him something...

Imagine if those gates weren't there and somebody smuggled a bomb on to your flight...

the 25 dollars I spent got me in the mood of feeling stuck by the man, I simply chose to fight fire with fire and engage their intimidation with my own. The person there was just doing their job. And I was doing mine as a human being with feelings and thoughts of ther own. If there was a bomb on the plane I would be the first to attack the attackers. I would not remain seated and wish for someone to save me.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Ever thought they may not have a choice? a job's a job....

reply to post by deafseeingeyedog

First of all it is the airlines that are charging you a baggage fee, if you have a problem with spending $25 take it up with them, the reasoning behind the charges are for short haul flights they do not make as much money from your ticket as they do on long haul (hence the reason you do not have to pay excess baggage on those flights)

Secondly the poor sod that you so expertly intimidated is not in anyway affilliated with those airlines, he will be a contractor to a third party security company employed by the airport and as I said earlier just there to do his job, the last thing he wants or needs is some person screwing up his day because he somehow thinks he's better than every other person who has to go through those security gates every day in the name of safety!

You might be the type of person to attack a man with a bomb and I applaud that (if you could make it in time) but don't you think the sensible option would be to negate the possibility of the bomb in the first place, therefore removing the need to "flex" your muscles and ego...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by Skewed

Ever thought they may not have a choice? a job's a job....

There is always a choice, may not be a choice one would like, but a choice none the less. So, by that reasoning, I should begin shopping at walmart so that their employees have job security? I do not think so.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join