It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'New kind of militant' behind Pakistan Karachi attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It is a possibility that this was the softer of the two targets you mentioned and simply acted as a statement of abilities. Additionally, if there are undertones to this, a Pakistani target would re-enforce the statement that Pakistan is incapable of guarding its assets.

However, this is my personal opinion.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Your third paragraph is correct......I always said amongst other threads.....watch India

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Your assumption is correct, although I am currently working in Bavaria on a military project.
Why now? Hum, sudden influx of funds, support or tech? Hard to say. I still think that it has black op undertones and is acting as a precursor to future events. Hint, hint.

I kind feel it has MI9 type undertones.. but that is probably just my mistrust.

Glad you hear your still busy
long time since I worked on such projects.. now working with rotary wings

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Ah, good old choppers. I used to love the old Chinook (18 Sqn) Odiham, but lost a load back in 82 when the naughty Argies put them at the bottom of the sea bed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Super terrorists?

Maybe they were deserters from the Pakistani military, or had been trained by servicemen.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Anything is possible, or indeed mercinaries.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Ah, good old choppers. I used to love the old Chinook (18 Sqn) Odiham, but lost a load back in 82 when the naughty Argies put them at the bottom of the sea bed.

A little off topic but I was working on projects in our RGHQs at that time.. now in systems deployment for SAR operations.

But the Orions certainly had me interested.. but would leave very obvious holes in their defences hence my thoughts running along the lines of an Mi9 type setup..

edit on 25/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Maybe it was a simple statement or the have access to seagoing vessels, but from where?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The new 'leader' of Al-Qaida was with the Egyptian military, remember?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

paktribune.com...
Could be India, U.S. and Israel all together.

In the light of the above objectives we can visualize the hidden hands behind the attack on Pakistan Navel Base, i.e. India, U.S, and Israel collaboration in and their continuing treacherous alliance. In this connection there are three possibilities, firstly, we can say that they have managed to target several Pakistan Navy assets, create a major hole in Pakistani war capability, shake the national morale, and give a boost to protracted propaganda in mainly US media about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons and sites. The incident of Naval Forces occurred at a time when the Pakistani nation faced a major security breach on May 2,2011 and parliament passed a resolution against U.S. unilaterally action of Abbottabad. CIA and ISI differences over OBL killing and others intelligence matters clearly caused the trust deficit between them. The reasons are obvious because Pakistan security agencies and ISI have only single interest i.e. guarding national whereas CIA has multidimensional interests of super power.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Nice find. That pretty well sums up what a lot of people are probably already thinking here.

Starred

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Pakistan is so two faced.....smh
second line

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Sure, here you go

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I had that info on Eric Prince about a month ago, but had not really found any credible sources to post it here.
But, it looks like you may be onto something.

Good find./

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Oh yeah but they have problems with that one.....it appears they are two different people so no one is falling for it!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Damn it....did you have to go spoil all the fun? LOL

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

the cia trained the taliban to make ieds when they was fighting the russians as freedom fighters .
now they fight another invader and they are called rebels .

its a safe bet that the terrorist attacks in pakistan have been trained and supported by the cia .

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wonder how's China going to play this with India, US and Israel trying to destabilize it's best pal in the region?

Without Chinese engineers Pakistan would have never had nukes or an Air force.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
called some of my relatives in karachi, told me that there are a lot of tension. shops are closing early, people are stocking up on main supplies. same thing in lahore and hyderabad. even gang fighting seems to have ceased for now, its like the calm before the storm. growing resentment right now against the army which never has happened before.

im actually heading back there in july.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join